Koivu back with the Habs?!

blaze53

Saku Koivu Back With The Red, White n Blue  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see him back with the Habs next season?

• Yes
    • No

If Koivu is willing to sign dirt-cheap AND willing to be a polyvalent player, deployed at C or the wings as needed, then I certainly would take him back. I could see Koivu in that specific role being a really useful jack-of-all-trades type - offering secondary scoring from the wing in the top-6, excellent 3rd-4th line work, stepping up as 2nd-line C in the event of injuries, etc.. However, given our tight cap situation and the unlikelihood of his accepting the terms I just outlined, I'd say there's about a 1% chance of this happening.

Most likely one of the many reasons Moore hasnt been offered a contract yet... I can see Moore being ok with the same pay check as long as it is for 2+ seasons.

Koivu coming back would be a publicity stunt in its own right. Also I would believe the Habs require at least 3mil available come July 1st, if July 1st has any meaning to them what so ever. So I can see the Habs being very quick about things when Free agency is officially on. My prediction is if we don't hear about player signings within the first hour then expect trades to happen and escalating to one or two favorable signings.

all in all remember, Montreal has reached its highest (most likeable place to play) in the last 17+ years... Trust the Habs

Go Habs go!!