- A tous ceux qui dénigrent PG....

- Let's Go Blues !

- Gainey !

- Le CH n'avait pas de marge de maneuvre

- La saison va etre longue....

- Tout repose sur les épaules de Carey Price

- Halpern, futur Capitaine ?

lol :clap:

I like this move, I guess it means no white likely in the NHL this year, which makes me a little sad, but the 3rd and 4th line youth peeps were afraid of seems to be not happening, vets are always a good thing.

I like this move, I guess it means no white likely in the NHL this year, which makes me a little sad, but the 3rd and 4th line youth peeps were afraid of seems to be not happening, vets are always a good thing.

I'm sure White will see some NHL action this year, there's bound to be injuries at some point and he'll be once of the first callups. It's great news for the Bulldogs though. I tend to think of the signing this way - instead of trading for a veteran at the deadline, sign one now and keep the draft pick the Habs would have dealt to get him.

Great move ! He is an experienced and intelligent player that will give us stability and depth. Now will Pierre Gautier make a trade ? :clap:

He could but I'd bank on going into camp with what the team has now - if Kostitsyn/Pouliot struggle out of the gate, then a deal may be made. Over the next 2 weeks, all the moves that teams will make will resemble this one - veteran players who hoped they'd get a 7 figure salary will quickly sign up/get a tryout somewhere to ensure they're playing next season. (Examples being Comrie to PIT, Cheechoo to DAL, and Wellwood to PHX, the latter 2 on tryouts.) Once those players all sign, then the trade talks will start to percolate.

A cheaper replacement for Moore. A good pick up but I would have preferred someone with a bit more offense in him (for a bit more money).

Moen, Eller, Laps, Boyd, Darche, Pyatt, Halpern... I guess that's our bottom 6 plus 1 extras? I guess they want guys like Pacioretty and Palushaj to get some quality AHL time this year.

My bet would be:

Pyatt - Eller - Laps

Moen - Boyd/Halpern - Halpern/Boyd

Darche in the media box

Looks good although I would switch Pyatt for Moen.

Fair enough, I just thought neither had much offensive upside to compliment Eller so I went with Pyatt because he is faster and has more energy.

My bet would be:

Pyatt - Eller - Laps

Moen - Boyd/Halpern - Halpern/Boyd

Darche in the media box

My take is that Boyd will move up to create an energy two-way 3rd line.

Boyd - Eller - Lapierre

Moen - Halpern - Pyatt (as the true shutdown trio)

Having the bottom 2 lines like that means we shouldn't see a situation where some forwards are playing 23 minutes while others get 2-3. Over a full season, that should pay dividends.

My take is that Boyd will move up to create an energy two-way 3rd line.

Boyd - Eller - Lapierre

Moen - Halpern - Pyatt (as the true shutdown trio)

Having the bottom 2 lines like that means we shouldn't see a situation where some forwards are playing 23 minutes while others get 2-3. Over a full season, that should pay dividends.

That could work, I'm not really up to date on Boyd so I'm not sure what all he brings to the table.

It would also be nice if this signing put the Moore loss to rest. It seems more people miss Moore than Koivu.

That could work, I'm not really up to date on Boyd so I'm not sure what all he brings to the table.

It would also be nice if this signing put the Moore loss to rest. It seems more people miss Moore than Koivu.

Boyd's the type of player who has the talent to score 16-20 goals but it never pans out - instead he gets between 8-14 per year which is decent for a bottom 6 forward. Also a strong skater which means the 3rd line as I figure it consists of 3 solid skaters that can play both sides.

I like this signing a lot! An experienced vet who has a solid slapshot and is not afraid to go to the net! Like Gauthier's thinking on this one :clap: my only concern about losing Moore is how much it will affect our PK abilities, but overall a good replacement for a very reasonable cost!

We needed a guy like Halpern.

Right-handed shot, he should be able to take his large share of draws (he's good at it), particularly in the defensive zone. I also believe that we will see a lot of him on the P.K. It should give Plex and Gomez more energy to finish the season.

A lot of "experts" believe that the Habs have not improved their line-up since last spring. That's bull. If you look at it closely, we're younger, faster and our depth is excellent.

On defense, we lost Bergeron and Mara but Subban and Picard we'll replace them. We also have Carle and Weber, one year older, in Hamilton to recall in case of injuries. Pateryn (if he signs for Hamilton), Klubertanz and St-Denis could also move up if their game is good enough.

On offense, Moore, Metropolit and SK are gone. The new guys are Halpern, Eller and Boyd. The recalls, if necessary, are Maxwell, Avtsin, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Fortier, Palushaj, White, Wyman, Dumont, Engqvist, Schultz. This kind of depth is uncommon and could make a big difference at the end of the season.

Edited by JCPetit