TSN Becomes Habs' English regional broadcaster

dlbalr

For those of you in the Montreal and surrounding regions, TSN has picked up an additional 24 Habs games this season to be broadcast on the TSN Alternate Feed, as well as 30+ games in each of the next two seasons. If memory serves me right, TheScore had the broadcast rights for the past few years (having outbid SNET for them the last time the rights came up) but couldn't do anything with it as they didn't have an alternate channel.

The first game is on Monday night for those interested. Dave Randorf and ex-Hab Mike Johnson are the PBP crew. Coupled with the national broadcast games, TSN now has 40 Montreal games this season.

Press Release: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=338180

Schedule and broadcast territory: http://www.tsn.ca/habs/

Sweet!

I have RDS HD but it will be nice to watch some English Habs without Cherry and the other Leaf Lovers.

They just get replaced by Pierre McGuire unfortunately.

Bah I doubt my provider will get it here on the east coast.

Actually, I think this is for all of eastern Canada (from eastern ontario to the maritimes)

They just get replaced by Pierre McGuire unfortunately.

You missed the part in the announcement where it said that Dave Randorf and Mike Johnson will be the broadcast crew for the regional broadcasts.

You missed the part in the announcement where it said that Dave Randorf and Mike Johnson will be the broadcast crew for the regional broadcasts.

That doesn't mean McGuire won't be in the studio for intermission.

That doesn't mean McGuire won't be in the studio for intermission.

I can't remember the last time I sat and watched a TSN intermission. Intermission means getting food, beer, and watching another game for five minutes. Then again, for me the games start at 5/5:30.... you guys have probably already ate by puck drop.

I can't remember the last time I sat and watched a TSN intermission. Intermission means getting food, beer, and watching another game for five minutes. Then again, for me the games start at 5/5:30.... you guys have probably already ate by puck drop.

I have the game on, I do my flipping with GameCenter.

Although I'm not a fan of TSN I would still consider it an upgrade from CBC maple laughs. Beats me why they think that the maple laughs are Canada's team. If my memory serves me right it was the habs that the national soviet team played against in that historic game not the maple laughs. It makes me wonder who gave these morons the right to place the hockey hall of fame museum in toronto. I only can hope that Nassim Kadri will one day play for the real men (Habs) rather than play with women in toronto.

Edited by nikohab

As per McGuire's daily appearance on local radio, he's getting a two minute taped piece on each broadcast. Perfect timing to use the washroom, and refill my drink. Maybe 3 minutes, max.

Edited by Habsy

So what channel # is the TSN alternate feed on if one has Videotron?

I have videotron (illico)

TSN is channel 60

TSN2 is channel 81

TSNHD is 660

TSN2 HD is 681

not sure if I understand correctly, but TSN is 28 with basic Videotron cable.

I think he's asking which channel the alternate feed is on - there's 3 TSN's in total, regular TSN, TSN2, and TSN Alt (where the game will be).

I think he's asking which channel the alternate feed is on - there's 3 TSN's in total, regular TSN, TSN2, and TSN Alt (where the game will be).

That's correct. What channel is Alt TSN on Videotron?

It isn't on there yet from the sounds of things.

I sent Videotron an email asking them about adding TSN Alt. Feed to their lineup, this is their reply back to me:

<<

We want to thank you for taking the time to write to us.

TSN announced that it has acquired the rights to broadcast 24 games of the regional Montreal Canadians in English. These games will not be presented on TSN or TSN2, but at another position which will not in itself be an official channel and will be functional only when these games will be broadcasted.

Please note that TSN already has broadcast rights to 16 games of the Montreal Canadians who will be featured on their regular channels. The games for which the chain has recently acquired the broadcast rights are not and were not presented by any other English broadcasters before this new agreement. The broadcasting of games on Saturday are the property of CBC, while RDS has the exclusive broadcast rights for all Canadiens games in French.

For now, no agreement has occurred between TSN and Videotron on the possible introduction of these 24 games. Since your opinion is important to us, we have forwarded your interest for this channel to our marketing department. New content generating strong demand may lead to its inclusion in our services in the future.

We hope this explanation has been helpful. Do not hesitate to contact us again for any further information you may need. Our customer service department will be pleased to answer you as soon as possible.

Videotron customer service

Our website: http://www.videotron.com

>>