Offseason Thread.. What do you want?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like our roster too, I just grow weary of Anfrei's streakiness. I like him, but if we could flip him for a more consistent contributor, I'd go for it.

I really feel theirs a trade in the works....

I really feel theirs a trade in the works....

There are many trades in the work, but not in Montreal.

As soon as Kovalchuk will be signed most of the teams will look out UFA realise

there is not much there and look to trade.

Our roster is looking better. I wonder if they'll give Carle a shot on D with Markov out or look for a cheap vet to fill the gap. Price has to get his deal done before much else can happen (if there's much room for anything else to be added or if someone has to be traded to do so). Trotter should get a shot next year as the RH shot for the PP. Boyd, Eller, Pacioretty add some youth with speed, size, grit and skill.

To those that think Boyd is some offensive stiff, you never saw this kid in junior. I'm surprised he hasn't done better offensively, but then again he was in Calgary.

We have six potential forwards that are currently between 21 and 23 (Boyd, Eller, Pacioretty, Pouliot, Pyatt, Trotter; Maxwell as a callup). Add Subban, Carle/Weber, Price and the slightly older Lapierre, Gorges and Kostitsyn and that's quite a nice complimentary group to our Gomez/Cammalleri/Gionta/Plekanec/Markov core.

Our roster is looking better. I wonder if they'll give Carle a shot on D with Markov out or look for a cheap vet to fill the gap. Price has to get his deal done before much else can happen (if there's much room for anything else to be added or if someone has to be traded to do so). Trotter should get a shot next year as the RH shot for the PP. Boyd, Eller, Pacioretty add some youth with speed, size, grit and skill.

To those that think Boyd is some offensive stiff, you never saw this kid in junior. I'm surprised he hasn't done better offensively, but then again he was in Calgary.

We have six potential forwards that are currently between 21 and 23 (Boyd, Eller, Pacioretty, Pouliot, Pyatt, Trotter; Maxwell as a callup). Add Subban, Carle/Weber, Price and the slightly older Lapierre, Gorges and Kostitsyn and that's quite a nice complimentary group to our Gomez/Cammalleri/Gionta/Plekanec/Markov core.

i really hope pouliot is at the gym all summer... i like everything i hear about Eller, i cant wait to watch him play...WE need Pacioretty to take it bring his game up..I think pyatt and boyd well do all the little things..

Boyd played in Calgary AND Nashville. Two of the most offensively restrictive teams in the NHL.

I was a fan when he was in Calgary and don't view him as just a throw in.

Edited by Wamsley01

Boyd played in Calgary AND Nashville. Two of the most offensively restrictive teams in the NHL.

I was a fan when he was in Calgary and don't view him as just a throw in.

31 goals, 31 assists in 210 games by age 23, averaging 11:46 ice time per game. Sergei had 24 goals, 44 assists in 155 games by age 23, averaging 14:13 in ice time per game. I can see where this is perceived as a downgrade, but Boyd definitely is the one that has been held back more in terms of being allowed to produce. Another example: Sergei has 8 career PPG's, Boyd has 1. Each has a SHG in their career.

i really hope pouliot is at the gym all summer... i like everything i hear about Eller, i cant wait to watch him play...WE need Pacioretty to take it bring his game up..I think pyatt and boyd well do all the little things..

double the protein shakes.... but I wouldnt stress too much in bulk for POULIOT.. to be honest i THINK its his poor Cardio fitness... he needs to be able to skate as well as he does in the first period for 6 periods straight! ..in case we are in triple over time ;)

31 goals, 31 assists in 210 games by age 23, averaging 11:46 ice time per game. Sergei had 24 goals, 44 assists in 155 games by age 23, averaging 14:13 in ice time per game. I can see where this is perceived as a downgrade, but Boyd definitely is the one that has been held back more in terms of being allowed to produce. Another example: Sergei has 8 career PPG's, Boyd has 1. Each has a SHG in their career.

It would be interesting to see his stats per minute even strength as well as his offensive/defensive zone faceoff starts compared to Sergei.

Sergei was given plenty of offensive opportunity early in his Montreal career.

There AHL stats are not that much different with Sergei putting up .89 PPG and Boyd .8 PPG.

Edited by Wamsley01

• 2 weeks later...
Also wanna know... why is Habsworld down so much?!??! someone trying to hack the site?

We've had a few issues lately (had to do some behind the scenes fixes) but as far as I know they should be resolved by now. If HW keeps crashing, be sure to let us know.

It would be interesting to see his stats per minute even strength as well as his offensive/defensive zone faceoff starts compared to Sergei.

Sergei was given plenty of offensive opportunity early in his Montreal career.

There AHL stats are not that much different with Sergei putting up .89 PPG and Boyd .8 PPG.

I gotta say, this is encouraging news. I didn't know much about Boyd, but from what I'm reading about him on this thread, I think he might actually have some potential. Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a lazy bum like Sergei!