Injuries: Finger

Puck Drop: 7 PM EST TV: CBC, RDS Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Get pumped for the season:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO HABS GO !!!

I am hoping to see us both start and finish the season better than we did last year.

Starting Auld is a good move. If we lose it would give the Price bashers to much ammo.

I am really hoping to see us blow them out, as we will a few times this year I am sure.

Predict Auld starting a goalie debate (It wouldn't be Montreal without one) with the shutout, as was mentined in the Cammy thread.

Subban on the PP, Pleks (2), and a grinder crashes one in.

4 nill Habs. I am really liking a 2nd line matchup. That is what I am calling. Oh and no more injuries, please! Pleks line could totally run over Grabovski's line.

Nice work on the GDT. I really prefer that box type lineups. Easy to see the matchups. We "should" be a better team even with the key players we have out.

Too bad for the leaf fans that they don't have Seguin in their lineup. Great move by Boston.

Hears to a great season. Cheers!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Well i will be happy with them being around 500 until Hamrlik and Markov are back. That third pairing is barely an AHL pairing. I have no idea why they are starting Auld, i don't see a reason to protect Price. Not having Cammi will cost them tonight. Not enough finishers in that line up.

I am hoping for the best tonight.

I do think the roster when healthy is deeper. They are younger, grittier and faster.

Go Habs

Price has the flu. They are only trying to protect him from throwing up.

Well i will be happy with them being around 500 until Hamrlik and Markov are back. That third pairing is barely an AHL pairing. I have no idea why they are starting Auld, i don't see a reason to protect Price. Not having Cammi will cost them tonight. Not enough finishers in that line up.

I am hoping for the best tonight.

I do think the roster when healthy is deeper. They are younger, grittier and faster.

Go Habs

I have no idea why they are starting Auld, i don't see a reason to protect Price.

Price has the flu. After :puke: for a couple of days, a body needs time to recover. No reason to send out a half-healthy Price

:hlogo: :clap: :hlogo:

GO HABS GO!

This has to be an inspired game, I'd like to see Subban in particular but the entire team as a hole along with the newbies, pick up the passion where they left it in the playoffs...

Lets play this game and every game like its a game 7 playoff game. Time to leave it on the ice.

GO HABS GO!

Lets see:

- Under rated by TSN: CHECK

- Called out for our players height: CHECK

- Last year was a fluke: CHECK

- No chance to make the playoffs: CHECK

- Early season injuries: CHECK

Boys this adds up to a great recipe for the habs to shock again.

Imagine how much pressure is on TB, even though they haven't done anything in years, flying under the radar will suit this team well.

Prediction 5-2 Habs

Thanks, i didn't realize he was sick.

They would be sending quite a contradictory message if they dressed Auld for the opener

after placing the franchise in Price's hands 3 months ago.

Lets see:

Imagine how much pressure is on TB, even though they haven't done anything in years, flying under the radar will suit this team well.

Prediction 5-2 Habs

lol!!!

Go Habs Go :hlogo:

Lets see:

Prediction 5-2 Habs

Hee hee...it's the same garbage year after year. If Cammy, Gio, Gomez, Markov, Price and Subban were Leafs, we'd be hearing all about the 'plucky Leafs' with their 'talented core' and our excellent 'mix of skilled veterans and exciting young stars.' We'd also be hearing story after story about the 'miracle run' of 2010 and see highlights of the Pittsburgh and Washington series rebroadcast ad nauseum and celebrated over and over as some sort of historic achievement or 'return to past glory.' But no; instead it's all 'smurfs smurfs smurfs, Price sucks sucks sucks, fluke fluke fluke, now let's move on and talk about what a Great Leader and Human Being Dion Phaneuf is.'

Now I don't expect anyone to rate us as contenders. But to see a Stanley Cup semi-finalist with the playoff goal-scoring leader, one of the best young defenceman - and yes, I said it, best young goalies - in all of hockey, one of the best defencemen in hockey period (Markov), and a dressing room littered with Cup rings, being universally dismissed as a hopeless mediocrity *is* a bit rich. We've made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years and gone past the first round 3 times in that span. At some point they should wake up and smell the coffee: this may not be 1977, but when it comes to making the dance and doing at least some damage, don't bet against the Montreal Canadiens.

All that being said? I predict a loss tonight. Too many missing pieces, with the Laffs and their crowd too likely to be hysterically hopped-up. I'll be happy if we work hard and show some cohesion and most importantly, don't suffer a catastrophic injury either through an unpenalized cheap shot or else sheer bad luck. And a further prediction: expect Habs fans to be rending their garments and calling for heads to roll after that one loss, forgetting that a team without Markov, Hamrlik, Price, and Cammy is simply NOT representative of what the Habs can do. After a while, you realize that some things are just inevitable.

Hee hee...it's the same garbage year after year. If Cammy, Gio, Gomez, Markov, Price and Subban were Leafs, we'd be hearing all about the 'plucky Leafs' with their 'talented core' and our excellent 'mix of skilled veterans and exciting young stars.' We'd also be hearing story after story about the 'miracle run' of 2010 and see highlights of the Pittsburgh and Washington series rebroadcast ad nauseum and celebrated over and over as some sort of historic achievement or 'return to past glory.' But no; instead it's all 'smurfs smurfs smurfs, Price sucks sucks sucks, fluke fluke fluke, now let's move on and talk about what a Great Leader and Human Being Dion Phaneuf is.'

Now I don't expect anyone to rate us as contenders. But to see a Stanley Cup semi-finalist with the playoff goal-scoring leader, one of the best young defenceman - and yes, I said it, best young goalies - in all of hockey, one of the best defencemen in hockey period (Markov), and a dressing room littered with Cup rings, being universally dismissed as a hopeless mediocrity *is* a bit rich. We've made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years and gone past the first round 3 times in that span. At some point they should wake up and smell the coffee: this may not be 1977, but when it comes to making the dance and doing at least some damage, don't bet against the Montreal Canadiens.

All that being said? I predict a loss tonight. Too many missing pieces, with the Laffs and their crowd too likely to be hysterically hopped-up. I'll be happy if we work hard and show some cohesion and most importantly, don't suffer a catastrophic injury either through an unpenalized cheap shot or else sheer bad luck. And a further prediction: expect Habs fans to be rending their garments and calling for heads to roll after that one loss, forgetting that a team without Markov, Hamrlik, Price, and Cammy is simply NOT representative of what the Habs can do. After a while, you realize that some things are just inevitable.

Very true the only funny part is that Toronto only needs to show up for their games to get champion treatment from CBC and more recognition then we got and will get for our run last year.

Oh well I guess it makes it that much sweeter for us when Toronto misses the playoffs again, and we continue on our quest.

They still talk about the plucky 1993 Maple Leafs like what they accomplished was significant.

The narrative has been created that the 1993 Maple Leafs were warriors that battled to the brink of victory even though they were undermanned and were valiant in defeat. The same season the Canadiens who had the EXACT same road to travel were cast as fluking out a championship on the back of a Penguins upset and a miracle goaltending performance.

Same as last season. Halak saves the day. Even Mckenzie at TSN has bought into the story with his

"The Canadiens barely made the playoffs with Halak, no Halak, probably no playoffs" totally misrepresenting the fact that Cammalleri, Markov and Gionta all missed a quarter or more of the season.

It is what it is, you can't control bias in the media. It's better to ignore them.

Edited by Wamsley01

They still talk about the plucky 1993 Maple Leafs like what they accomplished was significant.

The narrative has been created that the 1993 Maple Leafs were warriors that battled to the brink of victory even though they were undermanned and were valiant in defeat. The same season the Canadiens who had the EXACT same road to travel were cast as fluking out a championship on the back of a Penguins upset and a miracle goaltending performance.

Same as last season. Halak saves the day. Even Mckenzie at TSN has bought into the story with his

"The Canadiens barely made the playoffs with Halak, no Halak, probably no playoffs" totally misrepresenting the fact that Cammalleri, Markov and Gionta all missed a quarter or more of the season.

It is what it is, you can't control bias in the media. It's better to ignore them.

100%. And I do ignore them, as a rule (much as I ignore nearly anything said on RDS relating to French-Canadian hockey players). What does surprise me is the complete absence of a learning curve. 5 out of 6 playoff seasons, a 60% success rate in escaping the first round, you'd *think* that eventually they'd start to acknowledge that the Habs keep proving them wrong. Ah well.

This maybe isn't the right thread in which to raise this, but what worries me about this season is the power play. As much as people hate MAB, we forget that his presence was necessitated by a PP power outage due to the absence of a bullet from the point. Now he is out of the picture and the danger is that the Habs - already a dismal 5-on-5 team - will suffer from a gravely weakened powerplay in consequence. This isn't a theme I've seen addressed much and it strikes me as ominous. If we have an Achillies' Heel it could prove to be that.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

100%. And I do ignore them, as a rule (much as I ignore nearly anything said on RDS relating to French-Canadian hockey players). What does surprise me is the complete absence of a learning curve. 5 out of 6 playoff seasons, a 50% success rate in escaping the first round, you'd *think* that eventually they'd start to acknowledge that the Habs keep proving them wrong. Ah well.

This maybe isn't the right thread in which to raise this, but what worries me about this season is the power play. As much as people hate MAB, we forget that his presence was necessitated by a PP power outage due to the absence of a bullet from the point. Now he is out of the picture and the danger is that the Habs - already a dismal 5-on-5 team - will suffer from a gravely weakened powerplay in consequence. This isn't a theme I've seen addressed much and it strikes me as ominous. If we have an Achillies' Heel it could prove to be that.

It's a legit concern considering that it only clicked at an 8% clip after Markov went down in the playoffs

after hitting for 19% through the first 8 games.

That being said it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Eller, Subban, Boyd and a healthy Cammalleri, Gionta can

improve their even strength play.

If I learned anything from last season it is not to underestimate the resilience of this team.

4-3 win in overtime is my prediction. We always need overtime gainst those damn Leafs it seems.

Hey everyone! I am so excited for the first game of the season, it's like anything can happen! My boundless optimism is just me trying not to be nervous about everything that can go wrong. Starting with, first games in Toronto have not favoured us. I'm kinda glad Cammy won't be playing tonight, at least it means he can't be injured by a Leaf or a freak accident. Happy Markov's sitting this out too.

I wonder what our D is gonna be like, with P.K., Picard et al.

First goal? Pleks. Or someone unexpected, like Eller or Boyd.

GO HABS GO!!