Offseason Thread.. What do you want?

Ok, now let me say what i want.....

BIG FAST (or FAST ENOUGH) FORWARDS!!! dont care if they are brain dead LETS GET THAT TEAM SIZE AVERAGE UP FOR F@&^@*$(!&!^!!!

:hlogo:

Evgeny Artyukin should get the average up!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The departure of Halak was a big mistake. Halak must have stolen at least 16 points for us in order to make the playoffs. Then Halak went on to stun the capitals and penguins in the playoffs. What does our brass do? They trade him for two unknowns! So now that CAREY PRICE is THE GUY we will wait and see how their error will soon unfold. I'm a firm believer that Carey will someday be a great netminder but I don't believe it to be with the habs. On another note how the hell could they let Dominic Moore go? For crying out loud we gave up a second round pick for him. Why on earth would you trade for Dan Ellis and then let him go also. Mr. Jeffrey Molson please do us all a big favor and fire all these no good bums. With the looks of toronto and ottawa and tampa bay this year I expect the habs to finish 12 place in the east at best... :angry:

The departure of Halak was a big mistake. Halak must have stolen at least 16 points for us in order to make the playoffs. Then Halak went on to stun the capitals and penguins in the playoffs. What does our brass do? They trade him for two unknowns! So now that CAREY PRICE is THE GUY we will wait and see how their error will soon unfold. I'm a firm believer that Carey will someday be a great netminder but I don't believe it to be with the habs. On another note how the hell could they let Dominic Moore go? For crying out loud we gave up a second round pick for him. Why on earth would you trade for Dan Ellis and then let him go also. Mr. Jeffrey Molson please do us all a big favor and fire all these no good bums. With the looks of toronto and ottawa and tampa bay this year I expect the habs to finish 12 place in the east at best... :angry:

It's called business. With a Salary Cap it becomes more about money than keeping those who deserve it.

Halak is going to get 3x what Carey gets. And Eller is a cheaper, younger replacement of Moore.

It would be nice to be able to spend 100 million and sign everybody, but this is a business. And so far, I believe PG is doing a tremendous job!

It's called business. With a Salary Cap it becomes more about money than keeping those who deserve it.

Halak is going to get 3x what Carey gets. And Eller is a cheaper, younger replacement of Moore.

It would be nice to be able to spend 100 million and sign everybody, but this is a business. And so far, I believe PG is doing a tremendous job!

Agreed 100%.

i thing we could do a deal like hossa's..for a cheap cap hit..maybe?? i think if we would of sign Frolov it be done by now?

Dunno. I think it's mostly players in their early 30s who sign those deals.

Pierre LeBrun Real_ESPNLeBrun:

"Hearing Rangers not liking what they're hearing from Frolov $$$"

If the RANGERS think he's asking for too much he must be looking for at least 4.5M...

Frolov would be cool. I fear we spent too much last summer though. Looks like keeping our current players is a more realistic goal. Unless we shed salary.

Dunno. I think it's mostly players in their early 30s who sign those deals.

Pierre LeBrun Real_ESPNLeBrun:

"Hearing Rangers not liking what they're hearing from Frolov $$$"

If the RANGERS think he's asking for too much he must be looking for at least 4.5M...

For the Rangers to think it's too much, it must be in the neighborhood of 9 mil. :lol:

Alot of contracts that I wouldnt want on the habs have been handed out today so Im happy with not signing anything significant except for a cheap backup in Auld. 2,5M/year for Malhotra? Colby Armstrong 3M/year? Id trade Spacek for Gonchar in a heartbeat though. Id take Tanguay at 1.7M/year as well.

I don't think that we will be signing another player soon, what we see is what we get. What's the story with Andrei Markov will he be starting the season in october cause last I heard it might very well be in january 2011. With the departure of Sergei K I hope that his bro Andrei K wakes up however I doubt that very much. With the current roster I'm ready to predict that the habs will finish the season in 13th place. How do you view our roster? :hlogo:

Edited by nikohab

Mmmmm...........

Calgary Flames have brought Tanguay and Jokinen back

And Iginla had a bad season last year

Is it possible that CGY is looking to trade Iggy?

AK46+Hammer for Iginla

Do it PG

Mmmmm...........

Calgary Flames have brought Tanguay and Jokinen back

And Iginla had a bad season last year

Is it possible that CGY is looking to trade Iggy?

AK46+Hammer for Iginla

Do it PG

Even if Calgary was willing - which they wouldn't be, PG would probably offer up Cammy, PK and AK for Iggy.

Wow, this team keeps getting better. hahaha. Star goalie gone. replaced by the worst goalie in the league. No offer for moore, and one of our best prospects gone for a grinder.

Wow, this team keeps getting better. hahaha. Star goalie gone. replaced by the worst goalie in the league. No offer for moore, and one of our best prospects gone for a grinder.

Since when was SK a 'best' prospect?

I'd put a lot of players higher than SK.

Halak was 9-9 in the playoffs? That equates to star goalie now?

How do you know there's been no offer to Moore? What is Moore is weighing all his options.

Seriously, Day 1 of Free Agency and the woe is me crowd are jumping off bridges.

Thanks bar, you beat me to it. All this complaining for no reason really. Remeber all the complaining about blowing up the team last year? Well i would say it was acomplete success even with all the injuries. Now PG has rid them of another problem in SK, some people talk about his guy like he is super star or something.

What did they get, They got a top end prospect with size and speed who is nhl ready, a solid big, tough 21 year old who will fight. They got Boyd to replace Moore, who is younger, grittier and a RH center. Not as polished as Moore, but certainly cheaper.

So they addressed the needs they had, they got younger, bigger, faster and tougher.

They git a cheap back up goalie who is a 500 goalie.

Yea, i'm sure Gomez wearing #11 will be the next item that gets everyone worked up.

Also, barring a trade i think they are done. But if i am PG i would seriously consider adding McGratton. He only needs to play 40 or so games. He is a top heavy weight, and unlike Laraque will protect his team mates.

Yea, i'm sure Gomez wearing #11 will be the next item that gets everyone worked up.

Also, barring a trade i think they are done. But if i am PG i would seriously consider adding McGratton. He only needs to play 40 or so games. He is a top heavy weight, and unlike Laraque will protect his team mates.

i also think McGratton be a good pick up...