Suspension  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be suspended?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should he be suspended?

• Yes
    • No

So all a teams needs to do to stay under teh cap is have a guy (or 2) suspended....and keep rotating them around hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Any teams need to get under in a hurry?

This is the Philadelphia Flyers' strategy. Every year, they're up against the cap. It's a good thing they acquired Chris Pronger.

This is the Philadelphia Flyers' strategy. Every year, they're up against the cap. It's a good thing they acquired Chris Pronger.

:lol: Zing.

The really scary thing here is that a human being can make $32,258.06 for a single day's work :rolleyes: Bring back Karl Marx, man.

I think we dodged a bullet. As much as I hate to admit it the number of attempts by Cammy probably warranted at least 3 games. Hell if chris Simon did the same thing, he would have got 15 games.

If if the situation wA reversed we would all probably be screaming for 5 games.

Thank god for the NHL's messed up disciplinary system.

I think we dodged a bullet. As much as I hate to admit it the number of attempts by Cammy probably warranted at least 3 games. Hell if chris Simon did the same thing, he would have got 15 games.

If if the situation wA reversed we would all probably be screaming for 5 games.

Thank god for the NHL's messed up disciplinary system.

Yeah, he deserved the suspension. A dumb play by him, especially given that the supposed headshot to which he was 'retaliating' was uncertain at best. He could have gotten more. The only bugger in this is that we'll be without our best sniper against the hated Leafs. :angry:

Yeah, he deserved the suspension. A dumb play by him, especially given that the supposed headshot to which he was 'retaliating' was uncertain at best. He could have gotten more. The only bugger in this is that we'll be without our best sniper against the hated Leafs. :angry:

As a friend of mine said, one less star player for the Leafs to injure.

As a friend of mine said, one less star player for the Leafs to injure.

LOL

I have watched a bunch of their pre-season games and it is going to be a goon

show this year. Rosehill was running everybody that moved.

:lol: Zing.

The really scary thing here is that a human being can make $32,258.06 for a single day's work :rolleyes: Bring back Karl Marx, man.

Actually, I thought the stick waving and the jab at the face was worse than the actual slash itself. Disappointed a bit at Cam's lack of discipline...if it was really in response to a questionable hit, you have to think that teams will now being trying more to goad him into doing something stupid to get him off of his game. I am sorry he is going to miss the leaf game. That must be biting him more than the money...

Clean hit. Shoulder to shoulder. No head contact was made.

Cammi lost his cool. Don't know if he'll get suspended or not, probably only a game if he is, since he already got a game misconduct.

The new rule is that it doesn't matter how clean the hit is if it is a blindside hit, which it was. Cammy had no way of seeing the hit come, therefore it is a blindside hit under the new rule. I don't agree with the new rule, and it seems to be one that gives the refs alot of power as they can decide at any time what is and isn't a blindside hit and a major and game is a serious penalty. I hope ths rule doesn't effect the outcome of too many games this year.

I knew he would get one game, as it will help the Laughs. Not saying, just saying.....

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

The new rule is that it doesn't matter how clean the hit is if it is a blindside hit, which it was. Cammy had no way of seeing the hit come, therefore it is a blindside hit under the new rule. I don't agree with the new rule, and it seems to be one that gives the refs alot of power as they can decide at any time what is and isn't a blindside hit and a major and game is a serious penalty. I hope ths rule doesn't effect the outcome of too many games this year.

I knew he would get one game, as it will help the Laughs. Not saying, just saying.....

Either way, the suspension was justified. Just because Nino attempted such a hit doesn't give Cammalleri carte blanche to do whatever in retaliation. Both parties are guilty here. The stick to the face and slash justified a suspension, I thought one game was the right call. Conspiracy theories can be fun, but I'm not sure there is one here. :)

Come to think of it! What if Cammalleri would have dropped his gloves and ended up breaking his wrist or something and would be out of the line up for 30 games. Therefor I can live with a one game suspension which in the words of Red Fisher is a light sentence a slap on the wrist to say the least. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it! What if Cammalleri would have dropped his gloves and ended up breaking his wrist or something and would be out of the line up for 30 games. Therefor I can live with a one game suspension which in the words of Red Fisher is a light sentence a slap on the wrist to say the least. :rolleyes:

I would have prefered "Hey Moen, want to cheap shot this guy for me? I'll pay the beers."

I definitely agree that is was a cheap blindside attempt at a diliberate headshot. The only point I disagree with you on is the no way of seeing the hit comming. Luckily I beleive thats not true. Cammy must have seen him at the last second, and raised his shoulder up for the impact and turned away from it. Had Cammy not done that Cammy wouldnt have been suspeneded at all, more like carried away on a stretcher.

Its sad that last years leading playoff scorer could have knocked out of this season during a preseason game by a complete nobody and then he ends up getting suspeneded. Replace Cammy with Gretzky and the end result would be completely different.

