Preseason GDT: Sens/Habs

l.moustakas

Sounds like Kostitsyn is really turning up his game.

Yep, which is a great sign heading into the year. If he, Cammalleri, and Plekanec can re-discover their midseason form from last season, that'd be huge. The way Eller and Kostitsyn are playing, Pouliot may be getting a little worried (though he had a decent game vs Boston).

Habs on the PK now.

End of 2nd, 3-2 Habs. Shots on goal: 21-18 Ottawa

Stats:

TOI leaders - D: Picard (16:37) F: Gomez (14:32)

Shot leader: Pacioretty (3)

Most hits: White (5) (Habs lead 23-13 in team hits)

Faceoffs: Engqvist (7/10, 70%) (Habs are 25/46, 54%)

PP: 1/4 PK: 3/3

Habs kill the penalty, hold on to win it 4-2 for their first win of the preseason. Mayer gets the win in his Habs debut, congrats to him.

Shots on goal: 31-28 Ottawa (Mayer 18/19, 30:22 TOI, 1.98 GAA, .947 SV%)

3 Stars:

1) Subban

2) Darche

3) Kostitsyn

Stats:

TOI leaders - D: Picard (25:01) F: Gomez (20:36)

Shot leader: Pacioretty (4)

Most hits: White (6) (Habs won the hit battle 32-16)

Faceoffs: Engqvist (9/16, 56%) (Habs went 32/63, 51%)

PP: 1/5 PK: 5/5

Having watched both pre-season games, I can say that I am really impressed by the quality of the young players and the few additions we have made during the off-season. I don't know if I am the only one to see that, but I have the feeling that the Habs will have a lot more depth than last year, both in Montreal and Hamilton.

Eller looked really good out there. I wish he will play center though. This big guy obviously likes to use all the ice to feed his wingers. Let's give him to fast skaters to play with and it won't be long to see the results. Wednesday, guys like Leblanc, Dumont were also impressive. And I don't mention Desharnais, White, Palushaj or Wyman; there's loads of talent waiting for a chance to play among the forwards.

Picard, Subban (of course), even Nash and Carle. We have some good defensemen waiting for their share of ice time. It won't be easy to send some of them to Hamilton, but there's no choice, particularly if Hamrlik and Markov are close to full recovery.

And there's still some guys we haven't seen yet (like Avtsin).

Even the young goalie, Maier, had a good outing. Hell! we finally have a solid team.

Let the season begin!

Habs score, 4-2! :clap:

Boyd (White, Henry) 11:55 3rd

Henry scores in the intra-squad game, an assist here...poor Hamilton, he'll have had all his offence in the preseason.

HA! but seriously he (Henry) had a dozen points in the same way last season... shots from the blue line that deflect in! Saw the highlights and he seems to be on the ice for all of the goals... must of been on the ice for the sens goals too... cause he on finished +1

Habs kill the penalty, hold on to win it 4-2 for their first win of the preseason. Mayer gets the win in his Habs debut, congrats to him.

Shots on goal: 31-28 Ottawa (Mayer 18/19, 30:22 TOI, 1.98 GAA, .947 SV%)

3 Stars:

1) Subban

2) Darche

3) Kostitsyn

Stats:

TOI leaders - D: Picard (25:01) F: Gomez (20:36)

Shot leader: Pacioretty (4)

Most hits: White (6) (Habs won the hit battle 32-16)

Faceoffs: Engqvist (9/16, 56%) (Habs went 32/63, 51%)

PP: 1/5 PK: 5/5

Yeahh!!! Andrei!!!!, nice read to intercept for the goal, goalie heard the horn before he realized the puck left Andrei's stick..... WOOOHOOO!

Who's the man! Oh yeah..hahahaha way to go!

Mats

Yeahh!!! Andrei!!!!, nice read to intercept for the goal, goalie heard the horn before he realized the puck left Andrei's stick..... WOOOHOOO!

Who's the man! Oh yeah..hahahaha way to go!

Mats

Oh shit, I've just seen this goal for the first time, WHAT A ROCKET !!!!! If he can pull the trigger like that 25-30 times...

Oh shit, I've just seen this goal for the first time, WHAT A ROCKET !!!!! If he can pull the trigger like that 25-30 times...

:lol: Dream on, pal.

(Actually, he's good for 20-25 goals no matter what. What's delusional is clinging to the hope that he will be an impact player. He may yet become this, but a rational approach to this guy is to expect more of the same: a really spectacular month or two surrounded by apathy and confusion the rest of the time).

(Actually, he's good for 20-25 goals no matter what. What's delusional is clinging to the hope that he will be an impact player. He may yet become this, but a rational approach to this guy is to expect more of the same: a really spectacular month or two surrounded by apathy and confusion the rest of the time).

Don't forget disappointment and listing other 2003 draftees!

I'm pretty confident that he can break the 25 (maybe even 30) goals mark this season if he stays healthy and if Cammy and Plex play more than 72 games each. Last year, they were AMAZING in the week before AK got injured. I'm just hoping that they can get back to this kind of game.

Don't forget disappointment and listing other 2003 draftees!

:lol: