Suspension  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be suspended?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should he be suspended?

• Yes
    • No

I'm splitting this from the game thread as it's sure to generate some debate in the hockey world in the next few days. The incident happened late in the 2nd and Cammalleri received 5 and a game as a result. The general consensus is that he deserves to be suspended, a lot suggesting for multiple games. The video evidence is below, you be the judge - will he be suspended? Should he be? If so, for how long?

Nicely done, rafikz.

Since it's a first-time offence for Cammy, I'm guessing minimum 1 game, but definitely no more than 3.

Brian, will this save us any cap space? :)

I must admit that i don't know. It didn't look like it was a full force assault intending to injure, but rather more like a solid reminder.

But I don't know. I think the effect plays an often determining role in such events and my guess is he'll get a game..... maybe. I don't see more than that. If I were sitting in the NHL office , I'd probably give him a game to be on the side of the angels.

Edited by Toronthab

Nicely done, rafikz.

Since it's a first-time offence for Cammy, I'm guessing minimum 1 game, but definitely no more than 3.

thanks but I just copied/pasted it ^_^

I see a slap on the hand. I think the game misconduct was for the high stick previous to the slash, which didn't even hurt niederreiter. Unless the league looks at the entire incident, but based on his suspension history, I can't see them coming down on him.

I don't think so unless he injuried. It's a hockey play, a love tap, he was sending a message, not trying to injury him. I think 5 minutes and a game misconduct is enough. But lets not forget the sucker punch on Havlat.... he is a repeat offender... so who knows.

Edited by Topgun19

I don't think so unless he injuried. It's a hockey play, a love tap, he was sending a message, not trying to injury him. I think 5 minutes and a game misconduct is enough. But lets not forget the sucker punch on Havlat.... he is a repeat offender. so who knows.

Havlat's reaction to that was hilarious.

Havlat's reaction to that was hilarious.

I believe the league will make a statement on whether they are serious about shots to the head. I think three games is probably the minumum. I can see ten games easily. The good news is that someone is going to get some playing time on the first/second line. Eller? Maybe.

That Cammy was apparently reacting to a blindside headshot might be enough to get him off the hook...especially in light of that hilarious diagram :lol:

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/37436

Nicely done, rafikz.

If he were to be suspended, yes, yes it would. The league is looking into the play as well.

They will give him one game at least. They will do just about anything to help the Laughs win their openning game!

Honestly after reviewing the entire sequence, the league should let Cammy off and suspend the rookie for his blindside hit. That is if they don't want to make a mock of their new mandate.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Clean hit. Shoulder to shoulder. No head contact was made.

Cammi lost his cool. Don't know if he'll get suspended or not, probably only a game if he is, since he already got a game misconduct.

So all a teams needs to do to stay under teh cap is have a guy (or 2) suspended....and keep rotating them around hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Any teams need to get under in a hurry?

So all a teams needs to do to stay under teh cap is have a guy (or 2) suspended....and keep rotating them around hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Any teams need to get under in a hurry?

I suppose it could be looked at that way, but the provision is in there to allow teams to be able to call up a replacement player if necessary. Most of the time, the players being suspended are goons, making $1 mil or under so the savings aren't as extravagant as they are here in most instances.