GDT: Habs @ Sabres

bar

I like Gill sticking up for Gionta at the end. But big win for the Hbas. We werent great but our defense held us in there. Good for Price to get the win. He's been solid all year. Probably gonna see Auld vs. his old team tmrw.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Gill sticking up for Gionta at the end. But big win for the Hbas. We werent great but our defense held us in there. Good for Price to get the win. He's been solid all year. Probably gonna see Auld vs. his old team tmrw.

God I hope not! After the lingering effects of the Martin signing last year, that's the signing that has me the most worried!

Ya, I think we see Price again tomorrow. Alex Auld is a pro for sure, but it's not like last season with two number one goalies. That's the fourth strong performance in a row from Carey, just what he needed to do.

Ya, I think we see Price again tomorrow. Alex Auld is a pro for sure, but it's not like last season with two number one goalies. That's the fourth strong performance in a row from Carey, just what he needed to do.

we should be riding him as much as possible early on. he should be well rested. He's played what - parts of 7 games since last April. I don't want to see Auld more then once in a 10 game period unless we have a stretch of a lot of back to back games.

4 seconds left in the third..

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

HABS WIN !

woo hoo !

thank God... that was a nail biter. I need a drink.

GO HABS GO!

LOL gotta love the linesman's brain fart to amp up that Buffalo frustration :P

we should be riding him as much as possible early on. he should be well rested. He's played what - parts of 7 games since last April. I don't want to see Auld more then once in a 10 game period unless we have a stretch of a lot of back to back games.

Ya Jaques Martin is now saying that Price is expected to play Saturday as well. He says he has not had enough time to become tired yet. I like the move since I think Price gives us a much better chance to win than Auld. 

Dull game to watch, everybody agrees to that.

I must apologize: Picard had a good game. I still am not sure that he is a bonafide NHLer, but he looked at his place yesterday night.

Pouliot had his best moment when he was reunited with Gomez and... Lapierre, at the end of the 3rd. I thought that it might be indicative of Gomez and Gionta's problems. Is it possible that these two players have played so much together that they tend to rely too much on each other. Consequently, they forget that there is another skater on their line. They also become too much predictable in their action, which is a big help for the other team...

The Plekanec line was not exactly the French Connection either (for those who remember the vintage Sabres from the 1970s). Kostitsyn had a fair match, but Plex and Cammy were less than average. No wonder we scored only two goals from two defensemen...

Anyhow, I think that Martin will have no choice but to shuffle his lines once again if he wants to find better connections. The original pairings (G & G and P &C) should be broken up. It would give the coach a lot of options to build two offensive lines. Here are a few examples:

Pouliot-Gomez-Lapierre (Martin may have found something)

Pouliot-Plekanec-Gionta

Pouliot-Gomez-Cammalleri

Kostitsyn-Gomez-Cammelleri

Eller-Gomez-Kostitsyn

Pouliot-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta

Eller-Plekanec-Lapierre

That's just a few. The idea is to bring new blood on the first lines. We can't have our top two lines playing on only two cylinders. Let's remodel the offense.

BTW, I don't see the Sabres making the playoffs this year.

Edited by JCPetit

Price hasn't had time to be tired and he's playing great.. he should play tonight for sure. I just hope Martin sees it that way...

Personally, I wouldn't be averse to trying Lapierre/Gomez/Pouliot. That line would represent an intriguing combination of agitation (Laps) skill (Gomer) and what so far has been some moderate physical play coupled with some moderate skill (Pouliot).

I liked the Habs game - we basically controlled the play most of the night - and I respect the Sabres, but hoo boy, you really have to wonder about them. They looke very weak last night.

Is it me or passes were really sloppy for both teams? Especially in the first, it looked liked nobody wanted the puck :lol: Sabres looked sharper than that when they played the Sens and we looked sharper against the Pens too...

Is it me or passes were really sloppy for both teams? Especially in the first, it looked liked nobody wanted the puck :lol: Sabres looked sharper than that when they played the Sens and we looked sharper against the Pens too...

You're right. Gorges said after the game that the ice was in bad shape.