Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

I have sympathy but only so much.

We all know how diligent and rigorous the NHL and the teams are on educating the rookie palyers on "what not to do" in the media and within their lives. For years back in the 60's and 70's they were advised to avoid one night stands because there are certain women out there who would exploit with blackmail etc.

Did Tlusty miss these sessions? What was he thinking? There is nothing wrong with what he did but when you are in the public spotlight, right and wrong don't always factor in. His life style decisions are his to make and he has that right but he also has an obligation to the Leafs and the NHL.

He sent the pictures while he was in junior he might not have had that available to him yet.

I listened to some of the game on leefs radio. I heard Maurice in the post game interview. He said how he'll try to utilize Stralman more to get the puck out. He also said that isn't enough and the whole D and unit needs a better effort.

So I interpret that as meaning Stralman will play for 60 minutes with various partners and the rest of the D (what D? :lol: ) will have to improve. It will do so in spite of the aggressive forecheck system happening simultaneously. :lol:

Boy are the leafs in some dire straits or what, unfortunately for them it's money for nothing, but no cups for free. Whipped 5-2 by the trapping bruins, now they've got a tilt against the sens on saturday night (so by default, a blowout loss). Things are gonna get ugly in hoser-land.

After every leafs loss I like to check out http://forums.sportsnet.ca/forum.jspa?forumID=64&start=0, these leafs fans are a barrel of laffs. It's a complete spin zone there (and makes you happy that these habsworld forums are by contrast an island of sanity and relative sports knowledge).

Thats gonna be great for future hockey fans reading the Official Guide And Record Book

*reads* Rask's first career win came against the Toronto Maple Leafs

*looks up*

Drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs

huh?

:lol:

and in 20 years our kids will say: who the hell's raycroft ??

And to top it all off they, they lost to Rask in his NHL debut. :clap:

It would really give me great pleasure to see them realize that they made a big mistake with Racroft (but they probly didn't). JFJ should have been fired immediatly after the game.(although I am glad he wasn't cause now he can continue to help the leaves a suck for a while yet)

I didn't watch the game (cause that would be blaphemous), so I don't even know how well Rask played, but it doesn't matter, because leaves lost and thats what is really important.

I don't think it is possible to put into words how much I dislike the Leaf Organization. They are the antithesis of everything I like about hockey (the Habs). They are the Yankees to my Red Socks, the Lakers to my Celtics, Islam to Christianity (not that I have a problem with either, I'm Buddistish), the China to my tibet.

But most importantly they are the "Flagship Franchize" in the NHL, this really burns my ass. I am subjected to them on CBC, Sportsnet, and TSN (occationally). I am in the Leaf bible belt of Ontario (Niagara) so therefore most of my friends are Leaf fans. I realize that they can't help it, they have succumed to the willfully unjust media propagation of Corporate Southern Ontario, but that doesn't make them any less anoying when they talk about how good a defenceman Kubina is, or how Antropov is finally going to get the recognition he deserves. Sorry to burst your bubble but he already has, he stinks.

where was I.....

oh yeah Leaves lost. GO HABS GO

Edited by Davehab

And to top it all off they, they lost to Rask in his NHL debut. :clap:

It would really give me great pleasure to see them realize that they made a big mistake with Racroft (but they probly didn't). JFJ should have been fired immediatly after the game.(although I am glad he wasn't cause now he can continue to help the leaves a suck for a while yet)

I didn't watch the game (cause that would be blaphemous), so I don't even know how well Rask played, but it doesn't matter, because leaves lost and thats what is really important.

I don't think it is possible to put into words how much I dislike the Leaf Organization. They are the antithesis of everything I like about hockey (the Habs). They are the Yankees to my Red Socks, the Lakers to my Celtics, Islam to Christianity (not that I have a problem with either, I'm Buddistish), the China to my tibet.

