Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

From an actual textbook:

https://i.imgur.com/j7LlyEW.jpg

(I'd normally embed the pic in here but it's a tad on the big side...)

Amazing hahah! My parents (Habs fans DUH) are going to the Habs-leafs season opener at the air canada center! I'll make sure they're sufficiently anti-maple leafs

We interrupt this Anti-Maple Leafs thread to bring you why the Boston Bruins are a complete disaster: http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/boston-bruins-aim-in-new-season-reunite-a-divided-team

Be sure to catch how he's not quoting anyone but saying if you applied truth serum to a player, and how "bringing in toughness and taking out softness" completely forgets Lucic's name to make his point. Also, "adding Zac Rinaldo" as if he isn't the biggest minus you could acquire for a third round pick.

• 2 weeks later...

The Leafs have banned their broadcasters from team-chartered flights. Toronto doesn't have designated TV broadcasters as their games are split between TSN and Sportsnet (some regional games, some national games). They do, however, have a designated radio crew who calls the games for both TSN and Sportsnet's radio networks.

This means that the owners of those two stations (which happen to be Rogers and Bell, the two majority owners of the team) would have to pay to send their PBP duo to road games. Surprisingly, neither of them plan to do so. As a result, their road games will now be called out of a radio studio while they watch the TV broadcast.

The richest team in hockey that makes the most money that's owned by two of the richest companies in Canada (if not the two richest) are now going to provide their fans with a super cheap radio broadcast with a quality that will probably be poorer than minor league teams. All to save a few bucks.

To quote one of the affected announcers, Holy Mackinaw. That's hilarious and pathetic all at once.

http://torontosportsmedia.com/sports-and-toronto/joe-bowen-jim-ralph-staying-home-for-leafs-road-radio-games/20194

Also, it's nice to see that TSN is spreading the attention around...here's a screenshot of their site from earlier today: http://i.imgur.com/BniVF6G.png

Edit: Sportsnet/TSN came to their senses late in the day and will now cover the expenses for send the PBP team to the road games: http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/09/28/bowen-ralph-to-call-leafs-road-games-from-toronto

• 1 month later...

Hope they finish last. Don't want top players going to teams that could actually rebuild and be a threat one day. Leafs could have first over all pick 5 years in a row.....and do less with them than the Oilers.

Rebuild number 4,628 underway.

Hope they finish last. Don't want top players going to teams that could actually rebuild and be a threat one day. Leafs could have first over all pick 5 years in a row.....and do less with them than the Oilers.

Rebuild number 4,628 underway.

no no no no good first round picks for the leafs. They need to finish out of the playoffs just barely. That way a mid pick and a little hope then they get trashed again. I love it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

no no no no good first round picks for the leafs. They need to finish out of the playoffs just barely. That way a mid pick and a little hope then they get trashed again. I love it.

lol

I'm with u on this one.

NHL is by far the toughest pro sports league to bet on and win money.

NFL got some undefeated teams ever year after 6-7 games and some crap teams as well.

NBA seasons often finish with some teams losing only 15 to 25 games or so.

MLB got pitchers on good teams who finish the season with some kind of 18W-4L records.

NHL, it. Oilers, Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, Flyers and all can beat any team on any given day, backup goalies or not.

The other thing I find with the league today is that teams seem to go on these massive hot streaks, more than in the past. (Of course, I can't quantify this - it's an impression). Look at the Rangers, rattling off something like 11 straight wins, or the Habs before then. More than before it seems to be a streaky league. Just a thought.

The other thing I find with the league today is that teams seem to go on these massive hot streaks, more than in the past. (Of course, I can't quantify this - it's an impression). Look at the Rangers, rattling off something like 11 straight wins, or the Habs before then. More than before it seems to be a streaky league. Just a thought.

The Rangers are at 9 wins. They still haven't surpassed our streak from the beginning of the season. I tend to agree with your assessment and it would be crazy for the Rangers to pull off 10 in a row so soon after our quest for the greatest start in our history. It is still very early in the season after all and both these streaks have already happened.

Yeah kinda crazy isn't it in a league with such parity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

For context for those that don't follow the NBA, the Toronto Raptors are starting their season in Tampa Bay, sharing the Lightning's arena, prompting one writer to come up with this:

source.gif&ehk=hK1XSP0alOsqMdGlqO52VvlU7      but ... it is the wf8=

• Upvote 1