GDT: Boston vs Montreal, Dec. 16

dlbalr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the bruins played better, but we got the goal we needed... now just keep skating in the third and this should be a win.

oh, and the cbc can suck it.

edited before I got yelled at. :)

Edited by brobin

wow.. they are trashing the habs.. calling them cockroaches??? really.. they praise the leafs for Orr.. they praise Philly, but if the habs play a physical game they are dirty...

Can they at least pretend not to be biased.. its not bad enough we have to have leaf homers, now they bring in Boston homers...

And they go right back to slagging the Habs on CBC. Unreal.

Can't help but wonder if they actually had some unbiased, non-Bruins analysts that things might be better. Seems to me I saw Milbury hosting some Boston games on NESN last season. If only Hrudey had this game instead of Stock...

wow.. they are trashing the habs.. calling them cockroaches??? really.. they praise the leafs for Orr.. they praise Philly, but if the habs play a physical game they are dirty...

Can they at least pretend not to be biased.. its not bad enough we have to have leaf homers, now they bring in Boston homers...

Stock said "We don't want to see guys like Cammalleri fighting", but you want to see Subban fighting?

The CBC is an embarrassment to Canadians.

Edited by Wamsley01

And Healey has to comment how Cammalleri wanted the linesman to break it up.

Everything that Healey pipes in with is anti-Habs, it's unbelievable. Lucic falls to the ice after a collision with AK and it was "cause he lost his balance and was tired"

wow.. close game, but exciting. Shame we can't get decent reffing in this league, or decent coverage on our canadian broadcaster.

That was one of the worse CBC broadcasts I have ever heard.. reffering to the habs as cockroaches? Brutal.

wow.. close game, but exciting. Shame we can't get decent reffing in this league, or decent coverage on our canadian broadcaster.

That was one of the worse CBC broadcasts I have ever heard.. reffering to the habs as cockroaches? Brutal.

There was a play earlier that lead to a Bruin scoring chance where a high stick contacted the puck

and the Bruins immediately took possession. Add that to the penalty shot call and the late trip and

there was some strange calls.

I like fighting, I really do, but if you fight for some twisted sense of honour and put your team at a disadvantage that doesn't make you tough, 'a good old canadian boy', it makes you an idiot. Fight on your own terms and it makes you smart. This is directed at Laps and Subban, do not let the venomous comments of the Cherry, Healy, Stock, Milburys of the world change the way you play.

This is TSN's little game recap on their homepage about the Habs Victory:

Max Pacioretty scored his first NHL goal and added an assist in his second game with Montreal as the Canadiens defeated the Boston Bruins 4-3 on Thursday night. Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta and Max Lapierre also potted goals for Montreal, which snapped a three game losing streak.

You would think they would know whether he has scored in the NHL before. He has had 6 goals prior to tonights game.

Edited by Habsfan84

Solid game by Cammy, Gomez, Gionta, Plex, and Maxpax...anybody know what that house song they play in Centre Bell is? I heard it last night against flyers and it's decent

:lol: I'm 100% sure you could go a little more specific there...

I watched the RDS feed, and scanning this thread I am floored to find the CBC slagging Subban for ANY aspect of his behaviour relating to that absolutely spectacular hit. That was one of the best bodychecks of the season, from any team: clean as a whistle and just devastating. Some of these NHL commentators have simply lost the plot. The kid has a big mouth, so he MUST drop the gloves after making a clean hockey play? He shouldn't let the Prunes take a pointless penalty? What the f*ck???

I hope the veterans took PK aside and told him to keep playing EXACTLY like that. The discovery that PK can crush people will really build his mystique and will also start to make people think twice about crossing the blueline with him back there. This kid has it in him to do it all, if he can just keep his head on straight and not get distracted by all the petty losers who don't want star rookies to be entertaining.

Great, character win by Les Boys. Watching this, it occured to me that I like this team a lot. Probably the best combination of talent, guts, goaltending and team concept since 1994. :hlogo:

I watched the RDS feed, and scanning this thread I am floored to find the CBC slagging Subban for ANY aspect of his behaviour relating to that absolutely spectacular hit. That was one of the best bodychecks of the season, from any team: clean as a whistle and just devastating. Some of these NHL commentators have simply lost the plot. The kid has a big mouth, so he MUST drop the gloves after making a clean hockey play? He shouldn't let the Prunes take a pointless penalty? What the f*ck???

I expect that if Subban hadn't turned completely around and hit him with his back, Subban would have gotten a phantom call and probably subject to additional discipline. The offensive player clearly had his head down. The Bruins official remark was the hit was ok but they didn't like the alleged slew foot in the melee after. Bull- If the hit was alright what were you doing swarming Subban?

From what we have seen in these two games Gomez needed a complement on his line

for a pass option to the player not to kill the play.

Gomez is different in his offensive play than Plekanek. Plek offense is pretty much a north south

offense. A short accurate pass for a strong shooter. Gomez is more about puck control , skating with

the puck, to create space for his wingers to make another play.

There was and still will be two problems with that, 1st the two wingers have to create a play for the play to continue.

2nd Gomez has to put himself inside the play and not outside as soon as he makes the first pass.

Unlike Pouliot and Moen, MaxPac can carry the puck and now, this is new, has enough vision to create a play.

All that to say we have a second line , finally !

Well they got 2 points. They did alot of good, sat back too much at times. Defense at times look sreally shakey.

Max Pac looks alot stronger on his skates to me, he always had talent, he seems more willing ti fight for the puck.

I actually agree witht he commentators about Subban and Lapierre, They are causing the skilled guys to get run at and fight. They don't have to fight every time challenged but at some point you do need to stand up and drop them. Otherwise your going to get your top players whiped out.

Well they got 2 points. They did alot of good, sat back too much at times. Defense at times look sreally shakey.

Max Pac looks alot stronger on his skates to me, he always had talent, he seems more willing ti fight for the puck.

I actually agree witht he commentators about Subban and Lapierre, They are causing the skilled guys to get run at and fight. They don't have to fight every time challenged but at some point you do need to stand up and drop them. Otherwise your going to get your top players whiped out.

PK Subban IS A SKILL GUY!

Cammalleri wasn't forced to fight. It was David ######ing Krejci!

Lapierre and Subban are two entirely different animals. Lapierre goes out there to get under people's skin,

Subban gets under peoples skin because he is a dynamic player with a ###### you attitude. Massive difference.

Subban should drop the gloves when it is needed, I have yet to see the situation where it is needed.

The best part about all of this. If Subban ever did drop the gloves and broke his hand, Milbury and Stock would

say that he hurt his team by fighting and they cannot afford to lose his puck moving prowess.

It is bloody obvious that Milbury, Healey and Stock are looking for ways to criticize. I mean it is one thing for

Jack Edwards who is the Bruins full-time announcer to do it, but for 3 employees of the CBC who are

supposed to pretend they aren't biased, it is embarrassing to watch.