2010 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

A pair on this Saturday afternoon for you:

Philly gets the rights to D Dan Hamhuis and a conditional 2011 pick from Nashville in exchange for Ryan Parent, a former Nashville 1st rounder.

Also, New Jersey re-acquires F Jason Arnott from the Preds for RW Matt Halischuk and their 2011 2nd rounder.

I like the first deal for Nashville (Hamhuis wasn't coming back, may as well get an NHL'er back for him), but not the 2nd. Arnott may be old but he was their captain; Halischuk's a nice piece but probably only a 3rd liner down the road. I'm also not a fan of the Devils getting better...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Florida Panthers have parted ways with Nathan Horton, sending the forward to the Boston Bruins.

Horton along with forward Gregory Campbell are leaving Florida, while defenceman Dennis Wideman, the 15th overall pick in this year's NHL Entry Draft and another draft pick are heading to Florida

............From TSN

The Florida Panthers have parted ways with Nathan Horton, sending the forward to the Boston Bruins.

Horton along with forward Gregory Campbell are leaving Florida, while defenceman Dennis Wideman, the 15th overall pick in this year's NHL Entry Draft and another draft pick are heading to Florida

............From TSN

BOOOOOOOOO!

NOOOOO! I wanted Horton so bad... And BOSTON?? They are going to be so dirty next year...

By the looks of it, to get him we would of had to pay for it, so i'm happy we didnt go and get him.

NOOOOO! I wanted Horton so bad... And BOSTON?? They are going to be so dirty next year...

Am I the only one that thinks that Horton and Lucic kinda look alike with a helmet on... ugly as sin?

Argh! Nice moves by Boston, swapping Kessel for Horton and ending up with the #2 draft pick.

I have no problem having small skilled forwards on the top lines, but we've got to beef up our 3rd and 4th line.

BLACKHAWKS IN PROCESS OF TRADING BYFUGLIEN TO THRASHERS

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325488

Byfuglien, along with Brent Sopel, Ben Eager and Akim Aliu, will be headed to Atlanta in exchange for the 24th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the 54th pick, Marty Reasoner and Jeremy Morin.

I think the Thrashers win out on this trade.

The Dan Hamhuis era in Philly has come to a crashing halt as he's now been dealt to Pittsburgh for their 3rd rounder next year.

The 2 interesting trades from last night:

- Ballard and Oreskovich to Vancouver for Grabner, Bernier, and #25 OA (Howden) - big fan of this for Florida, they improve their depth in a few spots which is critical to be competitive with a cap floor team. Vancouver gets the best player, but quite costly.

- Rundblad to OTT for Pick 16 (Tarasenko) - I like this for the Sens sadly, they needed D and Rundblad was better than most, if not all of the d-men on the board. At 19, he's also closer to helping Ottawa out, that's no good either.

Here's a fun one: Edmonton trades Patrick O'Sullivan to Phoenix for Jim Vandermeer...both players are then bought out. Edmonton pays more money in the end but saves cap space this year.

9 entries now

less than 3 hours before July 1st!

Well that should guarantee me a Top 10 finish? ^_^