NO RDS HD!

bar

So...I live in Halifax and they do not offer RDS in HD yet!

What should I do...I cant not watch stuff in HD now, should I pony up the cash for NHL network? Does the nhl network offer games in HD?

What should I do...I cant not watch stuff in HD now, should I pony up the cash for NHL network? Does the nhl network offer games in HD?

I can't answer the bit about HD, but I was VERY disappointed in the NHL network last year. I ended up cancelling it and sticking with my SD RDS.

Yeah it sucks, don't get it in HD on shaw cable in B.C. either.

RDS is best in any format... NHL network bites. stay away from paying for games you will never enjoy because of the crappy commentary... GO HABS GO!

RDS is best in any format... NHL network bites. stay away from paying for games you will never enjoy because of the crappy commentary... GO HABS GO!

Totally agree! I understand about 1/3 of what I hear on RDS as far as comentary, and I still way preffer it to whichever jerk from MSG, or Versus is on NHL centre ice. TSN, RDS, and CBC are the way to go!

get satellite.

Shaw Direct(starchoice) and Bell offer the same channels across the country.

I refuse to purchase a receiver that has a one year guarantee. I'll stick with my SaskTel $10/month rental (I get a $10/month credit for having a cell plan with them anyways) for an HD digital recorder/set top box that they'll replace if even the slightest thing goes wrong, which is inevitable.

Now, SaskTel just needs to pick up RDS HD as well. I watch a lot of the games in my basement anyways, where I have an old school TV, so it's really not a huge issue.

I refuse to purchase a receiver that has a one year guarantee. I'll stick with my SaskTel $10/month rental (I get a $10/month credit for having a cell plan with them anyways) for an HD digital recorder/set top box that they'll replace if even the slightest thing goes wrong, which is inevitable.

Now, SaskTel just needs to pick up RDS HD as well. I watch a lot of the games in my basement anyways, where I have an old school TV, so it's really not a huge issue.

I'd have to say that SD RDS (I don't speak French) still beats SportsNet West in HD for the few games a year the habs are on it.

I refuse to purchase a receiver that has a one year guarantee.

i think starchoice warrantees receivers for as long as you're a customer. starchoice has always been a great company IMO. they're as good as apple in terms of customer service.