Price's contract talks

dlbalr

Price's contract  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which term is better, considering a longer term = longer cap hit?

• 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years
    • 4 years
    • 5 or more years

Hee hee:

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/2010/...ore-en-renfort/

I have to admit, IF Price does indeed turn out to be playing hardball and making unreasonable demands, which is far from clear, I rather savour the idea of letting him rot at the rodeo and bringing back José Theodore on the cheap. Not only would it mark a satisfying closure to the unhappy saga of Theo and Montreal, but José (who I always liked) would be doubly motivated to excel and, inspired, could probably do a serviceable job for us. Fun stuff.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee hee:

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/2010/...ore-en-renfort/

I have to admit, IF Price does indeed turn out to be playing hardball and making unreasonable demands, which is far from clear, I rather savour the idea of letting him rot at the rodeo and bringing back José Theodore on the cheap. Not only would it mark a satisfying closure to the unhappy saga of Theo and Montreal, but José (who I always liked) would be doubly motivated to excel and, inspired, could probably do a serviceable job for us. Fun stuff.

if we lose price and has to sign theo i would be a little pissed...Theo as really not been a numer one goalie in years and always lose his job to young guys so i dont see him ever coming back..If the GM had any plans of nothing signing price iam sure we would of sign Antti Niemi...I dont think price is playing hard ball, i think its more of how long the deal well be..same thing that is going on with bobby ryan..

Hey, what do you know, Price wasn't holding out.

Shocking that the media hype didn't match reality. That never happens.

5.5M for 2 years is the rumoured number

Edited by Wamsley01

If thats true Wammy, then it's a fair deal all around. Now we can gauge fans reaction to see if they were really just angry at the so called hold out or just wanted to vent on Price no matter what the issue.

I believe he's a RFA for 2 more years Nhfarber, although next time up he'll have arbitration rights.

If thats true Wammy, then it's a fair deal all around. Now we can gauge fans reaction to see if they were really just angry at the so called hold out or just wanted to vent on Price no matter what the issue.

I believe he's a RFA for 2 more years Nhfarber, although next time up he'll have arbitration rights.

this

I saw somewhere it was an average of 2.65 million per season. Sounds reasonable enough to me.

:clap:

What I particularly like, besides the fact that the deal is fair all around, is that Gauthier has a little wiggle-room to add a Guerin-type if he wants.

I am happy with this deal. The money is fair to both sides. Won't kill the cap if he doesn't put a few years together, and opens the door for contract extensions if he does. Anyone quibbleing over 500 thousand needs to remember that every player is paid higher in Quebec. If it was Calgary, he would probably make 2.25 a year and have the same in his pocket.

I really understand what you mean. If the fans and media continue this trend, nobody will want to play here. The recent success has helped, but the fans need to keep in mind how much they affect the psyche of teh players. It does more harm than good most times.

This is a fair contract for both sides. Glad this saga is over and done with... now if only the Kovalchuk fiasco could be put to bed!

The perfect deal. About 1M less that Halak and for 2 years IN CASE he fails. If he doesnt fail and have a breakout year this season we are in a perfect spot to put aside caproom for him in 2 years.

We have a deal. I never believed that ridiculous story about Price ready to go on strike. Now that it's done, people will focus on Lamoriello and the Kovalchuk mess. I suppose that Gauthier will have a couple quiet days before the beginning of training camp. All in all, I would say that those who were saying that he was a fool not to sign him before the Halak trade will shut up their mouth.

Haha dlbalr I think you underestimate the power of the Habs fandom when you say "Can't complain about this contract", greatly underestimate.

I'm speaking personally - common sense suggested he wouldn't take less than his cap hit last year (he'd have signed earlier if he would), especially on a 2 year deal. Half a mil higher and locked in for 2 years, to me, that's a fair deal for both sides.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but I found it interesting Halak and Price scored the biggest salaries this off-season for goalies... and that was with RFA statuses.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but I found it interesting Halak and Price scored the biggest salaries this off-season for goalies... and that was with RFA statuses.

I'm really not surprised at that, given that Nabakov went back to Russia. I may be over-valuing them, but I thought that they were head and shoulders better then the other RFA/UFA goalies out there. Which is why i don't buy into the theory that if the Habs had waited on moving Halak later, they wouldn't have been able to get more.

Kari Lehtonen got more than Price but less than Halak ($3.55m per, 3 years), Pekka Rinne as well ($3.4m, 2 years). But other than that, you're correct. For some reason, RFA goalies are making more than UFA goalies. Well, Luongo is on a new contract, too. So we aren't quite correct in all this, but it's still interesting.

I think this is a good signing for both parties. Now Carey has two years to prove to us that he can make it as the no. 1 goalie for this team!