Auld to Montreal

ForumGhost

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biron signed for 2 years, Auld is 1 year. That is not brutal.

Leafs got Armstrong good move by them.

the Habs need to get 1 more big physical guy, Torres is still out there.

Auld???? You gotta be friggin kidding me :wacko: Price BETTER be ready and up to the challenge this year!!

SK deal is even looking better now :angry::wacko:

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Well... I guess another hometown boy in Biron didn't want to play here...

It's funny, the team is almost forced to not sign local guys. Just to avoid the media garbage.

Ellis signed in Tampa Bay..

Ellis and Smith together again.

Not sure about the Habs signing of Auld. I would of liked a stronger back-up who I could rely on.

Edited by Habsfan84

It's funny, the team is almost forced to not sign local guys. Just to avoid the media garbage.

Appears that Habs didn't even have any interest in Biron after all. No offer at all Biron said.

I'm happy with Auld as a true #2. No more controversy around goalies.

In a way, it's probably better that the Habs did not sign Biron (or Lalime, Theodore, etc.) If Price has a bad game or two, heck even a bad period or two, then the francophone media will be calling for the backup ASAP. We, as Habs fans, have to be patient with Price, to let him rise up to this challenge.

Maybe having another Western-Canadian goalie will be a good thing for Price, as both a veteran mentor and a possible country music-lover to vie for control of the locker room stereo. :-)

Ellis at 3 millions for 2 years :puke:

I do no give a *hi* about goalie contraversy i want WINS.

Auld is a goalie i always looked down to and say hey we have a chance to win tonight.

Now it's the other way.

Pittsburg just got way better today, they have the best catch out there with Paul Martin.

He will give them way more than Gonchar use to give them.

TSN leafs lovers crew are dripping on the floor with Colby Armstrong.

I give them one thing Versteeg + Armstrong in a line up is fresh air and hard work.

Sens are a bit better too.

Anyway still some good catches to be made there or the other eastern teams will catch up to

our 8th conference spot.

Who seriously expected Ellis to sign here?

He clearly wanted to be number 1

So why did PG get him for SK?

Because he didnt want to look as bad as BG when he traded Ribeiro for nothing

Ellis at 3 millions for 2 years :puke:

I do no give a *hi* about goalie contraversy i want WINS.

Auld is a goalie i always looked down to and say hey we have a chance to win tonight.

Now it's the other way.

Pittsburg just got way better today, they have the best catch out there with Paul Martin.

He will give them way more than Gonchar use to give them.

TSN leafs lovers crew are dripping on the floor with Colby Armstrong.

I give them one thing Versteeg + Armstrong in a line up is fresh air and hard work.

Sens are a bit better too.

Anyway still some good catches to be made there or the other eastern teams will catch up to

our 8th conference spot.

But apart from Ellis, all of these are players we knew we weren't going to get. I think it's one of Lombardi and Frolov for us.

Eklund says we'd dump Hammer in the minors for Volchenkov but what does he know?

Who seriously expected Ellis to sign here?

He clearly wanted to be number 1

So why did PG get him for SK?

Because he didnt want to look as bad as BG when he traded Ribeiro for nothing

Ellis said he was okay with being in a complimentary role and how does he have a better chance being #1 playing with Mike Smith than he would be with Carey Price? I'm not sure why we didn't match or (if we did match it then) outdo the offer he signed. Maybe we only wanted a back up on a one-year deal?

Ellis said he was okay with being in a complimentary role and how does he have a better chance being #1 playing with Mike Smith than he would be with Carey Price? I'm not sure why we didn't match or (if we did match it then) outdo the offer he signed. Maybe we only wanted a back up on a one-year deal?

Because we have no cap space. Wow, we replaced Halak, who just helped provide us with a great spring, with Alex Auld.

Because we have no cap space. Wow, we replaced Halak, who just helped provide us with a great spring, with Alex Auld.

We have the cap space to give that extra 500K.

well not signing ellis we save 500 000 and gets more in future considerations i would think??

well not signing ellis we save 500 000 and gets more in future considerations i would think??

Yeah, but why does it matter that we save 500K unless we still plan on making another move? I still think we're in the running for Frolov, Lombardi, Moore. Maybe Kariya if he's willing to play in a big hockey city.

Yeah, but why does it matter that we save 500K unless we still plan on making another move? I still think we're in the running for Frolov, Lombardi, Moore. Maybe Kariya if he's willing to play in a big hockey city.

because really we saved 1 mil over 2 years....and gets future considerations..price is the #1 guy so iam glad we saved that money...I aslo think we are going for Frolov..but i got this werid feeling that we offer a long term deal to Ilya Kovalchuk

because really we saved 1 mil over 2 years....and gets future considerations..price is the #1 guy so iam glad we saved that money...I aslo think we are going for Frolov..but i got this werid feeling that we offer a long term deal to Ilya Kovalchuk

But I don't see how we could afford Kovy.. we'd have to lose Hamrlik for nothing. I really feel like we're going to sign Frolov even though we'll have trouble fitting him under the cap. It's just a feeling I've had for the past week. I can sense his presence drawing nearer. lol