GDT: Sens @ Habs

bar

Which brings us back to the thread of lazy journalism.

Imagine a day in the life of Red Fisher...

Stroll into the office at 4am (we all know people of his age don't sleep much);

have 8 cups of coffee;

hit on the secretary with my old man charm;

have the secretaries snicker at me;

talk to other sports guys about how bad the last Habs game was;

sit in my cubicle and contemplate what I might write today;

write absolutely anything I feel like, regardless of whether it makes any sense;

send it in;

read yesterday's newspaper;

go home and knit;

and on game days, go watch the game, live, for free, on the gazette's coin.

Internet? What's that?

"They have internet on computer now??!" - H. Simpson

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is Andrei's contract year. he's playing for a new contract. maybe we should just give him year to year contract. maybe we finally found a way to motivate him..

Not sure abot that. I dont think that is a fair statement. Why must the reason for his improved play be because its a contract year? In retrospect I am wondering if the Habs should have ever drafted Sergei? This year AK isnt being constantly distracted by his lil brothers antics. Either way its hard to deny AK is playing alot better this year. Theres definitely other factors for AK other than that it is a contract year for him, like no longer having to baby sit his lil bro. AK can now focus on hockey.

Not sure abot that. I dont think that is a fair statement. Why must the reason for his improved play be because its a contract year? In retrospect I am wondering if the Habs should have ever drafted Sergei? This year AK isnt being constantly distracted by his lil brothers antics. Either way its hard to deny AK is playing alot better this year. Theres definitely other factors for AK other than that it is a contract year for him, like no longer having to baby sit his lil bro. AK can now focus on hockey.

And how is this supposed to be a fair statement ?

In all honesty, what is the expectation on a "horrible goal"?

The goal Fleury gave up last Saturday is a horrible goal. The third goal last night was a top line player cutting to the

net and making a fool of Spacek while he lifted a backhand under Price's arm while he was moving laterally.

Does he need to stop that puck? In that situation with the expectations on him, yes we need him to make that save.

A goaltender should maintain the attitude that if it goes through me then I could have stopped it. So that goes for five

hole or under the arm, but it doesn't mean it is a bad goal. A quick release, the location of the puck on the stick, a good

fake, a screen or a tip can all lead to misjudging or whiffing on these type of shots.

Is it a horrible goal? No, that is the type of attitude that has lead to the fan base piling on him for nothing. I am sure

Price would love to have it back, but good players make good plays and score goals. Simple as that.

With all due respect, that was a lousy goal. Maybe not as horrible as the Gomez goal on Fleury last week, but it was a shot Carey had to stop. I also blame Spacek for that goal. He was lousy on that play!

I still think Carey played a good game. Like I said in my previous post, last season Carey would have lost that game, but this year he seems to be focused and is making some big saves.

All goalies let in a bad goal once in a while, but when it counts the most, that's when they come up big. (ie: Carey's glove save on Regin towards the end of the second period) That save allowed the Habs to be tied 3-3 after 40 minutes.

Edited by Habsfan

Wether Andrei Kostitsyn's great play of late is a result of his lil brother being in Nashville or a new contract time will only tell. In the words of Guy Carbonneau " In time the true story will come out.' I think that we can all agree with that! :hlogo: