Habs facing Huge summer

Wamsley01

Buy out Hammer

Try to resign Pleks, but don't go crazy

Trade halak for top 4 D prospect (if needed throw in Pleks for top D)

Pick up waiver goalie

Move PK up

Get Marleau or Kessler

fill holes with youth (deshardans, pacs and trotts) during season

Get Pouliot a brain, Tell Max every game is playoff game, keep markov healthy, get O'Byrne to Oz for heart and brain, Move spacek to home spot and pray, and remind Carey that he needs to deliver...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy out Hammer

Try to resign Pleks, but don't go crazy

Trade halak for top 4 D prospect (if needed throw in Pleks for top D)

Pick up waiver goalie

Move PK up

Get Marleau or Kessler

fill holes with youth (deshardans, pacs and trotts) during season

Get Pouliot a brain, Tell Max every game is playoff game, keep markov healthy, get O'Byrne to Oz for heart and brain, Move spacek to home spot and pray, and remind Carey that he needs to deliver...

It's a little late for Kessler, but otherwise looks decent. You would probably need to bring in one more top six forward.

It's a little late for Kessler, but otherwise looks decent. You would probably need to bring in one more top six forward.

Just look when Marleau signs with the Leafs along with Pleks and Laraque and the Leafs starts to pound us with 5-1 kinda wins all year long. What we do? We sign Craig Darby as our 2nd line center, somehow manages to trade for Adrian Aucoin or Sheldon Souray and end up bottom 5 in the league.

Thats my negative scenario.

Positive scenario - Price signs a 2 year 1M/year deal and Halak a 2 year 3.5M/year deal, Plekanec agrees to 7 years 3,8M/year, We dump Hamrliks contract and makes a keysigning of some sort during the summer. Several prospects makes the big jump to elite nhlers including PK Subban and Max Pacioretty. And lastly, Fischer turns up at camp and plays like a 28 year old chris chelios and signs a 3 year rookiedeal.

YAY nightmare and dream. Guess what we can expect is more close to the nightmare than the dream.

Just look when Marleau signs with the Leafs along with Pleks and Laraque and the Leafs starts to pound us with 5-1 kinda wins all year long. What we do? We sign Craig Darby as our 2nd line center, somehow manages to trade for Adrian Aucoin or Sheldon Souray and end up bottom 5 in the league.

Thats my negative scenario.

Positive scenario - Price signs a 2 year 1M/year deal and Halak a 2 year 3.5M/year deal, Plekanec agrees to 7 years 3,8M/year, We dump Hamrliks contract and makes a keysigning of some sort during the summer. Several prospects makes the big jump to elite nhlers including PK Subban and Max Pacioretty. And lastly, Fischer turns up at camp and plays like a 28 year old chris chelios and signs a 3 year rookiedeal.

YAY nightmare and dream. Guess what we can expect is more close to the nightmare than the dream.

Every time we have UFAs or appealing UFAs are on the market, habs fans panic that the Leafs will sign them all and pound the snot out of us. Hasn't happened yet. In fact WE schooled the Leafs when we signed Cammy. Frankie says relax.

Plaks is gone because a few teams will and can offer 5-6 million per season contract. The AK'S are also gone for a good young prospect and high pick in the upcomung draft. Hamrlik will be bought out if he cannot be traded. I cannot see how we can trade Halak however I can see Price going to the west. Why should we not seriously consider trading Markov now that he is damaged goods. Please keep Moore and Pyatt and let PK Subban join our roster. If all of this does transpire then we will have the cap money to bring Marleau on board along with a top 4 defenceman. :clap:

Edited by nikohab

Plaks is gone because a few teams will and can offer 5-6 million per season contract. The AK'S are also gone for a good young prospect and high pick in the upcomung draft. Hamrlik will be bought out if he cannot be traded. I cannot see how we can trade Halak however I can see Price going to the west. Why should we not seriously consider trading Markov now that he is damaged goods. Please keep Moore and Pyatt and let PK Subban join our roster. If all of this does transpire then we will have the cap money to bring Marleau on board along with a top 4 defenceman. :clap:

Kind of a strange post, you want to trade Markov and bring in a top 4 Dman? I guarantee he won't be better than Markov. Also you said we should trade Markov because he is damaged goods. I'm guessing you don't play the stock market because selling low is a bad idea. Not sure how Marleau replaces Pleks AND the "AK's" (i assume you mean SK and AK).

Anyone expecting big changes this offseason is going to be disapointed. I expect the team to look much the same as it does now, except maybe a buy out of Hammer. I think that will be the biggest off season move. And that will be to get Plek and the goaltenders signed.

