JoeLassister

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we can say goodbye to Moore.

Boyd Is RFA July 1

Ellis UFA July 1

So basically if neither signed, SK was just dumped for 0, but frees up some cap space and problem ridden of :)

PRICE will be signed in the 2.5 mill to 3 mill. RUMBLINGS out west here of him wanting to be out west, dont know if any truth to it, but what I hear from the community of some hockey people..

Holy crap. Assuming Ellis signs, this is highway robbery. We get a quality #1A netminder with potential - very promising insurance policy should Price falter and a heartening sign that they're not just giving Price the keys to the store without any safety net (if I can mix my metaphors) - AND a young and presumably cheap C with some quality NHL experience. All in return for one of the worst team players I have ever seen on the Montreal Canadiens.

:clap: Gauthier da man! IF Ellis signs.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Anybody know Boyd's faceoff %?

I hear he plays with some sandpaper. Untapped potential. Etc. Sign him and Ellis and that's a great trade.

Interesting to see if Andrei picks it up with his snot-faced brother off the scene.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Anybody know Boyd's faceoff %?

61% in the regular season, 57% in the playoffs.\

Edit: sorry those are just his road percentages, his home regular season is 56%, and home playoff is 56%.

Edited by JacksonJ

61% in the regular season, 57% in the playoffs.

Awww YEAH :hlogo: This looks better by the minute.

Even though it's a minor trade, I'm disproportionately happy because it's been so long since we can look at a trade straight up and say it's obviously a winner. Pending all the required signings, this deal is obviously a winner. A very typical Gauthier-type deal: small but significant improvement.

Boyd was not qualified. Both players will be UFA in 36 hours.

Potentially a very good move. Boyd will come cheaper than Moore and Ellis is a good guy to platoon with Price supposed to have an amazing attitude but wants to be a starter so he may not sign.

"Very excited about the trade! Its an honor to be part of a team with such great tradition and passion! Hope we can figure something out!" - Ellis

http://twitter.com/dellis39

There's supposed to be a bit more coming in this trade. Both sides are giving future considerations, maybe pending on who gets signed.

Price ain't getting $2.5-$3m unless he's signed long term. If he's signed short term, it'll be for under $2m.

Ellis is the prize of the 1A goalies hitting the market. He could wait until July 1 and have San Jose and Philly competing for his services.

Boyd is a great faceoff man. Teammate of Pyatt and Pouliot on 2006 WJC team (of course, Chipchura was the captain). Now they could be our 3rd line.

I have a feeling both with sign here, because of my belief that Montreal has now (quietly) become a premium UFA destination - a place that players want to play and a place where they believe they can have success. Ellis's tweet is a heartening sign. We'll soon see if this little theory holds up. ^_^

Price ain't getting $2.5-$3m unless he's signed long term. If he's signed short term, it'll be for under $2m.

Ellis is the prize of the 1A goalies hitting the market. He could wait until July 1 and have San Jose and Philly competing for his services.

Boyd is a great faceoff man. Teammate of Pyatt and Pouliot on 2006 WJC team (of course, Chipchura was the captain). Now they could be our 3rd line.

What I like is that if we can get Ellis signed, Price doesn't have as much negotiating power! Ellis is pretty good.

You never know, with SK out, his bro may be less distracted!

I have a feeling both with sign here, because of my belief that Montreal has now (quietly) become a premium UFA destination - a place that players want to play and a place where they believe they can have success. Ellis's tweet is a heartening sign. We'll soon see if this little theory holds up. ^_^

Our deep playoff run will probably fuel that. I really think Frolov (and maybe Lombardi) want to come here but I don't know if Gauthier will jump on him.

Can anyone guess what Ellis will want? 2.5 million per year x 3 years?

who's up for another goalie contraversy??? hahahahha. this is too funny

Our deep playoff run will probably fuel that. I really think Frolov (and maybe Lombardi) want to come here but I don't know if Gauthier will jump on him.

Can anyone guess what Ellis will want? 2.5 million per year x 3 years?

Gauthier needs to get Price signed before Ellis becomes UFA. He holds the cards now! Then if Ellis can't be signed, he worked as leverage in negotiations, we ditched Sergei, and added some sandpaper to the lineup in Boyd!

Good riddance. Even if both players walk, I'm happy. If both Ellis and Boyd sign for reasonable amounts, Gauthier will have really impressed me.

The future considerations are this:

"A fifth-round conditional pick in the 2012 Entry Draft could also be transferred from one team to the other depending on whether each player signs with his new team or if his rights end up being traded."

It could easily be us getting the 5th.

Holy crap. Assuming Ellis signs, this is highway robbery. We get a quality #1A netminder with potential - very promising insurance policy should Price falter and a heartening sign that they're not just giving Price the keys to the store without any safety net (if I can mix my metaphors) - AND a young and presumably cheap C with some quality NHL experience. All in return for one of the worst team players I have ever seen on the Montreal Canadiens.

:clap: Gauthier da man! IF Ellis signs.

future considerations... remember future considerations... could be quite awefull for us if we sign both Ellis and Boyd... But Sergei decides he hates country music and flies East to the KHL...

Bouillon: "Welcome to Nashville buddy, sorry but expect to be sent down and suspended by the GM on a regular basis here too"

LOL! Awesome deal if Ellis signs with the Habbies.

Awww YEAH :hlogo: This looks better by the minute.

Even though it's a minor trade, I'm disproportionately happy because it's been so long since we can look at a trade straight up and say it's obviously a winner. Pending all the required signings, this deal is obviously a winner. A very typical Gauthier-type deal: small but significant improvement.

I'm not so sure we won this trade. Lots of people are down are Sergei but I still think he is the probably the best player among the three. Martin doesn't like him and handled him badly so I guess we had to get rid of him. But I think it will take two years before we know whether we got the short end of the stick on this deal.