Habs facing Huge summer

Wamsley01

Well Chicago will be selling some of their players so i'm sure we could pick someone up there.

Nittymaki wouldn't be a bad back-up if we end up needing him. I'm sure we could get him for cheap.

Free Agent List

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl-unr...ts-by-position/

Edited by Habsfan84

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Chicago will be selling some of their players so i'm sure we could pick someone up there.

Nittymaki wouldn't be a bad back-up if we end up needing him. I'm sure we could get him for cheap.

Free Agent List

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl-unr...ts-by-position/

Wow I didn't realize Raycroft only made 500 000 last year. That would be great value for a back-up of his caliber.

Edited by JacksonJ

If I were GM, this is what my opening day lineup would be (assuming trades are made like in xbox nhl10)

Cammalleri Gomez Gionta

Pouliot Marleau Versteeg

Moen Lapierre Metropolit

Pyatt Moore Maxwell

Markov O'Byrne

Spacek Subban

Gill Gorges

Halak

Price

* Let Plekanec walk when he wants $5.5m per and sign Marleau for $6.5 or $7.0m

* Trade the Kostitsyns and a prospect for Versteeg and Sopel. Hawks get a bit of cap relief and we get a a scoring winger and a seventh defenseman.

* Buy out Hamrlik or bury him in minors to save cap space needed to sign above moves and RFA's.

Edited by illWill

Just a thought..don't take this TOO seriously.. bring Tanguay back to the Habs (he was not even bad for us), sign Matthew Lombardi (who is versatile), and possibly steal Kris Versteeg..... let Pleks walk and bring Emelin over....sign ONE goalie...I'm not ready to give up on Price yet; however Halak just stole the spotlight last season, respectfully and proved he can take this team far if they play in front of him. this lineup would certainly look much improved as opposed to last season

Gionta-Gomez-Versteeg

Tanguay-Lombardi-Cammy (the flame ghost line)

Moen-Lapierre-Pouliot (grit and scoring)

Pyatt-Moore/Metro-? (shut down)

Markov-Subban

O'byrne-Gorges

Emelin-Spacek

(Gill as 7th)

(buy out hammer)

Halak/Price-Desjardins

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Id like to see the same team (or at least as similar) for another year. Who knows? Maybe this seasons success and playing together for a year will make them a really strong force next year.

I don't want to see the same team, they barely snuck into the playoffs. I juries were a part of that. There were way too many passengers last year.

They caught a break playing against Pitt and Wash. the habs match up better against those teams then other teams. if they had the Flyers or Devils in the first round the would have been out in a hurry.

There are positions that need to be upgraded to be a solid contender.

If I were GM, this is what my opening day lineup would be (assuming trades are made like in xbox nhl10)

Cammalleri Gomez Gionta

Pouliot Marleau Versteeg

Moen Lapierre Metropolit

Pyatt Moore Maxwell

Markov O'Byrne

Spacek Subban

Gill Gorges

Halak

Price

* Let Plekanec walk when he wants $5.5m per and sign Marleau for $6.5 or $7.0m

* Trade the Kostitsyns and a prospect for Versteeg and Sopel. Hawks get a bit of cap relief and we get a a scoring winger and a seventh defenseman.

* Buy out Hamrlik or bury him in minors to save cap space needed to sign above moves and RFA's.

I really cant see us sign Marleau for 7 mil and i cant see chi taking the Kostitsyns maybe they take sk and our first pick..

I wonder what it take to get Versteeg and sharp..maybe sK , and 1st pick and 3rd pick...

then trade AK for a pick...

Edited by KEEP26

What's the situations with Sharp and Horton's contracts?

Sharp has two years left on a 4-year contract with a $3.9M cap hit.

Horton has 3 years left on a 6-year contract with a $4.0M cap hit.

Sharp has two years left on a 4-year contract with a $3.9M cap hit.

Horton has 3 years left on a 6-year contract with a $4.0M cap hit.

thats not 2 bad at all plexs 5.5mil and AK 3.25 ( 8.75 mil)or horton and sharp at 7.9

but i think the price for these guys might be to high...

thats not 2 bad at all plexs 5.5mil and AK 3.25 ( 8.75 mil)or horton and sharp at 7.9

but i think the price for these guys might be to high...

Yeh, if it was strictly money it'd be a no-brainer, but you have consider you'd be giving up picks and prospects to obtain those players.

