Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

Haha that's a great picture.

The whole Leafs brand has symbolized incompetence and idiocy for so long.

agree

too funny.

Leafs now at 20% chance of making playoffs, hope they have hope and get eliminated right at end (just out of spite, which isn't one of 7 deadly sins, so OK eh?)

8 losses in a row, must be worse than being up 4-1 in a game 7 and collapsing?

WIll their big streak be 48 years and counting very soon?

Almost as much fun watching them plummet, as watching 20-51-67 go globetrotters on other teams lately.

This is my worst nightmare I don't know what to do. Toronto is beating boston 3-1. I would love to see both teams lose. The only thing that can happen that is good out of this is if someone breaks Chara's ankle.

This is my worst nightmare I don't know what to do. Toronto is beating boston 3-1. I would love to see both teams lose. The only thing that can happen that is good out of this is if someone breaks Chara's ankle.

Halfway through the 2nd, the Leafs are doing this with Troy Bodie playing more than any other Toronto player (forward or d-man). Who knew he was the key to their success?

Halfway through the 2nd, the Leafs are doing this with Troy Bodie playing more than any other Toronto player (forward or d-man). Who knew he was the key to their success?

fortunately the bruins have tied it up. Maybe now they can really beat the crap out of each other. I see Bernier is out again.

Toronto wins, which again gives them fleeting hope.

and secure me the win in my fantasy pool.

(didn't draft Toronto, traded for them when they were hot. Couldn't stand how bad my team was at the moment, Philly, dead last in the NHL)

There's a variety of reasons why the Leafs haven't play well down the stretch. I don't know what they are, nor do I care, but I'll say this. I have no problem with coach Carlisle saying Reimer played "OK". Going after his wife on Twitter was disgusting, but why does Carlisle have to sugar coat his comments, and put a cherry on top for Reimer? When we beat the Leafs, Reimer didn't look that great. It looked to me like his basic positioning was off. To me Reimer looks like a wimp. Now with Bernier out for 3 weeks, Reimer has a chance to prove people wrong.

There's a variety of reasons why the Leafs haven't play well down the stretch. I don't know what they are, nor do I care, but I'll say this. I have no problem with coach Carlisle saying Reimer played "OK". Going after his wife on Twitter was disgusting, but why does Carlisle have to sugar coat his comments, and put a cherry on top for Reimer? When we beat the Leafs, Reimer didn't look that great. It looked to me like his basic positioning was off. To me Reimer looks like a wimp. Now with Bernier out for 3 weeks, Reimer has a chance to prove people wrong.

He has a chance to be the new Aubin and screw up the Leafs chances at a better draft pick.

I hope the laffs win their last 2 games. It will move them farther down the draft list :hyper::1banana:

If they win their next two games, they might finish with the 14th overall pick.

The worst case scenario is everyone winning around them and the Leafs finishing with say the eighth overall pick. I have a hard time seeing that happen.

I'm guessing they'll finish around 12th overall. Nick Ritchie has "Future Leafs Draft Pick" written all over him.

Just as I thought, the Leafs look to be floating around eighth overall. Movement depends on the draft lottery.

I still think Ritchie will be a Leaf at the draft, but I could also see them going after a defenceman because that used to always be Toronto's thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Things are looking much better for another Leafless playoffs. The best news so far was that Gosh Georges refused to

sign his career away and put on a Maple Leaf sweater. Also the other great news is that they seem to be stuck

with Reimer. Please give him another chance in a few big games.

Shanahan seems to be totally oblivious to the disaster that awaits him. What a sad way to end such a glorious career

mired in the muddy-quicksand in the world of the ACC.

• 2 months later...