Halak traded to the St. Louis Blues

Easy Ryder

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw that! I can't say I didn't see it coming. With the money he would demand, it wasn't worth signing him in the cap era. Who'd we get, who'd we get? I hope Backes

Edited by BCHabnut

I just read it on RDS.ca. We still don't know who the habs are getting.

Like I said a few weeks ago, I was almost sure the Habs were gonna trade Halak, I just didn't expect it to be this soon. I was sure they would trade him in november or december!

I just read it on RDS.ca. We still don't know who the habs are getting.

Like I said a few weeks ago, I was almost sure the Habs were gonna trade Halak, I just didn't expect it to be this soon. I was sure they would trade him in november or december!

I would wager that there are 2010 draft picks in this deal.

It was written in the sky. I hope the return is solid though.

Thanks for the wonderful playoffs run Jaroslav.

:clap::clap::clap: @ Gauthier !!!

Don't clap too soon. What if it's Dagostini and a 3rd rounder hahahaha

hockeysfuture has Eller as the #2 prospect in the Blues system, behind Alex Pietrangelo. Playmaking, two-way centre. Schultz is rate #17, projects as a power forward, physical grinder player.

I just looked these guys up^and neither of them has any NHL experience!! This is not looking good right now!

I guess Gauthier was expecting losing him. And I guess those 2 forwards might be better than the 2nd round pick Halak was worth back in January. Eller was the 13th overall pick in the '07 draft.

Still, sorry to see the man who gave us so great moments just a couple weeks ago now leave.

Thank you Jaro and good luck with that new deal.

Two things from my POV:

1) Great move trading him at his high-water mark, he may never play like he did in the playoffs again for any other team but at least you got what you could out of the guy

2) Think of ALL of the pressure this is going to bring down on Jesus Price. He already had to sit on the bench and watch someone else do exactly what he was thought to do in MTL in the playoffs, watch the NHL commercials for the other guy, and now with all of that expectation shipped off to STL he owns this baby.

Good luck Carey, you are certainly going to need every bit of it this coming season .... I can't think of a worse situation to be put into as a tender. This will either fortify his resolve and bring out his best, or it will absolutely cripple him and he'll be the next MTL goalie cast-off.

Eller is suppose to be a good prospect and is probably NHL ready. If i remeber correctly i beleive he is not a smurf.

I'll take a goon for the 4th line, size and toughness is still a need for the habs.

The kosty bros are next. 2 for 1 for Horton.

Damn, this better not be just for draft picks :angry: The Blue's pick high enough to make a deal for picks. I don't see what the hurry was - don't know who we got back yet, but I'm not feeling very optiimistic - I really don't see anyone on their roster i'd want for Halak. Backes is a 26 year old who has scored 31 goals 2 years ago, but has never scored even 20 goals any other year.

Seems like a rushed deal - most teams maximize value by makding deals at the draft. Unless we moved other salary (i.e. hamrlik, gomez) along with Halak to pick up more young talent (erik Johnson) AND picks along with the associated cap relief, I doubt i'm going to be happy with this deal.

I will say it is a ballsy move by Gauthier given Halak's current popularity, depending on who we are getting back, I've got a feeling it will be the wrong deal.

unless there is other salary being moved along with Halak for a lot more, I doubt if we the deal is going to benefit us. :angry: