P.K. Subban

Wamsley01

He's a young guy that has always been larger than life. You can see it in the way he handles himself. I imagine he is pretty frustrated right now, and it may be affecting him personaly. I actually think the press should not even be at practice.

As for Plek, he just doesn't strike me as a guy that stirs the pot. Who knows though. Nobody knows who he is or what happened. This is not the way I invisioned PK's rookie season playing out. lol

Yeah, I'm reminded of what Carbo said of Price when he rationalized cutting him at training camp: "We know how he deals with highs, but we haven't seen him deal with lows." Subban is a fan favourite for his attitude during his highs. Now we see him experiencing lows and - like with Price - there are talks of immaturity and unprofessionalism.

There are lots of leaders on this team but I think Price is one that can really help Subban out of his slump. Subban needs to experience a shift in attitude similar to Price's during last year's playoffs. I don't think he's come to terms with not being a franchise d-man right off the bat.

slow media day - nothing else to report. Guys mixing it up in practice after a lousy loss and being scratched. Big friggin deal.

This is the same media that was going to report something so horrible that it would shake the foundations of the habs franchise - sad thing is that the clown who said that was made a Senator by the idiot Harper.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Martin has handled PK well to this point, but it is up to his teammates to help him along. I assume that is what is happening in practice...Not sure who is roomate is, but they should bunk him with J. Gorges...He'd learn some stuff through osmosis...

I do not agree with your statement Habiman. I think JM has not been fair in his treatment to PK and to all the rookies and younger players. I look around the league at the younger generation of players prospering and think, why can't the habs be like this? If Crosby or Ovie had of been drafted by the habs, would they even have had a chance to be great like they are?

I do not agree with your statement Habiman. I think JM has not been fair in his treatment to PK and to all the rookies and younger players. I look around the league at the younger generation of players prospering and think, why can't the habs be like this? If Crosby or Ovie had of been drafted by the habs, would they even have had a chance to be great like they are?

The players you see prospering are superstars, top 5 picks. Of course those players would do well in Montreal too it's just that the only top 5 pick we've had is Carey Price. How is he doing for us?

Subban will be alright, people just need to stop panicking that he's going to be ruined, players aren't nearly that fragile. The same week Subban was benched for the first time, the Bruins scratched 2nd overall pick Tyler Seguin and there wasn't nearly the same reaction.

The players you see prospering are superstars, top 5 picks. Of course those players would do well in Montreal too it's just that the only top 5 pick we've had is Carey Price. How is he doing for us?

Subban will be alright, people just need to stop panicking that he's going to be ruined, players aren't nearly that fragile. The same week Subban was benched for the first time, the Bruins scratched 2nd overall pick Tyler Seguin and there wasn't nearly the same reaction.

How many games was Seguin benched for to get a message across? Is he thrown out there as Picard as his partner? Who else has been benched by the Bruins (I believe Ryder and wheeler have also been benched). There is difference between the coach holding everyone accountable and just picking on the rookies.

The bruins are playing Seguin with established players, not marginal NHLers like Picard. They aren't banishing him to the pressbox. Subban is 21 years old not 18. This is the time to play him at least 15 minutes a game, or send him down so he is playing long minutes. Lastly you don't play a 21 year old dman 24 minutes in a game (most on the team) and then bench him for 3 games (I'd be confused as he'll if I was Subban), especially when those games are against bottom feeder teams. Then to top it off when you finally bring him back, it's for games against the top teams in the league????? That made zero sense when you have a young player struggling with his confidense.

I guess me and you have different beliefs Habiman. I beleive the best way for PK to learn, for ANY rookie is to play through mistakes. The benching message should be sent to vets who should KNOW better.

I guess me and you have different beliefs Habiman. I beleive the best way for PK to learn, for ANY rookie is to play through mistakes. The benching message should be sent to vets who should KNOW better.

You may be right....but, if your getting paid to play, then you should know better....I believe time is earned. Vets get a longer leash cause they've already earned that ...Last night's gaff was made by a selfish individual simply to send a message...my guess is the message was "don't mess with "me" versus don't mess with my "teammates"...That message turned into a goal (PK -- the Dman -- being the last guy back in the zone)

At what point does ice time become a reward for continued selfishness and poor decisionmaking? We have all seen PK play better than he has in his last 10 games...it is up to him to find and bring that game when given the opportunity....

IMO, He is not bigger than the team or the game and the only place for (any) "individual" at a hockey game is in the stands....

Umm...Gill was behind PK, and this could have ALL been avoided if Gill actually cleared the zone instead of firing the puck off the board in a perfect pass to the caps player.

I see it as PK was trying to spark the team, you know the team that was playing like they were in a coma. Players don't get inspiried by a great clearing of the zone.

You may be right....but, if your getting paid to play, then you should know better....I believe time is earned. Vets get a longer leash cause they've already earned that ...Last night's gaff was made by a selfish individual simply to send a message...my guess is the message was "don't mess with "me" versus don't mess with my "teammates"...That message turned into a goal (PK -- the Dman -- being the last guy back in the zone)

At what point does ice time become a reward for continued selfishness and poor decisionmaking? We have all seen PK play better than he has in his last 10 games...it is up to him to find and bring that game when given the opportunity....

IMO, He is not bigger than the team or the game and the only place for (any) "individual" at a hockey game is in the stands....

Actually that goal was more of a result of gill giving up the puck like has done numerous times - gill was actually the last guy in the zone and gave up the puck AFTER Subban's missed hit. I'm not saying it was not a bad play. The difference is that like Komi andother young players before him, Subban will learn to pick his spots better. But what is Gill's excuse he is an establish veteran who turns over the puck like he did on that goal 3-4 times a game? He was actually the last habs in the zone and the one who gave up the puck AFTER the missed hit. Why isn't he being held accountable? The media is so focused on and playing up the Subban concerns (which there would not be as much attention if it wasn't for how JM was handling the situation), that they didn't even mention the Gill giveaway.