Boucher

JacksonJ

Can't remember where I saw it but someone made an interesting argument for Muller and Boucher swapping jobs next year. Muller wants head coaching experience, and boucher would get NHL experience and could even set up some sort of an agreement where he transitions to the HC over time, as Martin transitions to the management side.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember where I saw it but someone made an interesting argument for Muller and Boucher swapping jobs next year. Muller wants head coaching experience, and boucher would get NHL experience and could even set up some sort of an agreement where he transitions to the HC over time, as Martin transitions to the management side.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=323784

Bob McKenzie suggested this.

I would love to see Boucher apprentice under Martin with him eventually being the successor.

I would love to see Boucher apprentice under Martin with him eventually being the successor.

I'd love to see that happening, but I just don't see it as a realistic possibility. But who knows?

I'd love to see that happening, but I just don't see it as a realistic possibility. But who knows?

There may very well be an opening that Boucher could fill before long, speculation has it that Perry Pearn is set to resign and go to Edmonton - there's conflicting reports as to whether it's to the Oilers or to the Oil Kings - I think he'll wind up with the latter myself.

It does seem like a very sensible option. Boucher wins by garnering NHL experience and drawing whatever wisdom he can from one of the most experienced coaches in the game, as well as by not having to face a veteran line-up as a raw rookie head coach. Martin gets the benefit of whichever of Boucher's innovative ideas he chooses to implement. The only downside I can see is that there might be too strong egos clashing behind the bench. But surely Boucher has been an assistant before...

This is the sort of succession planning that seemed to distinguish the Habs of the 60s and 70s. Whether it'll happen, let alone work, who knows.

This tweet is on the globe and mail site quoted by James Mirtle :clap:

I applaud his balls...

And his brains. With Howson's future far from stable, Tampa Bay is a much better fit :puke: