Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

Mike Komisarek and François Beauchemin have been either on the ice or in the box for every single one of the the Leafs' 10 GA in two games.

:lol:

So far Komi has 15 PIM and is on pace for over 600 if he keeps the pace up. :wacko:

Plus Komi's penalties has cost the Laffs 3 goals so far, and 2 Losses.

Beauchemin has been on the ice for 6 goals against so far.

Its funny, the Laffs really only needed 1 or the other, if either of them at all. Not both. Only 1 of them can be paired with Kaberle. :lol:

Leafs are really bad

They should think about relocating the franchise to Phoenix or Hamilton

Nah. Don't forget, they're supposed to fight for the 6th seed this season. They have one of the best defense in the league with an All-stars top 3 of Kaberle-Komisarek-Beauchemin. And Kessel will put up 40+ goals to prove that he really worths two 1rst and a 2nd pick.

:lol:

I almost, sorta, but not really feel sorry for Komisarek. He looks awful, a useless meat-head.

David Shoalts: " Neither Komisarek nor Beauchemin, the two expensive free agents on defence, have played anything like the players they were with the Montreal Canadiens or Anaheim Ducks, respectively. Then again, Komisarek is no longer playing with Andrei Markov and Beauchemin no longer finds himself beside either Scott Niedermayer or Chris Pronger." http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/tuck...article1322554/

Jeff Blair "Komisarek and François Beauchemin were major components of Burke’s off-season defensive airlift and the Avalanche walked around them with impunity.... " http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/plen...article1322569/

Yet, Bob is still getting bashed for losing these guys.

If he had re-signed Komi and Komi responded with a start like this what would people be posting on HW?

If he had re-signed Komi and Komi responded with a start like this what would people be posting on HW?

I imagine something like "Balls, the Habs are worst overall" :lol:

The Habs could be winless to if Komi hadnt left. The only positive difference would be that the Habs actually have their 1st rnd pick, unlike the Laffs. ^_^

The problem with Komi is he is OVER RATED by habs fans and people around the league. He really only had 1 good year.

Strengths: Blocking shots, physical play against the boards.

Weakness: No shot, can't pass, can't skate very well, never fights any actual fighters, and is prone to taking himself out of plays.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED, except now habs fans see him for who he is because he is a leaf now.

Whether it's the leafs or habs or anyone else, if a player becomes a UFA, some teams need to over pay since there is always a GM out there who will over pay for someone.

Weakness: No shot, can't pass, can't skate very well, never fights any actual fighters, and is prone to taking himself out of plays.

I'm going to disagree with you here, but in the end, the other weakness I'll point out will bring us to approximately even.

I think Komi has an excellent shot. I also think his first pass is, more often than not, tape to tape, and his skating for his size is, quite frankly, above average. However, Komi can't get off his good shot because he's doesn't know what it takes to get it to the net. We rarely see his first pass because he takes just too long on the puck and is required to chip it off the glass to get it out of the zone.

I believe Komi's biggest issue is and always has been between his ears. His hockey sense is below average. He has all the tools, he just can't put them together. He takes him self out of the play at exactly the wrong time, he doesn't react quickly enough to send off that crisp first pass, and he doesn't think to move even partially laterally at the point to get a shot through.

I still think Komi is a very solid defender, but he has to be insulated by a Markov-type guy to bring out the best in him. Had we kept him paired with Markov this season, I'm sure we'd all be happy enough - grumbling on occasion to be sure - but by and large more positive than negative. In TO, though, his lack of hockey sense has been badly exposed thus far because he doesn't have an elite defender on his side.

The problem with Komi is he is OVER RATED by habs fans and people around the league. He really only had 1 good year.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED, except now habs fans see him for who he is because he is a leaf now.

Whether it's the leafs or habs or anyone else, if a player becomes a UFA, some teams need to over pay since there is always a GM out there who will over pay for someone.