No clue why some are suggesting Cammy has a lack of discipline. Cammy gets the least amount of penalties than anybody on the team for the amount games he played.

I definitely agree that is was a cheap blindside attempt at a diliberate headshot. The only point I disagree with you on is the no way of seeing the hit comming. Luckily I beleive thats not true. Cammy must have seen him at the last second, and raised his shoulder up for the impact and turned away from it. Had Cammy not done that Cammy wouldnt have been suspeneded at all, more like carried away on a stretcher.

Its sad that last years leading playoff scorer could have knocked out of this season during a preseason game by a complete nobody and then he ends up getting suspeneded. Replace Cammy with Gretzky and the end result would be completely different.

No clue why some are suggesting Cammy has a lack of discipline. Cammy gets the least amount of penalties than anybody on the team for the amount games he played.

I reckon it's because he lost his mind and stalked a kid all around the ice, slashing at him multiple times. ^_^ Granted he doesn't do that every day, but he was certainly indisciplined on this occasion.

Thus, I would agree that Cammy is mostly disciplined.

I don't see any way that we can detetrmine whether Nino was aiming for the head. He didn't leave his feet, he aimed with his shoulder and made shoulder contact, despite having 5 inches on Cammalleri (and Cammy was crouched a bit because he had the puck). Maybe Nino shouldn't make hits like that, but I think he felt it wasn't blindside, regardless. I just don't see any attempt by him to hit the head. If he wanted to hit the head, he would have.

I also don't think Cammalleri's stick to the face thing was that bad... I've heard people say he could've took out his eye. He clearly knew what he was doing with the stick... just like he does when it's on the ice. He tried to cut his cheek. That's what he got. That's not noble, but it's not like he was aiming for a vital organ. The slash to the ankle wasn't hard enough to break, but hard enough to hurt. That's what deserved the suspension. If he had really hurt him, he would have gotten more.

Have I heard right? Carey Price will not play tonight because of the flu or something? My prediction for tommorrow's game is 5-1 for Toronto with or without Price.

Yeah, Price is out for the moment. Could be back by tomorrow, who knows.

No Cammy, no Price, no Hammer, no Markov...sheesh :blink: Looks like we're picking up right where we left off last season in terms of lost man-games.

In a way, having Auld get lit up might make people begin to realize the value of Price to this team. Could be a case of short-term pain for long-term gain. But Auld's a pro, don't bet on him folding in his first game with ye Habs - assuming he plays.

what if we are massively outplayed, and win 1-0 because Auld stands on his head... here we go with the goalie crap. :)

Frankly, I assume this will be a loss. Toronto will come out firing on all cylinders while the habs who are healthy will be slow to get going. Leaf fans will then be talking about the cup run they are going on.

Yeah, Price is out for the moment. Could be back by tomorrow, who knows.

No Cammy, no Price, no Hammer, no Markov...sheesh :blink: Looks like we're picking up right where we left off last season in terms of lost man-games.

In a way, having Auld get lit up might make people begin to realize the value of Price to this team. Could be a case of short-term pain for long-term gain. But Auld's a pro, don't bet on him folding in his first game with ye Habs - assuming he plays.

what if we are massively outplayed, and win 1-0 because Auld stands on his head... here we go with the goalie crap. :)

Frankly, I assume this will be a loss. Toronto will come out firing on all cylinders while the habs who are healthy will be slow to get going. Leaf fans will then be talking about the cup run they are going on.

Yes, I'm generally resigned to some sort of BS going down when we play the Leafs, especially for a 'big game.' It's either a huge injury (c.f. Markov) or some idiotic call or non-call...a circus is guaranteed, usually in the Leafs' favour.

Yes, I'm generally resigned to some sort of BS going down when we play the Leafs, especially for a 'big game.' It's either a huge injury (c.f. Markov) or some idiotic call or non-call...a circus is guaranteed, usually in the Leafs' favour.

Harry Neal,Bob Cole,Don Cherry and the entire CBC crew always gang up on us because they are sore loosers. They actually need the help of the referees to always give Toronto the chance to come back. Toronto Maple Laughs play like a bunch of Sissy's. I've never been a separatist but seeing ugly faces like theirs I certainly don't enjoy sharing the same citizenship. :angry:

Harry Neal,Bob Cole,Don Cherry and the entire CBC crew always gang up on us because they are sore loosers. They actually need the help of the referees to always give Toronto the chance to come back. Toronto Maple Laughs play like a bunch of Sissy's. I've never been a separatist but seeing ugly faces like theirs I certainly don't enjoy sharing the same citizenship. :angry:

Hee hee...imagine becoming a separatist because you hate the Leafs :lol: There's a scenario I never even considered.

Hee hee...imagine becoming a separatist because you hate the Leafs :lol: There's a scenario I never even considered.

First really appealing argument I've ever heard!

I want a win tomorrow! So there. :hockey:

Go Habs GO!