Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

I can't believe it when this happens. I'm now pro Leafs winning but not against us. We could use the favours. They're losing to Boston 2-1. And just like everything else vacuous about them I suppose they'll even be losers in the favours catagory.

Oh when does it end for these sucky suck sucks? Damned Leafers :angry:

PS. :lol:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Trawna (if they lose in reg), they should get the official fail possibly by the end of all regulation games tomorrow night. If the B's win they hit 80 points. If T.O. loses their maximum achievable will be 80 = GAME OVER!!! No doubt the official "e" won't be assigned due to the wins column.

NSFW:

Well the Leafs now have their backs against the wall. Their chances of making the playoffs are now

4 in 100 million (against).

Time for them to pull out all the stops.

I think they can pull it off if they bring in a bit more truculence ASAP.

Kerry Fraser retires/Damien Cox - Toronto Star

Fraser's non-call on Wayne Gretzky for high-sticking Leaf captain Doug Gilmour changed the face of Toronto's series against Los Angeles. Instead of having Gretzky in the penalty box for four minutes, the Kings went on to score a power-play goal – their fourth of the game – and eliminate the Leafs from their Cinderella playoff run. Had the Leafs won that game and the series, they would have hooked up against the Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup final. The histrionics haven't stopped since, even though Fraser has admitted the call was a mistake and has dealt with the subject countless times since.

I am so tired of this argument. It wasn't Fraser's fault that Toronto had played 20 previous games before hand. Every series in round 1, 2 and 3 went the whole seven games.

Oh and I love how Don Cherry and Leafs fans far and wide point out that if they had faced us they would have won. Cherry goes so far to say, "hands down!"

I guess Patrick Roy's save percentage of .977 against the Kings would've been a non-factor for the Habs if it'd been Toronto instead.

EXCUSES AND THEORIES! Sounds about right. Leafs lose cup because of one non-call??? Sigh. That's hockey. Just ask Sabres fans about 1999.

Leaf fans - you didn't make it. You were tired and you were also leading the series 3-2. Game 6 the Leafs were flat. I watched it live. I remember thinking at the time that they are going to let the Kings off the hook. They sucked in game 6.

But, the fact that they were flat and lost game 6 prior has nothing to do with losing that series. :lol: It was all Fraser!!! :wacko:

EXCUSES AND THEORIES!

Please...

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried being a Leafs fan tonight and I'm very dissapointed with my new team. I might just start over to hate them from now on and switch back to the Habs...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hmm, how odd. I just happened to notice that nhlnumbers lists Darcy Tucker as being a 1 mil cap hit for the Laffs every year until 2014. Is that right? Tucker was an Avs when he retired so how or why would that make him a cap hit to the Laffs? Was there some stipulation in the trade to the Avs that if Tucker retires the Laffs have to pay the cash? nhlnumbers doesnt list Tucker at all under the Avs cap. I'm a tad bit confused as to how it would be a Laffs cap hit.

Hmm, how odd. I just happened to notice that nhlnumbers lists Darcy Tucker as being a 1 mil cap hit for the Laffs every year until 2014. Is that right? Tucker was an Avs when he retired so how or why would that make him a cap hit to the Laffs? Was there some stipulation in the trade to the Avs that if Tucker retires the Laffs have to pay the cash? nhlnumbers doesnt list Tucker at all under the Avs cap. I'm a tad bit confused as to how it would be a Laffs cap hit.

After signing a 4 year deal worth 3 mill per year with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Tucker was bought out after only one season.

3 mill at 1/3rd the cost is 1 mill with the number of season's remaining on the contract doubling as per buyout policy = Tucker getting 1 million bucks every year for 6 years. Only 3 have passed.

And while he picked up paycheques from the Leafs, he signed with the Avalanche for 2 years.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Laefs can't drop 11 points or else they max at 88. Tonights loss for the leafers is one more nail in the coffin.

Judging by the schedule & their history with the following teams - it's a TALL order for the fLeas hahaha

@Pittsburgh

Philadelphia

@Washington

@Florida

@Tampa Bay

@Ottawa

@Boston

NY Islanders

@New Jersey

NY Rangers

Carolina

Philadelphia

Buffalo

@Buffalo

Tampa Bay

@Montreal

They're not out of it yet but they lost tonight. Caps lost in OT (might have been a shoot out). Ottawa just scored to make it 5-3 with 7 mins to go.

Too bad, I think I'm gonna cry :D

I like Grabovski's game. Always did. But please, can someone explain to me the sense in signing him for five years at over $5.5 mil per??? Am I missing something? :tigi:

1. No centre market. Or by Burke's assumption, there's no centre market. He acted like he was the smartest man in the world by signing Connolly for $4.75M while also trading for Matt Lombardi, like that was going to fix the centre problem in Toronto. It turns out that both have been flops while Grabovski and Bozak have been their only working centres. So throughout the year, I'm sure Burke tried to make trades but didn't want to give up what he'd have to so he's sticking with what he has.

2. Grabovski's agent bet high. Grabovski might have been only semi-interested in staying with the Leafs so his agent went high. Burke has been shitting himself after the deadline and with having to fire Wilson so with the worry of Grabovski leaving in the off season and being stuck with Bozak/Connolly/Lombardi he met his demands.

3. Preparing for the market. Only a few years ago, signing each Sedin at $6.1M was too high in the eyes of a lot of analysts. Now it's one of the best bargains in hockey. Grabovski at $5.1M might be high now but in three seasons, if he's still scoring at the pace he is right now, it might not look so bad due to inflation. However, truth is, he's a one dimensional scorer who hasn't shown much ability to learn a two way game. Nothing is funnier than reading Leaf fans say how he gets line matched with the highest scoring lines on opposing teams but they never say how bad he is at it.

Grabovski should have been looking at $4.75M but when Tim "I'm better on your IR" Connolly is making that, you're going to ask for more.

I like Grabovski's game. Always did. But please, can someone explain to me the sense in signing him for five years at over $5.5 mil per??? Am I missing something? :tigi:

Definitely too much money. Maybe they think he'll grow but my assessment of him is he has peaked. I'm not saying he's peaked and also in decline, I mean, I don't see his play reaching another level so it's just a question of time to see if both of us are proven wrong...I doubt it though