The Bolts go Québécois...

JoeLassister

Damn,

After Lecavalier, St-Louis, Gagné, Guy Boucher and his 2 assistants coachs and Julien Brisebois, they signed Marc-André Pouliot today. +, they still could re sign Stéphane Veilleux.

Is it fair to begin to wonder if they are secretly planning a move to Québec City ??? I wish....

Good move for the Bolts...I think with the addition of Eller Moore became redundant.

Regardless of Eller, still wish we would've kept Moore - he was damn good and really solidified the team. I would have found room for him somewhere on the 3rd line - maybe move Eller over to wing.

I think keeping Moore would have been at the cost of one of the younger players, the habs already look to have a logjam at 3rd and 4th lines, and soon they'll start losing some of these players if they don't get NHL time. We already saw Trotter head to snowy Russia to avoid more AHL. I think the team had a choice between Laps and Moore, then they went with Laps.

Edited by bar

I think keeping Moore would have been at the cost of one of the younger players, the habs already look to have a logjam at 3rd and 4th lines, and soon they'll start losing some of these players if they don't get NHL time. We already saw Trotter head to snowy Russia to avoid more AHL. I think the team had a choice between Laps and Moore, then they went with Laps.

you got a point Bar

Well, the cheapness of this signing surprised me. I see the value in going with youth, but I also hope that the Habs don't find themselves looking for 'a player to solidify the bottom 6' around deadline day and have to deal another pick to get the equivalent of Moore. :rolleyes:

Well, the cheapness of this signing surprised me. I see the value in going with youth, but I also hope that the Habs don't find themselves looking for 'a player to solidify the bottom 6' around deadline day and have to deal another pick to get the equivalent of Moore. :rolleyes:

With the pending Price contract, it wouldn't surprise me to say the least if they did so again actually (since they won't have enough space for a top-6 guy). Especially if the injuries creep up like last year, sometimes it's better to plug in a veteran than risk bringing in a youngster too early or in a situation they're not ready for. Considering the depth that's near NHL ready though, it'd take a few injuries for such a situation to arise.

I'd like a righty centre, actually. And I think you guys are underestimating Boyd's potential.

Pyatt can play centre, too.

For the first time in a while, I'm not all that worried about our depth at centre.

What's gonna bug me about the Bolts is the way they're suddenly going to become the consolation prize if the Habs gulp and blow. I hate it when fans of one team adopt some second team as their 'next favourite' to make themselves feel better should their team stink. I recall a Montreal relative of mine, before the 2008 season, saying that the Habs were garbage but he was all excited about Pittsburgh (another one of these 'Montrealers'-second-favourite-teams' because of the Lemieux/Fleury/Rimouski connection). I dunno, it just irriates the sh*t out of me. I live and die with the Habs and expect true fans to do likewise. ^_^

What's gonna bug me about the Bolts is the way they're suddenly going to become the consolation prize if the Habs gulp and blow. I hate it when fans of one team adopt some second team as their 'next favourite' to make themselves feel better should their team stink. I recall a Montreal relative of mine, before the 2008 season, saying that the Habs were garbage but he was all excited about Pittsburgh (another one of these 'Montrealers'-second-favourite-teams' because of the Lemieux/Fleury/Rimouski connection). I dunno, it just irriates the sh*t out of me. I live and die with the Habs and expect true fans to do likewise. ^_^

I hear you. I have a second-favourite-team which is Edmonton, and I start to cheer for them when the Habs are eliminated. Period.

The only reason I want the Nordiques to be back is that I can live the real revalry.

Hee hee...hard to be too resentful of people who have the Oilers or Isles(!) as their second-favourite teams :lol:

Most people want to see the Nordiques back, but not me. The intensity of that rivalry overwhelmed everything else, to the point where players had their careers ended (Mondu) and the teams had nothing left for playoff runs after beating each other. There *is* one possible advantage to the Habs, namely, that they would no longer have to bear the burden of being the sole hockey representative of French Quebec and therefore might become freer to hire the best qualified person for key jobs (coach, GM) instead of the best qualified bilingual person; but I think it'll actually work in the other direction. The Habs will have to be even more attuned to thier own 'frenchness' lest they lose the PR battle for the hearts and minds of the fans in the province. This is what happened last time, to the team's deteriment (remember Alfie Turcotte?). So thanks but no thanks.