• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gionta-Gomez-Pax/Pouliot

Cammy-Plek-AK

Laps-Eller-Pyatt

White-Boyd-Darche

Something like that? I think I might be missing someone.

You're missing Moen! Get Darche out of the line up right now! :)

I still expect another forward to be signed... perhaps Frolov.

What are the lines without another forward?

Same here. We have the cap space to add one more solid player. Rumour is we're dangling Kostitsyn as trade bait (for something cheap) and then we sign Frolov as a replacement. But even if we don't trade anyone, I think we can afford to sign a mid-range forward like Ponikarovsky or Lombardi.

.......and if all else fails, why wouldn't we bring back Moore?

Seriously, Day 1 of Free Agency and the woe is me crowd are jumping off bridges.

Well last year's spending spree did set the bar unrealistically high. ^_^

Habs need a guy like Raffi Torres because he goes hard to the net. Isn't that a big piece of the puzzle the habs needed for a very very long time now? Lombardi would also be a great pick up and lastly sign Moore to a 3 year contract. Now in order to make this all possible we need to unload AK even let him walk if we really have to. Trade or buy out Hamrliks last year of his contract. :clap:

Habs need a guy like Raffi Torres because he goes hard to the net. Isn't that a big piece of the puzzle the habs needed for a very very long time now? Lombardi would also be a great pick up and lastly sign Moore to a 3 year contract. Now in order to make this all possible we need to unload AK even let him walk if we really have to. Trade or buy out Hamrliks last year of his contract. :clap:

The buyout window for Hamrlik has closed, it's not happening which takes one of your 3 options out of the picture.

Thanks bar, you beat me to it. All this complaining for no reason really. Remeber all the complaining about blowing up the team last year? Well i would say it was acomplete success even with all the injuries. Now PG has rid them of another problem in SK, some people talk about his guy like he is super star or something.

What did they get, They got a top end prospect with size and speed who is nhl ready, a solid big, tough 21 year old who will fight. They got Boyd to replace Moore, who is younger, grittier and a RH center. Not as polished as Moore, but certainly cheaper.

So they addressed the needs they had, they got younger, bigger, faster and tougher.

They git a cheap back up goalie who is a 500 goalie.

I supported the signings last year. So far this year looks like a train wreck to me. The team is supposed to get better. I just don't believe what we are doing is making the team better. I just hope there is something coming.

Thanks bar, you beat me to it. All this complaining for no reason really. Remeber all the complaining about blowing up the team last year? Well i would say it was acomplete success even with all the injuries. Now PG has rid them of another problem in SK, some people talk about his guy like he is super star or something.

What did they get, They got a top end prospect with size and speed who is nhl ready, a solid big, tough 21 year old who will fight. They got Boyd to replace Moore, who is younger, grittier and a RH center. Not as polished as Moore, but certainly cheaper.

So they addressed the needs they had, they got younger, bigger, faster and tougher.

They git a cheap back up goalie who is a 500 goalie.

SK a superstar or something? Not a single post suggested that.

I supported the signings last year. So far this year looks like a train wreck to me. The team is supposed to get better. I just don't believe what we are doing is making the team better. I just hope there is something coming.

I bet when Kovalchuk signs here noone will complain anymore :D

I bet when Kovalchuk signs here noone will complain anymore :D

Hey if Price can be the man, and Plek plays the same as he did for one season for the next 6 years, the PG is a genius. I just don't think we got better. Halak is better than Auld. I don't care about SK, but would have been very happy to land Ellis. Boyd is a role player among a million. Everbody has them. I doubt he's better than metro or moore.

Hey if Price can be the man, and Plek plays the same as he did for one season for the next 6 years, the PG is a genius. I just don't think we got better. Halak is better than Auld. I don't care about SK, but would have been very happy to land Ellis. Boyd is a role player among a million. Everbody has them. I doubt he's better than metro or moore.

Boyd is bigger, grittier, younger and cheaper. He is also a right handed centre which is a big positive.

Boyd is bigger, grittier, younger and cheaper. He is also a right handed centre which is a big positive.

I thought that he was right handed as well but he is actually left handed. It would be nice if he were a righty, as we are lacking.

I thought that he was right handed as well but he is actually left handed. It would be nice if he were a righty, as we are lacking.

I want

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/82246/Habs_Girls_EDM.JPG

the above....

but I would settle for this faKbook page

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32527400253

Moor and Metro could score though.

Yeah, Boyd is not an obvious upgrade on either of those guys, although he is cheaper and younger - not insignificant considerations. I see no reason to think our bottom-6 is any better now than it was at the end of last year, though. Indeed with Metro gone we arguably have less depth.

We may have less scoring depth, it remains to be seen whether Eller makes the team or not, but I think we've upped our physical quotent this season, hopefully White gets a full time ride on the 4th this year with Pyatt.

There is still a right shooting forward with size missing.

Aaron Asham would complement Moen pretty well. Don't laught he was a one of the key

forwards in Philly drive to the cup. He still has some decent speed, size, knows the game, can drop

the gloves to defend team mates. Wich will be very helpful with Leafs and Boston line ups.

I don't see how they lost offense, realistically the only reason Metro got PP time was long injuries for Gionta and Cammi.

Boyd scored 11 goals last year in the 3rd, 4th line roles.

lapierre stunk during the regular deason, he should be able to put up 8-10 golas.

Eller can score goals and create offense.

Unlike most of you, i liker the roster better this up coming year, They can actually role 4 lines when JM wants to, players are younger, bigger and faster.

Markov injury stinks, but the have Subban to creat some offense.