Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
TV: TSN, RDS
Radio: CJAD, CKAC
Edited by dlbalr

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh. PK confirmed out for tonights game. Now it's just piling on. Makes no sense.

Based on the fact Martin doesn't change his lineup after a win, makes perfect sense. That said, I was advocating for Subban to be back tonight as well.

JM says he wants to create competition for spots, but really Subban has what +5, 9pts, this season, playing over 20 minutes. Until recently I believe his pts was tops on the team, he was asked to play a bigger role since Markov went down. This isn't any great analysis, but as a FAN, my game experience is lessened due to a player like Subban not being in the game.

Until last week, Subban had the team lead in D points (or was at least tied), Hamrlik's 5 point week vaulted him to the lead. If you try and look at the bright side, they'll at least get a decent feel for what Weber can do and how Picard handles playing with a lesser pairing mate.

To be fair, it isn't easy having 3 rookie defense. Picard is a sophmore I guess, but still. Picard and Weber are doing well right now, and you know that Subban will draw back in soon. Is this punishment, or a feeling out proccess? He can afford to play the other two defense and see how they are.

first of all i love subban but we all know he well be great but i think jm is taking a look at weber to see if his a guy you like to keep or move...face it after this year we got to take a look at our D and see who we like to keep, so i think this is just a test to see how weber can play in the nhl.

If the Habs match the Pens and go on a 10 game winning streak, yeah, we can wonder how P.K. is doing. It hasn't even been a week since P.K. last played.

And Weber is a part of this team's future if he earns it, as well. Just because he doesn't have Subban's upside doesn't make him disposable or somehow a problem for P.K.

And Weber is a part of this team's future if he earns it, as well. Just because he doesn't have Subban's upside doesn't make him disposable or somehow a problem for P.K.

Weber has been toiling in the minors for some time now, had an amazing start to the year in Hamilton and has fully earned a prolonged look in the big league (playing his natural position). Plus, having him gain some comfort at the NHL level can only be beneficial down the road. After all, at one point, the aging Gill, Spacek or Hamrlik will need a night or two off.

As a side note, I find we (being Montreal media, fans, writers etc.) are making a slightly big deal out of this. Subban is young, has much still to learn and has been making mistakes. Boiled down to the simplest point, this story really is just "Rookie gets benched". And, I can't help but wonder why this is so surprising or shocking to some.

I found it shocking because he hasn't played bad, he's been producing and IF he was not a rookie this would never have happened, and I think it's not fair. His 1-2 mistakes in the Oilers games pale in comparrision to the rest of the habs blue line this season, and I believe the habs are a better team with him in the lineup than not in the lineup.

Did anyone hear Darren Pang? I know he didn't mean to, but he was talking about how PK should model his game like Alex Petriangelo. He was a junior star, he plays well, and maintains his composure on and off the ice. "He needs to do it "the white way." then quickly corrected and said the right way. He did not intend racism, but I bet a big deal will be made of this.

I found it shocking because he hasn't played bad, he's been producing and IF he was not a rookie this would never have happened, and I think it's not fair. His 1-2 mistakes in the Oilers games pale in comparrision to the rest of the habs blue line this season, and I believe the habs are a better team with him in the lineup than not in the lineup.

It's not about only 1-2 mistakes versus the Oilers. The fact is, his play had been deteriorating somewhat of late. He has a tendency to hold on to the puck too long at times and gets many shots blocked. In fact, his 29 missed shots lead all blueliners. As far as production is concerned, in spite of playing an average 3:44 powerplay minutes per game, Subban has only 2 even-strength points in his last 15 games.

Nitpicking? Perhaps. No doubt Subban is immensely talented and has elite d-man potential. But he is not elite yet and has much to learn. Taking a step back and gaining some perspective can only be beneficial for him.

Over 7 minutes of PP time and nothing to show for it, that hurts. Gomez is absent from the bench as well. I have the TSN feed, they're not sure what's going on, did they mention anything on RDS?

THey're too busy talking about Weber being at fault for Kelly's penalty, for not properly angling.

Over 7 minutes of PP time and nothing to show for it, that hurts. Gomez is absent from the bench as well. I have the TSN feed, they're not sure what's going on, did they mention anything on RDS?

He's injured. Not sure what it is, but he saw the therapist at the end of the first and only played two shifts in the second before heading back to the dressing room.

Edited by l.moustakas