Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

This is looking to be the Leafs version of the Habs 2011-2012 season.

We had way more cap relief that season and had yet to give long term deals to some of our best players. We did have Scott Gomez and Tomas Kaberle hanging over our heads but the league took care of that.

If the dollar keeps going the way it is, the cap is not going to get the gains we all expected after the Rogers deal. Toronto needs to clear space now, even if the deals don't favour them.

One of the funnier things I have read about the leafs lately via twitter:

Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown

"Watching Leafs/Devils followed by Kings/Blackhawks is like eating a moldy bologna sandwich followed by watching Kings/Blackhawks".

Is it bad that every time the Leafs lose another, I laugh for about five minutes? I'm starting to watch them more and more often so I can see how they manage to lose their next game.

Is it bad that every time the Leafs lose another, I laugh for about five minutes? I'm starting to watch them more and more often so I can see how they manage to lose their next game.

The good is that the Leafs are losing and it's hilarious.

The bad is that they are already looking at a Top 10 pick and if they keep losing, it's very possible they find themselves with a top five pick. Ottawa and Columbus are likely to hop them in the next month or so while Carolina is looking good and New Jersey still has a starting goalie that can win games. If the Leafs continue to lose and maybe shed some stars, they could be looking at a Top three pick, maybe even win the lottery and get McDavid. I'd hate to see them get McDavid, Eichel or Strome. I'd prefer they settle with a Pavel Zacha or Matt Barzal.

The bad is that they are already looking at a Top 10 pick and if they keep losing, it's very possible they find themselves with a top five pick. Ottawa and Columbus are likely to hop them in the next month or so while Carolina is looking good and New Jersey still has a starting goalie that can win games. If the Leafs continue to lose and maybe shed some stars, they could be looking at a Top three pick, maybe even win the lottery and get McDavid. I'd hate to see them get McDavid, Eichel or Strome. I'd prefer they settle with a Pavel Zacha or Matt Barzal.

Dont care what pick they get they will f it up and stay dysfunction franchise for a while yet.

And yes it is becoming a hobby to see how many different ways they can lose, I love th 3goals in 3rd yesterdaya dn long dump in beating leaf "goalie"

I feel the same way. But I kinda expect the Leafs to do their usually run at the end of the season, and jump up a few places in the standings.

I feel the same way. But I kinda expect the Leafs to do their usually run at the end of the season, and jump up a few places in the standings.

I have only once ever feared that the Leafs were gonna go all the way and that was when they traded for Ron Francis at the trade deadline. He ended up being terrible for them.

10 points behind NY for last wildcard and NY has 4 games in hand.

At least they can book their tee times early, or maybe had standing slot in Mid-April already inked in. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1. If TO finishes in the bottom five they'll screw up with the pick. We all know that.

2. If TO does its usual and go on to finish on a high - just to miss the playoffs - I think they should change the timing of the parade route they like to plan every pre-season. This time they should have a parade on the day after the final day of the season to celebrate "Almost." I mean, if there was an award going to a team that consistently screwed up their future by winning at ALL the wrong times, TO would win hands down. Here's to #9 again!