Defence:
Jovanovski - Morris
Aucoin - Ekman-Larsson
Yandle - Schlemko

Goaltenders:
Bryzgalov

Bar's key to the game:
1. G and G Part IV: do something!
2. JM, please give Eller or Pouliot a shot with GG or are least give Eller a shot with Laps and Pouliot.
3. Get out early and get to Bryzy. Edited by bar

Habs lines are fine, same as last game.

As for Phoenix:

Upshall - Turris - Wolski

Pyatt - Fiddler - Stempniak

Whitney - Belanger - Vrbata

Bissonette - Ebbett - Korpikoski

Jovanovski - Morris

Aucoin - Ekman-Larsson

Yandle - Schlemko

Bryzgalov in net, no Doan for the Yotes due to suspension while Hanzal is out another 7-10 days.

Bar's key to the game:

1. G and G Part IV: do something!

2. JM, please give Eller or Pouliot a shot with GG or are least give Eller a shot with Laps and Pouliot.

If G&G can't do anything together soon, how about having Eller centre Gionta and Pouliot?

I also like what I've seen from Eller so far. But I'd give Pouliot another chance on the G and G line. He has played well so far (in case none of you noticed, but he leads all habs players with 28 hits). Give him 10 games with G and G. If nothing changes, then you can throw him on another line.

Edited by Habsfan

If G&G can't do anything together soon, how about having Eller centre Gionta and Pouliot?

I had that exact thought today.

I think if by game #12 - 15 Gomez hasn't gotten his Sh!t together, he'll be put on the 3rd line as a wake up call. JM tends to have more patience with veterans, so I can see him leaving it alone for a while. But if we lose a couple in a row, and Gomez is still invisible, it's a possibility!

A very structured and solid first period. Lines were moving the puck around very well..pass completions were crisp and on the tape. Unfortunately, the inability to capitalize on all of those powerplay opportunities may prove to be the difference maker. Let's hope that the guys can step it up and pot a few in the next 40

This team needs to find its power play. I know we are missing Markov, but this is brutal.

It blows my mind that Eller hasn't been given a shot on the PP.

GIVE ELLER MORE MINUTES!

God damnit JM. I like Pyatt...as a 3rd 4th liner...

I think jm is giving eller time to learn the nhl game and the habs system before putting him on the top line because if he goes on the top line and dont put up good numbers the halak lovers well be all over him and how we trade halak for a bum...right now jm is taking the heat for not playing him much and giving the kid time...i think this is a smart move...

Why did we get Eller when we have no room for him as a center? We need wingers, and he isn't a natural winger. Was there no one we could trade halak to who had a solid winger prospect?

I have to agree with McGuire that this is a strange decision when we locked up Pleks and Gomez for so long.

Why did we get Eller when we have no room for him as a center? We need wingers, and he isn't a natural winger. Was there no one we could trade halak to who had a solid winger prospect?

I have to agree with McGuire that this is a strange decision when we locked up Pleks and Gomez for so long.

i agree..i was thinking when we got eller we was going to let plex go or wecouldnt sign him...

I also like what I've seen from Eller so far. But I'd give Pouliot another chance on the G and G line. He has played well so far (in case none of you noticed, but he leads all habs players with 28 hits). Give him 10 games with G and G. If nothing changes, then you can throw him on another line.

I hadn't noted the hit stat. That says good things about his working out there. What's with his arrival with a splash and goals and then the slow descent? Is it just a matter of adjusting to Jaques Martin's defensive responsibilities? Adjusting to the new situation after the exhilaration of the new team?

Wow... we are drawing sooo many penalties tonigt... that Plecs!

You can't please everybody.

People have complained for years that we need a center with size, we finally acquire a young center with size and

now we don't need him because we have Gomez and Pleks locked up?

Gomez has 4 years left with the last 2 years being more friendly to trade or buy out. At that point he will be 33-34

and Eller will be 24 years old. The deal was not made with this season in mind, just like trading Halak and keeping

Price was not about 2011.

When Gomez is done as a number 2, then Eller will step up and become a scoring center. Patience is required, let

Eller apprentice on the lower lines and when he is ready I am sure he will get a chance. The kid is 21 and has played

exactly 14 career NHL games. Don't rush him.

Edited by Wamsley01

You can't please everybody.

People have complained for years that we need a center with size, we finally acquire a young center with size and

now we don't need him because we have Gomez and Pleks locked up?

Gomez has 4 years left with the last 2 years being more friendly to trade or buy out. At that point he will be 33-34

and Eller will be 24 years old. The deal was not made with this season in mind, just like trading Halak and keeping

Price was not about 2011.

When Gomez is done as a number 2, then Eller will step up and become a scoring center. Patience is required, let

Eller apprentice on the lower lines and when he is ready I am sure he will get a chance. The kid is 21 and has played

exactly 14 career NHL games. Don't rush him.

>>The kid is 21 and has played exactly 14 career NHL games. Don't rush him.<<

Hahaha. it's so easy to forget points like that . He['s hardly played more NHL game than me!

Only about 14 more!