The PK Subban Thread

habs_25th

I've been a huge fan of PK when I first saw this him get drafted and he talked about his dream of playing for his favourite team. Then he killed it at the World Championships and with the Bulldogs. He is the most exciting player to play for Montreal in a long time and it looks like he's the real deal that will just get better and better. I predict that he will be a top candidate for rookie of the year and a Norris contender for years.

Anyway I'm starting this cuz I think PK deserves his own thread!

I agree that he is the most exciting player that we've had come along in a long time. I can't even think of the last rookie (excluding Price) that had so much hype and potential. He is so naturally talented and even as a rookie seems to be on a different skill level than most NHLers. Once the mental part of his game catches up with the rest of his game, it isn't a stretch to think of him as a Norris trophy candidate for years to come. He also plays with alot of passion and has an edge to him. He makes things happen out there and it's a breath of fresh air to see a habs take chances and use their talent. You can definitely tell that his teammates sort of lean on him to get the offensive rush/breakout going. It's a bit dishearting though when PK carries the puck through the neutral zone going 100 mph and then just passes it to a forward who is nearly standing still. I think once they figure out a more effective way to utilize that weapon, the even strength goals will increase. But yeah, I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the Subbanator.

Edited by illWill

Yes, this guy is the real deal. I'm generally not big on hype for rookies, but this is different. He simply oozes natural talent. He is a sure-fire future all-star and possible superstar defenceman who, barring injury and the Montreal Disease of damagingly inflated ego/partying, will become the defining face of the franchise for the next 15 years (along with Price, perhaps). He is that rarest of articles, the Can't Miss Kid. I'm savouring every second.

I too am a huge PK fan, it's finally nice to see the Habs with a legitimate world class (potential) on D. I like Markov but I think PK has way more upside than Markov ever had - will have.

One thing I firmly believe PK is lacking in his game and he will need to address this very soon is his toughness, he can hit, and evidenced by the way he is being run he surely can take a hit, but it's time to pay the piper and send a message to the league, running PK will come with a heavy price to pay, i.e. him shit stomping someone or several people. He to me seems a little on the skiddish side when scrums ensue. He does not have to Shane Corson someone but he sure as hell better do half of what Corson could do, it's a game/team/season changer when you can play a guy 20-25 minutes and every player in the arena knows if the line is crossed PK will set them straight (not including goons, I am talking your more than 90 seconds of ice time per game player)

The Foligno incident was bush league, PK had no chance as he got jumped, but think he hesitated with Regin and yapped when he should have just dropped the gloves and let his fists do the talking, that was the perfect opportunity and player to send the message with.

He had lot's of PIM in JR and the Hammer, did he drop the gloves often enough to keep opponents honest????

I agree. He needs to pound the sh!t out of someone. He is getting run way too much. But to be fair he is seen as a mouthy kid, so if he would tone down the yap a bit, that might help too.

he shouldnt change at all, he should just drop the gloves a few times but pick the guys he fight carefully and not go with guys out of his weight class.

he shouldnt change at all, he should just drop the gloves a few times but pick the guys he fight carefully and not go with guys out of his weight class.

Are you listening to Don Cherry re: PK? Don Cherry has been on PK's back since the season started, as far as I am concerned PK should continue to be PK and if talking is part of his game then let it be. As for Don Cherry and his comments, let me just say Hockey has past him by and his comments are no longer relevant. I change the station when he comes on.

Are you listening to Don Cherry re: PK? Don Cherry has been on PK's back since the season started, as far as I am concerned PK should continue to be PK and if talking is part of his game then let it be. As for Don Cherry and his comments, let me just say Hockey has past him by and his comments are no longer relevant. I change the station when he comes on.

no i watch most games on rds...I said he shouldnt change his game..Fighting to protect your self and your team mates is not changing his game its leting the players knows their a price to pay...Iam not saying he should be a fighter but i dont see a problem with him fighting a couple times a year, almost all great leaders well drop the gloves onces in a while...

Edited by KEEP26