Yeh, if it was strictly money it'd be a no-brainer, but you have consider you'd be giving up picks and prospects to obtain those players.

i agree but i like that their contract put us in the window to win with the core we have now and picks and prospects we must wait for 3-5 years and lose that window..

chi whats to dump cash so i think they take SK and a 1st pick for sharp

iam unsure what flo would like but maybe horton for AK, Desharnais, and a pick..

but like i said i like the window and these guys are young still so if i could make it happen, i would go for it..

the more i think about it the more i think we should say F**k this draft year and go hard with these picks to bring in young guy that we can win this year with in this window(sharp,horton, Versteeg ..ect) and sign a bunch of coll guys for the farm team and hope they workout...

Edited by KEEP26

Just a thought..don't take this TOO seriously.. bring Tanguay back to the Habs (he was not even bad for us), sign Matthew Lombardi (who is versatile), and possibly steal Kris Versteeg..... let Pleks walk and bring Emelin over....sign ONE goalie...I'm not ready to give up on Price yet; however Halak just stole the spotlight last season, respectfully and proved he can take this team far if they play in front of him. this lineup would certainly look much improved as opposed to last season

Gionta-Gomez-Versteeg

Tanguay-Lombardi-Cammy (the flame ghost line)

Moen-Lapierre-Pouliot (grit and scoring)

Pyatt-Moore/Metro-? (shut down)

Markov-Subban

O'byrne-Gorges

Emelin-Spacek

(Gill as 7th)

(buy out hammer)

Halak/Price-Desjardins

I actually kinda like your crazy solution in the top-6 - interesting thinking there - but Emelin isn't coming, so this won't work on the back end. (Also, Spacek is our #3 on D). In any case, these sorts of speculative posts can be fun, but they don't have anything to do with reality, so while it's amusing to contemplate, I doubt our future looks anything like this. ^_^

I actually kinda like your crazy solution in the top-6 - interesting thinking there - but Emelin isn't coming, so this won't work on the back end. (Also, Spacek is our #3 on D). In any case, these sorts of speculative posts can be fun, but they don't have anything to do with reality, so while it's amusing to contemplate, I doubt our future looks anything like this. ^_^

Since Emelin is not coming...I think Weber could crack the lineup and develop. I am not a fan of Hamrlik whatsoever...his lack of speed cost us a ton of shorthanded goals against and blown PP opportunities in the games leading up to the post-season and in it.

Up front, you have to admit it does look pretty spiffy, one can only hope that our lineup looks relatively close to this.

Ok first moves are made, so know where is the beef ?

Plenty of offensive minded small players to trade in exchange of NHL ready beef, no smurf.

Offensive Trade baits for minor trades : Desharnais, Trotter, Weber, Sergei K, Andrei K and Maxwell.

Trotter and Desharnais will have no chance to make the team considered the small top 9 in hand.

But they had a great season in Hamilton, Boucher has Yzerman hear and Tampa will built for offense.

Weber is still considered in our top 5 prospect but i do not see where he'll fit considered Subban blossom.

K bro are interesting trade baits and especially Andrei can relieve us on the cap to get a bigger fish.

Maxwell for a secound round pick would be fair, he has excellent hockey sense, good speed, but no finish and no grit.

I would see a big center with no hands for a crash and bang line of Moen-White and a center not Lapierre.

Lapierre i would see with Moore and Pyatt as a speedy , light checking line.

Check the homepage in the left side corner for one of dlbalr's a hilarious find.. Laraque received a vote for the Lady Bing ... Hahahaah

Who vote for that? Journalists? Must be a disgruntled Habs journalists haha, good one

Check the homepage in the left side corner for one of dlbalr's a hilarious find.. Laraque received a vote for the Lady Bing ... Hahahaah

Who vote for that? Journalists? Must be a disgruntled Habs journalists haha, good one

Jack Todd?? :lol:

From what I can see, we may have room to sign a 3 million dollar player without losing Hamrlik or Andrei Kostitsyn.

Lombardi? Armstrong? ...Ponikarovsky?

If we get rid of one of those other two, we can bring in Frolov, who's my favourite and rumor is that we are his #1 choice on the market. If only we had a bit more cap room and could just add him to our line up as is!

Gauthier said he was willing to move pieces around the open up cap space. Good news. Cam-Plek-Frolov would make me so happy.

All 3 of those players are fine choices, but if Moore is gone we need a defensive centre that wins faceoffs. Eric Belanger and Manny Malhotra are the top guys in that department available.

All 3 of those players are fine choices, but if Moore is gone we need a defensive centre that wins faceoffs. Eric Belanger and Manny Malhotra are the top guys in that department available.

I don't know about face-offs but isn't Lombardi a Moore-type player (slight upgrade). He seems like he could either make a great 3rd line center (bumping Eller to the wing) or he could play the wing in the top 6 himself.

And I heard (not a legitimate source - a guy heard from a family member) that Lombardi would like to play here. He is a Montrealer after all.