I agree, except for the never fights any actual fighters. That suggests that he fights non fighters, and all he really does is just push and shove people. :P

Its very rare that I've seen him throw an actual punch, all of his fights more resemble a wrastling match. In the Komi Moen wastle off Komi was lucky as hell that he was grabbing Moes arms so Moen couldnt get his arm free to throw a punch. Had Moen freed his arm I'm fairly sure that if he punched Komi once with a hard shot Komi would probably start crying. ^_^

My one buddy whos a Laff fan was impressed by that fight, and said Komi kicked Moes ass, and I'm pretty sure that I didnt see any punches thrown in that fight. Komi just pushed and shoved Moen and pinned his arms so Moen couldnt take a swing at him, and then Komi wrastled Moen to the ground before Moen could free his arms and kick Komis ass.

It was so funny, we were talking, and he was already thinking ahead aboot the Laffs 1st rnd draft position and that they'll at least get somebody good out of this season of suckage. He was so bummed when I reminded him Boston would be drafting somebody really good with their pick. :lol:

I also agree with Colins assessment. I think Komi primarily made the NHL because of his size, not his skill, and he probably has a between the ears issue. After all look where he signed because of the direction they were going. Usually players join teams that are heading up in the standings, not nose diving.

I agree, except for the never fights any actual fighters. That suggests that he fights non fighters, and all he really does is just push and shove people. :P

Its very rare that I've seen him throw an actual punch, all of his fights more resemble a wrastling match. In the Komi Moen wastle off Komi was lucky as hell that he was grabbing Moes arms so Moen couldnt get his arm free to throw a punch. Had Moen freed his arm I'm fairly sure that if he punched Komi once with a hard shot Komi would probably start crying. ^_^

My one buddy whos a Laff fan was impressed by that fight, and said Komi kicked Moes ass, and I'm pretty sure that I didnt see any punches thrown in that fight. Komi just pushed and shoved Moen and pinned his arms so Moen couldnt take a swing at him, and then Komi wrastled Moen to the ground before Moen could free his arms and kick Komis ass.

good post.

I always thought that only the brawlers were fighting to throw punches and knock their oppenents out. I think Komi fought more to calm things down and take out the agressor (or trouble makers like Neil, Hartnell, etc) for 5 minutes.

Drop the gloves, try to punch without getting injured, relax for 5 mins, back with Markov... I think this was the plan...

Leafs suck, but they are gonna be really good 2 years from now.

How? They have no 1sts, and few good prospects in the system.

How? They have no 1sts, and few good prospects in the system.

Sure, they have no 1st, but like you say they have a "few" prospects in the system. How many do the Habs have?

Its truly scary but the Laffs have completely out drafted Timmins by far over the last few years. Its true, and its not because of draft picks traded away either.

The Laffs have 1 guy in the OHL right now thats NHL ready now, and no he's not off to the NCAA after the OHL.

I honestly think the Laffs might pull off a playoff birth if they become smart enough to call Kadri up.

Sure, they have no 1st, but like you say they have a "few" prospects in the system. How many do the Habs have?

Its truly scary but the Laffs have completely out drafted Timmins by far over the last few years. Its true, and its not because of draft picks traded away either.

The Laffs have 1 guy in the OHL right now thats NHL ready now, and no he's not off to the NCAA after the OHL.

I honestly think the Laffs might pull off a playoff birth if they become smart enough to call Kadri up.

They have one or two good prospects. No great ones. On the team, they have one great developing young player + a 2-4 solid young ones that look like third line forwards. They're going to be building through free agency.

The problem is that they have like 12 million to spend on 11 roster spots this summer. Plus they have no draft picks. Despite the common assumption that Toronto is slowly getting better, in reality they are so boned unless Burke pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

The problem is that they have like 12 million to spend on 11 roster spots this summer. Plus they have no draft picks. Despite the common assumption that Toronto is slowly getting better, in reality they are so boned unless Burke pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

Burke shot his load on a bunch of over rated defencemen. If they keep playing like they are now, he is royally screwed.

They can not call him up.

Well not until his OHL season is over.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/m...s-losing-streak

This is going to be great... I can't wait...

and they say the Montreal Media is tough on the Habs! :lol:

My favourite so far:

What do Mike Komisarek and Timmins, Ontario have in common????

They are both Minus 25 come Christmas

Bada-bing!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: