GDT: Minnesota/Montreal

dlbalr

why is o'byrne wearing an A?

Why Not? It is a pre-season game and probably giving the kid a little responsibility he will not have during regular season. No need to lose sleep over it. A nice touch by coaching staff.

i guess the habs coaching staff sees something else in o'byrne than i do.

Not so much that, but if not him, then who? Kostitsyn? It's not exactly a veteran laden lineup, he's one of the most experienced Habs in the game tonight.

1-1 in the 2nd, Engqvist with the goal.

As for Avtsin, I'd surmise there's either concerns with his wrist or they're not happy with his work ethic. Either way, he'll be cut within 48 hours.

(A collection of quick posts...)

White scores to give the Habs a 2-1 lead! :clap:

White (Picard, Gomez) 6:23

2 mins later: And now Boyd scores to make it 3-1!

Boyd (Pacioretty, Nash) 6:57 - tied for the team lead in goals now.

2 mins later: Nash scores, 4-1!

Nash (Pacioretty, Carle) 8:02

At the halfway point, the Habs have more goals than Auld has saves...where was this yesterday? Props to the young'uns for a strong game so far.

The players are more confident in front of Auld than in front of Price. :rolleyes:

Brodziak from Miettinen and Latendresse with 13 seconds left, but...

Habs hold on to take it 4-3. Auld with his first win as a Hab...didn't do much to get it either but hey, a win's a win.

3 Stars:

1) Boyd

2) White

3) Picard

Stats:

Shots 28-14 MTL (Pacioretty - 4)

PP 0/6 PK 3/3

TOI: D: Picard (24:55), F: Gomez (22:39) - it's a preseason game, why is he getting almost 23 mins?

Hits: White/Pacioretty (4) (Habs lost 47-26 here...that's a lot of hits)

Blocks: Nash/White (3) (22-13 MIN overall)

Faceoffs: Gomez 9/16 (Habs 26/56)

Didn't get to watch the game, but it's nice to see MaxPac contribute. 2A 4 shots and 4 hits is a pretty good night, and I would love to see him stick with the big club.

I hope he doesn't. I'd rather see him go down to Hamilton and get some confidence and prove he can score. The habs already screwed up twice in bringing him up too early. This time d rather see him dominate in the AHL before he's called up. Otherwise I'm worried that he will be another top 6 hopeful that ends up beng a 3rd/4th liner.

I hope he doesn't. I'd rather see him go down to Hamilton and get some confidence and prove he can score. The habs already screwed up twice in bringing him up too early. This time d rather see him dominate in the AHL before he's called up. Otherwise I'm worried that he will be another top 6 hopeful that ends up beng a 3rd/4th liner.

I agree fully!

I am quite excited with the amount of talent the big club will ice in Hamilton this year. Just making me miss the Vees so much more?

Is AHL ever going to return to Halifax? I have not been to a game at the Copps, and don't know how the crowds react there, but I remember Vees players being booed for consistant poor play. Maybe that helped prepare the players for the hotbed of Montreal?

We haven't faired too well since '84! The Halifax Metro Center is a nice building, about 10,000 and boxes, but maybe once we get a newer facility we will get a francise.

Off track there, lol.

I hope they keep Eller up for the start, but haven't seen enough to be sure of that yet. Hoping to see him with Pleks line next game!

I think that may be fun to watch.

Great effort, didn't get to see it so thanks for the updates!

So what's going on with Avtsin?

Not playing tonight, will be cut tomorrow. Aside from that, I'm not 100% sure. As I noted earlier in the thread, I think his wrist is acting up or he's dogging it in practice...hoping it's certainly not the latter as that doesn't bode well.