Anyone expecting big changes this offseason is going to be disapointed. I expect the team to look much the same as it does now, except maybe a buy out of Hammer. I think that will be the biggest off season move. And that will be to get Plek and the goaltenders signed.

I think the team will be similar, but at least a 30-40% roster turnover is in the cards I think. That may seem like a lot, but that's really 6-7 players off of the 25 man roster and when Laraque's part of that 6-7, we're already started. Mara, Bergeron, Metropolit, and Darche take it to 5; if Sergei's dealt, there's 6 in a hurry, not including Plekanec, Moore, the goalies, etc. Mostly tweaking this time instead of the overhaul from last year so I agree, probably not a lot of big changes..

Every time we have UFAs or appealing UFAs are on the market, habs fans panic that the Leafs will sign them all and pound the snot out of us. Hasn't happened yet. In fact WE schooled the Leafs when we signed Cammy. Frankie says relax.

Why do we care what the Leafs do?

The Habs have played one meaningful game against the Leafs in 30 years, they have missed the playoffs 5 straight seasons and they have the longest Cup drought in the NHL.

The majority of people on this board don't even remember the 1978/79 ass whippings that the Habs

laid on the Leafs.

I could care less what the Leafs do anymore, it has zero bearing on anything.

Why do we care what the Leafs do?

The Habs have played one meaningful game against the Leafs in 30 years, they have missed the playoffs 5 straight seasons and they have the longest Cup drought in the NHL.

The majority of people on this board don't even remember the 1978/79 ass whippings that the Habs

laid on the Leafs.

I could care less what the Leafs do anymore, it has zero bearing on anything.

Those that care (I care a little) are motivated by hopes of this continuing.

More years of non playoff hockey and more poor decisions that will help keep them that way.

Yeah it has no bearing on the Habs though. We have our own difficult path to navigate this summer.

Edited by Prime Minister Koivu

I don't know about Sharp.. have you seen his classless act during the Finals, insulting his ex-teammate Leighton when he was going the the bench after getting pulled? I found that disgusting. I'm even pretty sure Sharp is pissed off how the last game ended. He wanted to shoot the puck from the slot but little punk Kane did it all by himself, and the poor vet couldn't reach the kid to celebrate lol. Anyways not a big fan of Kane, not a big fan of Sharp.

By the way, Hawks will need cheap players next year to fill in their roster. I wouldn't be surprise to see SK end up there and have a decent season on Kane's line.

I don't know about Sharp.. have you seen his classless act during the Finals, insulting his ex-teammate Leighton when he was going the the bench after getting pulled? I found that disgusting. I'm even pretty sure Sharp is pissed off how the last game ended. He wanted to shoot the puck from the slot but little punk Kane did it all by himself, and the poor vet couldn't reach the kid to celebrate lol. Anyways not a big fan of Kane, not a big fan of Sharp.

By the way, Hawks will need cheap players next year to fill in their roster. I wouldn't be surprise to see SK end up there and have a decent season on Kane's line.

that not classless that competitive..its nature of the beast..you should see me and my brother drop the gloves everytime we play hockey...but after the game we laught about it and drink beer...and anyway because your teammates with someone does mean u like them...i what competitive players on the habs not a brunch of guys skateing around on the ice talking to ex teams mates planing want to do after the game..

Not a fan of Sharp. Decent, but not the answer we need.

I still think we need to target Frolov and Marleau, then make a few trades.

Cammy - Marleau - Frolov

Gionta - Gomez - J.Carter

Moen - Moore - Laps

MaxPac - White - Pyatt

Markov - Gorges

Spacek - Subban

OByrne - Emelin

Price or Halak

Sign Marleau and Frolov.

ReSign Moore.

Buy out Hammer.

Trade Hal Gill for a draft pick.

Sign Emelin and get him on a plane.

Trade a goalie for Jeff Carter.

Lol... Are you criticizing Kane for shooting the puck that resulted in the goal that won the Stanley Cup. Really?

Leighton and Sharp were never teammates. When Sharp first came to Chicago, Leighton was in the AHL. The next year, Leighton was gone.

I'd take Sharp and Kane over any two players on our roster. Sharp's a terrific two way player with tons of speed, much like Plekanec, with the added bonus of being a RH shot. Kane is something we don't have in our system at all, and not anything even close to it.

He's just still upset over Kane's taxi incident last summer. We now object to adding players based on how "classy" they are? It's not like we're talking about dirty players here...

Edited by huzer

Cammy - Marleau - Frolov

Moen - Moore - Laps

MaxPac - White - Pyatt

Markov - Gorges

Spacek - Subban

OByrne - Emelin

Price or Halak

Sign Marleau and Frolov.

ReSign Moore.

Buy out Hammer.

i dont see how we could sign the guys u what...Marleau looking for 6-7mil, frolov is looking for5-6 mil, carter is 5 mil..plus we got to sign moore,halak,pyatt,laps,emelin..

i would trade for Patrick Sharp 3.9 mil for 1pick and sk.....

trade a goalie and gill for Ryane Clowe 3.6mil and 1pick

then trade for or sign another winger...(raffi torres-3.5 mil)

i also think we should sign Brian McGrattan and Arron Asham

Cammy - sharp - Torres

Gionta - Gomez -clowe

Moen - Moore - Asham

White- laps - Pyatt

McGrattan,

Edited by KEEP26

Cammy - Marleau - Frolov

Moen - Moore - Laps

MaxPac - White - Pyatt

Markov - Gorges

Spacek - Subban

OByrne - Emelin

Price or Halak

Sign Marleau and Frolov.

ReSign Moore.

Buy out Hammer.

I'd be quite curious as to how you'd fit that all under the cap. Forwards alone would approach $40 million, defence about $15 including Hamrlik's buyout cost (Emelin would need a lot of money to illegally void his contract), and say Halak's the goalie, there's another 3-4 right there. No backup G, no 7th D, and no 13th F and already it's over the cap. There is no way the Habs have the cap space to sign both Marleau and Frolov; heck, given the situation, I'm not sure they could sign either one unless Hamrlik actually was bought out. Also, what happens to the Kostitsyn's and Pouliot in that scenario? I don't see all 3 just disappearing.

i dont see how we could sign the guys u what...Marleau looking for 6-7mil, frolov is looking for5-6 mil, carter is 5 mil..plus we got to sign moore,halak,pyatt,laps,emelin..

i would trade for Patrick Sharp 3.9 mil for 1pick and sk.....

trade a goalie and gill for Ryane Clowe 3.6mil and 1pick

then trade for or sign aother winger...(raffi torres-3.5 mil)

i also think we should sign Brian McGrattan and Arron Asham

Cammy - sharp - Torres

Gionta - Gomez -clowe

Moen - Moore - Asham

White- laps - Pyatt

McGrattan,

Sharp I think is a realistic target, Sergei would a cheap player, that's doable. Don't see Gill being dealt though, but Clowe would be a nice pickup, agreed. Too much for Torres after his blowup in Buffalo, he may get that deal but it better not be with us at that money. McGrattan's days in the NHL are numbered, and besides, he's the type of player Martin doesn't seem to like. Asham would be nice, but he didn't leave the Habs on good terms, I'd like it if he came back but I wouldn't count on it.

Sharp I think is a realistic target, Sergei would a cheap player, that's doable. Don't see Gill being dealt though, but Clowe would be a nice pickup, agreed. Too much for Torres after his blowup in Buffalo, he may get that deal but it better not be with us at that money. McGrattan's days in the NHL are numbered, and besides, he's the type of player Martin doesn't seem to like. Asham would be nice, but he didn't leave the Habs on good terms, I'd like it if he came back but I wouldn't count on it.

Since Asham left, everyone has been turned over save Markov, including ownership (Plekanec had been drafted, but I don't think he was even signed yet, that came later that summer). So unless a 22/23 year old Markov was a prick to him, there should be no issues at all. I suppose the media is largely the same, but I don't think that was ever an issue with him.

I don't think the Hawks will deal Sharp, they'll start by burying Huet either in the AHL or Europe (I call it being 'Nylandered') and then trade maybe a Versteeg and Ladd (they have Skille on the NHL team next year, so he should replace Ladd, and they can get by with a Bickell type for Versteeg's spot, and Fraser for Madden). Then they can drop Sopel (should be tradeable after his playoffs, one year left on deal) and that should get them close enough where losing a guy like Sharp isn't a huge deal.

I don't think the Hawks will deal Sharp, they'll start by burying Huet either in the AHL or Europe (I call it being 'Nylandered') and then trade maybe a Versteeg and Ladd (they have Skille on the NHL team next year, so he should replace Ladd, and they can get by with a Bickell type for Versteeg's spot, and Fraser for Madden). Then they can drop Sopel (should be tradeable after his playoffs, one year left on deal) and that should get them close enough where losing a guy like Sharp isn't a huge deal.

Nice!

That's definitely an option in my opinion. The Hawks are even up against the cap even more next year, as reports state that Toews' $1.3M bonus for winning the Conn Smythe is to count against next year's cap.

http://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie/status/15871135386