GDT: October 30th, 2010 - Panthers @Habs

bar

I wish one of Eller or Pouliot would get it going, but I haven't been very impressed by either. So Gomez has nobody on one side and gionta with the yips on the other. I think Gomez would have 7 or so points right now if Gionta wasn't so cold. Add in the anemic powerplay, and someone like gomez can't get points.

right now, what Gionta needs is a couple of goals to get back in the groove. Maybe Gomez or Markov can bounce one in off his butt or something.

Another guy who could be scoring is Subban. He has a ton of shots on net, but can't get anyone to screen for him. I know he has a hard shot, but watching the forwards position themselves beside and behind the goalie is getting annoying. It seems to me that a single video session and a swift kick in the nads would fix that problem in short order.

While we are doing well, this is a game we would have a point in if the PP was working.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the lack of production of Eller and Pouliot on JM, they barely break 10 minutes in play time.

It's hard to give them more ice time when what you are doing is working. He is protecting Eller, and not pressuring him right away to perform. Same with Pouliot. With top line ice time comes top line resposnibility. I am a little disapointed with the lack of patience he gives young guys, but I dont think this is uncommon. most coaches will lean on their veterans a little more. Also Halpern Moen and Darche have earned any extra ice time they are getting. They are putting the biscuit in the basket. Or helping someone else do it

I think GOMEZ as been playing really good, its just Gionta cant score and i dont like Moen on that line...I think its time to give Eller or Pouliot along look or look at bring in another top 6 foward...

I just love the way Gomez carries the puck into the offensive zone. I also thought G&G were playing pretty well and expect a corner to be turned pretty soon. Just one of those things.

I am very pleased with the team we are icing generally and especially glad that the Price decision appears to have been well considered and good. He's been awsome at times.

I blame the lack of production of Eller and Pouliot on JM, they barely break 10 minutes in play time.

I am hearing on these boards that Gomez's lack of production has everything to do with the people around him, and nothing to do with Gomez? I would point out that Pouliot has twice as many points as either Gomez or Gionta with very limited ice time. Right now these two are producing at a rate off approx. $1/2M per goal, a rate a fourth liner would find himself out of the mix.

I am disappointed with Saturday's loss, but am very pleased with the overall record for the week.

What is JM waiting for to bench Spacek? This is getting to be ridiculous! The guy has been horrible in every single game he's played. Maybe O'Byrne deseres another chance. He was playing well at the beginning of the season.

Put Pouliot with Gomer and Gio for 10 games and leave him there. I'm sure Gio will come out of his funk and maybe it'll get Gomer to care a little more!

One thing some praise JM for is his loyalty to vets, and his short leash to the rooks. I wish it was the other way around, the rookies have to feel they can make mistakes and not be benched. PK makes mistakes, but works his butt off to recover and 9 times out of 10 does.

Spacey and Hammer has really lost a step, they just can't seem to put together full games, I don't know what the solution is. Trade? Waivers? You don't want to treat vets this way, going the waiver route, but the cap has made older, more expensive players redundant, you have to earn your pay more than ever.

I am hearing on these boards that Gomez's lack of production has everything to do with the people around him, and nothing to do with Gomez? I would point out that Pouliot has twice as many points as either Gomez or Gionta with very limited ice time. Right now these two are producing at a rate off approx. $1/2M per goal, a rate a fourth liner would find himself out of the mix.

Not entirely, Gomez shouldn't be absolved of all the blame here but it's not all him either. Gionta is in a funk, that's partly on him, not just Gomez, while Travis Moen isn't exactly a sniper - Gomez has made some good passes to him that he's just missed. Gomez needs to produce more, absolutely...but so too do his linemates. The linemates have to be held accountable for their lack of goals as well - if Gionta had 3 more goals (thus most likely Gomez with 3 more assists), we might not be having this discussion. I agree with you in that he's been disappointing thus far though...at least he's starting to shoot more now which is a positive sign.

Spacey and Hammer has really lost a step, they just can't seem to put together full games, I don't know what the solution is. Trade? Waivers? You don't want to treat vets this way, going the waiver route, but the cap has made older, more expensive players redundant, you have to earn your pay more than ever.

The waiver option on Spacek is non-existent, his cap hit is the same regardless of where (or if) he's playing.

Even if another team claims him? Or we bring him up on re-entrys?

If he were to be claimed or picked on re-entry, then there'd be savings. (Wishful thinking, I think.) However, even when he'd be technically on the Bulldogs' roster (after clearing waivers before re-entry), he'd still count against the cap.

If he were to be claimed or picked on re-entry, then there'd be savings. (Wishful thinking, I think.) However, even when he'd be technically on the Bulldogs' roster (after clearing waivers before re-entry), he'd still count against the cap.

I think Spacek can be a go vet on some other team but with us we got him playing on the wrong side and and his a left shoot which we got to many of..I really hope that we move him to van for Kevin Bieksa..Van gets a vet with leadership and we get a right hand shoot, we well have to add somthing but it might work..

I think Spacek can be a go vet on some other team but with us we got him playing on the wrong side and and his a left shoot which we got to many of..I really hope that we move him to van for Kevin Bieksa..Van gets a vet with leadership and we get a right hand shoot, we well have to add somthing but it might work..

The point of Vancouver moving Bieksa is to save cap space - Spacek makes more and has one more year, there'd be be no incentive for them to make sure a move.

Speaking of Spacek, he's likely to be a scratch tomorrow vs Columbus, Picard to take his place. Boyd also in for Pyatt apparently.

The point of Vancouver moving Bieksa is to save cap space - Spacek makes more and has one more year, there'd be be no incentive for them to make sure a move.

Speaking of Spacek, he's likely to be a scratch tomorrow vs Columbus, Picard to take his place. Boyd also in for Pyatt apparently.

Looked more like a practice shakeup than anything else to me... Gill and Gorges switching sides? Really?

I would say the reason he's switching sides is because we need one more D that is natural on the right side. I was a left defenseman in minor hockey. I literally couldn't play the right side! Everything changed. When the coach needed a big feller on the right side up front, he would switch me up there and it was pretty easy, but I was a pylon as a right defense. If O'Byrne is not in the line up, there are only two natural right defensemen. Gorges and Subaan. Left D are Picard, Hammer, Spacek, Markov, Gill. We have some good prospect right defensemen, so this should get better. Carle and Weber.

As for Spacek and his uselessness, I really think that part of his issue is that he is playing teh right side. I really wish Martin would juggle to get him on the left side before he benches him. Hammer has not been great either. He certainly isn't earning his 5.5 million this year.

Looked more like a practice shakeup than anything else to me... Gill and Gorges switching sides? Really?

Not necessarily. Markov-Picard (Picard shifts sides), Hamrlik-Subban (no change), Gill-Gorges (no change). I must say I'm a little worried about Picard with Markov though.

Not necessarily. Markov-Picard (Picard shifts sides), Hamrlik-Subban (no change), Gill-Gorges (no change). I must say I'm a little worried about Picard with Markov though.

If Picard can play the right side, O'Byrne should be very worried