2010 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, good trade by the Leafs. Makes me wonder if we could have had him...

I think both sides do well here. Versteeg is clearly the better player now, but who knows how he will perform when he isn't 8-9 on the depth chart and more is expected of him. From what I've seen of Stalberg, I'm inclined to think he'll have a bigger impact than Versteeg in the long run.

Predators sign Matthew Lombardi. Damn.

edit: 3 years x 3.5M

Edited by BTH

Kovalchuk is making a decision today.

Zherdev negotiating with Buffalo and Boston.

Nabokov negotiating with SKA of the KHL.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone please give me other reasons regarding...

why is it that its been well over a year now that the Flyers have been trying to trade Simon Gagné?

potentially other reasons that don't lead to the conclusion that Gagné is never gonna be 100% healthy

For a while it was Briere they were trying to get rid of... now its Gagné as if he had the plague

Wild sign Koivu for 7 years, 47.25M. That's quite a bit of cash for an under 1 point-per-game player.

I guess they don't want to lose another elite player. I think Mikko's the real deal though, and what he might not bring offensively, he does with his great 2-way play.

I guess they don't want to lose another elite player. I think Mikko's the real deal though, and what he might not bring offensively, he does with his great 2-way play.

Yep. The only caveat is that he might have already had his best year as a NHL player before this deal even kicks in... and they haven't even been close to a contender with him at age 25-27.

I do agree that he's a top 20 NHL player for the all around game he brings. The only difference between him and Zetterberg is the team they play with.

Yep - done deal now: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=327890

Not a bad deal for both sides, Philly gets cap space and Tampa improves their top-6 considerably.

At first I read that in reverse... I thought you were insane for thinking Walker somehow considerably improved Pronger, Timmonen, Carle, Coburn, Mezaros, O'Donnell and Bartulis.

The Flyers just took on $5.7m for the next 3 years on two Tampa Bay defensemen. They're never going to get out of cap problems, are they? :lol:

Stevie Y just opened a ton of cap space for 2011-12 and beyond... precisely the starting point of Stamkos' next deal.

Brisebois, the capologist... :)

He wasn't there for the Mezaros trade... let's not go overboard on the work he did. Stevie Y is a smart man in his own right: first thing he did as GM is make sure Stamkos can be on his team for a long time.

I think TB is going to be in the position to fight for a playoff spot this year. I'm impressed thus far.

He wasn't there for the Mezaros trade... let's not go overboard on the work he did. Stevie Y is a smart man in his own right: first thing he did as GM is make sure Stamkos can be on his team for a long time.

Well, I wasn't really serious. Brisebois has only been there a week or so. Just a little tongue-in-cheek lamenting the loss of an asset.