Scratches: Stafford, Rivet, Butler

Injuries: Connolly

Team Stats/Notes:

Record: 14-8-1 (1st in Northeast)

Scratches: Boyd, Y. Weber

Injuries: Markov

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC Radio: CJAD,CKAC

Last Meeting:

This team has to find it's scoring. We can debate and ho-hum over Pouliot, Eller, Laps, Pyatt all we want, bottom line is the big guys have not been producing either lately or all season. In a cap era you have to earn your pay more than ever. Two games ago Gomez looked to be a different player, but last night be regressed, you can add me to the officially worried list.

This team has to find it's scoring. We can debate and ho-hum over Pouliot, Eller, Laps, Pyatt all we want, bottom line is the big guys have not been producing either lately or all season. In a cap era you have to earn your pay more than ever. Two games ago Gomez looked to be a different player, but last night be regressed, you can add me to the officially worried list.

I have backed off that debate since I don't believe they will do anything if they stay in good shape. However if they go into a tail spin, they won't be able to get Gomez to the train station quick enough.

I have backed off that debate since I don't believe they will do anything if they stay in good shape. However if they go into a tail spin, they won't be able to get Gomez to the train station quick enough.

It's the old argument, if it ain't broke, do you try and fix it anyways? The best thing possible right now is for the Habs to tread water, playing a little over .500 - if they can play better, that's best but likely unrealistic. Stay healthy and preserve cap space for a bigger move down the stretch. As for Gomez, he's not going anywhere regardless of how well or how poorly he plays - the contract is really hard to move right now and they won't eat it and pay him to play for Hamilton. It's a non-issue to me right now since it is what it is.

Well, I'll be at the girlfriend's Christmas party tonight and missing this one. Hope to see a bounceback after last night's stinker... with 3 days off between games, they'd better give it their all.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

For now at least, though likely not much longer. Confirmed, no changes for the Habs tonight, Boyd can't ever get a chance...

Not that I don't agree with ya Brian, but who'd ya sit for him? If it was Gomez I'd be cool with it.

The dreaded 3 goal lead in the third.... :wacko:

if Gionta keeps this up hes on pace for a 125 goal season. Probably his best.

It's obvious that the Leafs are a lot tougher this year. It's tough to lose that often.

I'm still amazed at how brilliant Price has been. Thank you Unlcle Bob.

Dat's one BIG GOALIE!

Edited by Toronthab

Cherry's a hypocrite..............I remember when he "coached" the Ice Dogs and he had cocky players ie Sullivan and he said nothing to them about showboating. Then again he basically stood behind the bench (to sell tickets) and had his assistants running the bench/talking to the players; but he did sign autographs on the way to/from the bench :rolleyes:

I don't mind Subban getting called out now - the way he handled himself against Atlanta and even tonight with Myers at the end isn't helping his cause. Take a hint, P.K., the people calling you out may be on to something. He needs to be the bigger man and know when to back away and live to fight another day (figuratively speaking) - hopefully he gets the message soon. I anticipate that teams will be taking repeated runs at him in the near future knowing that eventually, he'll snap and take a penalty or fight. Either way, he's off the ice which is to the opponent's benefit, not the Habs'.

As promised, the HW 3 Stars - sadly, they're the same as the official ones but I had mine picked well before the end of the game...heck, I wrote Gionta's blurb halfway through the 3rd.

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2282

Brian I disagree with you about PK tonight, people are blaming the victim, not the people taking the cheap shots. In atlanta he fought, not sure what part you did not like..the part where he mouthed after the fight cause Bogosian was still trying to punch when subban was on the ground?

Brian I disagree with you about PK tonight, people are blaming the victim, not the people taking the cheap shots. In atlanta he fought, not sure what part you did not like..the part where he mouthed after the fight cause Bogosian was still trying to punch when subban was on the ground?

I didn't like the mouthing before, during, and especially after the fight (at Bogo/Kane). Dropping the gloves to stick up for yourself is one thing, yapping to instigate one...not so much. As for tonight, you knew it was coming; yes, Myers had no need to do it but as I noted, the book on Subban is simple, go after him and he'll retaliate. Pick and choose your battles, stooping to Buffalo's level (as they've done more than once this year against the Habs) to try and start a fight (yes, Myers started it but Subban didn't have to go right back after him) after the game is largely unnecessary and will only provide more ammunition for more opponents to do the same. Just laugh and skate away, move on. It's certainly not entirely his fault tonight, but he's not absolved of the blame either.