But most importantly they are the "Flagship Franchize" in the NHL, this really burns my ass. I am subjected to them on CBC, Sportsnet, and TSN (occationally). I am in the Leaf bible belt of Ontario (Niagara) so therefore most of my friends are Leaf fans. I realize that they can't help it, they have succumed to the willfully unjust media propagation of Corporate Southern Ontario, but that doesn't make them any less anoying when they talk about how good a defenceman Kubina is, or how Antropov is finally going to get the recognition he deserves. Sorry to burst your bubble but he already has, he stinks.

where was I.....

oh yeah Leaves lost. GO HABS GO

I was amazed at the trade at the time, I am amazed at that trade today. When a team looks to unload a rookie of the year 1 year after he won it...it probably should raise some red flags.

I love the fact that JFJ traded Raask and another first rounder for a tandem of Toskala/Raycroft signed them to long term deals and then watched Phoenix pick up Bryzgalov for nothing.

Beautiful. Now if only the Leafs can get hot enough to sneak in to 8th by a point assuring JFJ of a contract extension the world will be perfect.

But most importantly they are the "Flagship Franchize" in the NHL, this really burns my ass. I am subjected to them on CBC, Sportsnet, and TSN (occationally). I am in the Leaf bible belt of Ontario (Niagara)

You should call your cable provider and ask how much it would cost you to add RDS to your package. In most cases you'Re looking at about 3$ per month. To be able to see all 82 Habs games(plus ALL Playoff games) i think its worth it? No? Plus you'll get to practice your french! ;):clap: :ghg: :que: :D

It is nce to see the leaves lose, but it still doesn'T make me happier than when our boys WIN!!!

It is always hard for me to figure out who I hate more the leaves or the broons. Due to the shootout I can't even cheer for a tie :wall: Oh well on the other hand whoever loses makes me happy and seeing the leaves humiliated by a guy they traded away is very special :P

and in 20 years our kids will say: who the hell's raycroft ??

Ah, yes, forgot about that one.

I'm surprised JFJ has managed to hang onto his job for as long as he has actually. I guess it all works into the fact the owners don't care about having a winning team though.

I'll never understand the Rask/Raycroft move. The 2006 World Juniors had Rask as the tourney MVP. Then there was Pogge playing for Canada at the other end. JFJ is interviewed and he states how blessed the Leafs are to have 2 solid prospects in one game. What does he do 6 months later? He trades Rask for Raycroft. Raycroft; Boston's 3rd goalie in their rotation. Raycroft; Boston fodder! :blink:

My opinion at the time and it's the same now was to hold on to the goalie asset in Rask and evaluate him. Trade him or Pogge later (way later) after both have been evaluated and you deem who is best. As a matter of fact, a goalie like Rask and his stock would continue to rise over time. What I mean is; I bet the B's could get more than a "Raycroft" now.

As it turns out, it looks like Rask looks quite bona-fide and where's Pogge? Pogge is still with the Marlies and Clemmenson is putting up better numbers. They're probably going to ruin Pogge. :wacko:

I'll never understand the Rask/Raycroft move. The 2006 World Juniors had Rask as the tourney MVP. Then there was Pogge playing for Canada at the other end. JFJ is interviewed and he states how blessed the Leafs are to have 2 solid prospects in one game. What does he do 6 months later? He trades Rask for Raycroft. Raycroft; Boston's 3rd goalie in their rotation. Raycroft; Boston fodder! :blink:

My opinion at the time and it's the same now was to hold on to the goalie asset in Rask and evaluate him. Trade him or Pogge later (way later) after both have been evaluated and you deem who is best. As a matter of fact, a goalie like Rask and his stock would continue to rise over time. What I mean is; I bet the B's could get more than a "Raycroft" now.

As it turns out, it looks like Rask looks quite bona-fide and where's Pogge? Pogge is still with the Marlies and Clemmenson is putting up better numbers. They're probably going to ruin Pogge. :wacko:

They are playing Clemmenson more than Pogge!!! I find this unbelievable and nobody is saying anything about it.

Could you imagine if the Habs acquired Kevin Weekes and played him 60% of the time over Carey Price in the minors?

I think they are caught up in their 11-2 start. Just more proof that the Leafs are a stupid organization.

http://www.torontomarlies.com/team/IndividualStatistics.asp

30 Scott Clemmensen-----9GP 8W 2.78 / 0.895

1 Justin Pogge--------------6GP 3W 2.92 / 0.895

Here's one for you - Who was the last goalie the leefs drafted who was a true starter?

Yes, it's been that long

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien