Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

They have the OLDEST AHL team by far.

It's like Detroit in a way. :ninja:

Devils pitchfork playoff run- Toronto Star

While that would indicate it is time to start thinking of lottery ping-pong balls and the potential of getting Steve Stamkos in the June draft, the players, as they should, refused to concede anything. With a home-and-home series with Philadelphia starting Tuesday at the Air Canada Centre, the talk in the room was of how a sweep of those two games would get the team back in the hunt.

"Till it's over, we're not giving up," said defenceman Carlo Colaiacovo. "We're going to keep kicking," added McCabe, who was on the ice and culpable on both goals against last night.

AC's note: They still have hope and are providing hope for their fans. I think it's time for us Habs fans to point out to Leaf fans that - "You're DONE!"

:lol:

Devils pitchfork playoff run- Toronto Star

AC's note: They still have hope and are providing hope for their fans. I think it's time for us Habs fans to point out to Leaf fans that - "You're DONE!"

It's funny. 13th or 14th pick, here they come. I remember back in 06 when they had the 13th pick and stole Tlusty from us. Grabner's awesome though so who cares. ^_^

I just hope that doesn't happen again though. I'm hoping for the 15th pick. ^_^

It's funny. 13th or 14th pick, here they come. I remember back in 06 when they had the 13th pick and stole Tlusty from us. Grabner's awesome though so who cares. ^_^

I just hope that doesn't happen again though. I'm hoping for the 15th pick. ^_^

Tlusty is a bright spot in a pool that has Kulemin and maybe Mitchell. Tlusty was a good pick which disturbed me as was Kulemin but after that what do they have?

Tlusty is a bright spot in a pool that has Kulemin and maybe Mitchell. Tlusty was a good pick which disturbed me as was Kulemin but after that what do they have?

It's obvious their pool is weak but they're going to get better players sooner or later. This season who knows but they should still get a solid talent. It's only a matter of time which is unfortunate fo the rest of us. :lol:

All we can do is enjoy their pain for the time being. ;)

Btw, did you bring Tlusty back up because I said who cares and that I was happy with Grabby? :B)

Tlusty is only known for his picture posting talents. I have seen NOTHING that would rate him so high as members of this board do.

Poggie may be their diamond in the rough, not the stripper. :rolleyes:

Pogge is overrated. His statistics are marginally better than Scott Clemmenson

Pogge is overrated. His statistics are marginally better than Scott Clemmenson
Pogge, who is that?. Is he an NHL player somewhere? I remember a Pogge being dynamite for Team Canada but I'm not sure I know who this other guy is. I know some guy they got named Toskala. So, if there truly is a Pogge (if that's his real name.) why is he missing due to Toskala? They have some Raycroft guy who they are gonna dump. But, this mysterious Pogge guy ain't gonna have a chance on beating Toskala figuring what the leefs invested in Toskala.

Pogge? Who's that :blink:

You mean the great Kulemin, the guy who is behind the great Alexander Perezhogin in Russian League scoring?

They're done. I actually feel sorry for my Leaf buddy. Their winning is going to screw them once again.

Blake makes it 3-1. Don't mind the OT kenadian :)

Leafs are one of the best units right now in the NHL. They're on quite a roll right now BUT the reason that they are is due to their style. The Leafs go ALL OUT, AGGRESSIVELY FORECHECKING and sometimes over committing. They hit and pound the opposition and they just keep coming.

The only problem is the intensity is also very much the problem. Leefs cannot go gangbusters with this style for 82 games. Eventually they will get tired and drop some games and/or suffer injury. If the sum of the Loofs team from the goalie out was less imbalanced and improved - this wouldn't be the case.

Blake makes it 3-1. Don't mind the OT kenadian :)

Leafs are one of the best units right now in the NHL. They're on quite a roll right now BUT the reason that they are is due to their style. The Leafs go ALL OUT, AGGRESSIVELY FORECHECKING and sometimes over committing. They hit and pound the opposition and they just keep coming.

The only problem is the intensity is also very much the problem. Leefs cannot go gangbusters with this style for 82 games. Eventually they will get tired and drop some games and/or suffer injury. If the sum of the Loofs team from the goalie out was less imbalanced and improved - this wouldn't be the case.

That game plan sounds very familiar..... well it used to be anyways.

Yea, that's going to be a huge problem most of the time. Their problem though is they always leave things too late. Now they're screwed and putting themselves... I don't think I need to say anymore.

If Toronto comes out with a win against Boston tomorrow night, and they still have that incredibly slim chance of making the playoffs, Montreal would be able to eliminate them on their home ice this Saturday!! How sweet would that be! Payback is a bitch