Scratches: Pouliot, Subban
Injuries: Markov
Record: 8-18-6 (14th in East)
Scratches: Martin*, Gillies
Injuries: DiPietro, Streit, Okposo, Weight, Hunter, Mottau, Martinek

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST
TV: RDS
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

Lets be honest, there are no gimme games in the NHL, but this is the closest to one. The HABS have to maintain their status as a 'elite' team by beating the NYI, elite teams overpower lower teams in the standings, they do not play down to their opponents level.

Edited by dlbalr

Is PK stills in the plans for the habs this year ... ? geez

Truth is, I quite like that they're sitting PK for his development from time to time.

Good moves. Who's in charge?

Merry Christmas everyone :rolleyes:

Not a good start to the game.

The Habs Defense looks slow and is turning over the puck to the lowly Isles.

What was Picard doing on the goal. And have to admit Price didnt look very good on that one.

I have been a big fan of Gorges, but his play lately has looked atrocious.

Cmon Habs.

Not a good start to the game.

The Habs Defense looks slow and is turning over the puck to the lowly Isles.

What was Picard doing on the goal. And have to admit Price didnt look very good on that one.

I have been a big fan of Gorges, but his play lately has looked atrocious.

Cmon Habs.

It's true. The FastForwards are sure getting the jump on our D.

Maybe they're saving their energy for partying in NY later. !!

It's true. The FastForwards are sure getting the jump on our D.

Maybe they're saving their energy for partying in NY later. !!

I'm missing Mr Markov these days. ...sigh....

Is PK stills in the plans for the habs this year ... ? geez

i'm watching on RDS and listening on CJAD. they are making a big deal that the habs are 4-0 in the games PK has sat. No mention that they played crap competition in the games they sat him and then play him against the wings and Philly. Given his relationship with Tavares, this was a game that PK should have been playing. Reminds me of when the habs sat Wickenheiser when he had a head to head against Savard.

I really don't get the logic of playing Picard and Weber together - they looked awful on that Isles goal - just like i don't get the point of playing PK with Picard. If Weber and PK are expected to play key roles in the future they need to be played with guys that can mentor them. Not a stop gap 7th dman. I really don't get Martin and how he handles young players :wacko:

Edited by hab29RETIRED

wow, this reffing is brutal. Missed several high sticks and slashes on Pleks to take away scoring chances, then when they finally have to call the isles, they give laps a diving call.. that was not even close to a dive.. most guys don't dive by putting their faces into the dasher. Seconds later, they ignore a hook to setup another isles chance....

The habs are not playing great, but they should have had about 3 PP by now.

another weak call against the habs.. for a tap.. while they ignore real slashes to the hands by the isles...

I think one of the reason we get screwed over by the refs so much is that our coaches never complain. YOu always see the coaches like Boudreau, Lavlioitte, Maurice, Tortella being vocal to the refs. Martin is usually just got his usual silent frown.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

All in all, I thought the Habs dominated the play for most of the 2nd, that late goal hurt big time though. Price really looks uncomfortable on breakaways, before Grabner was within 20 feet of the net, I was writing down the goal; Price never seems to know when to challenge and when to lay back and often gets crossed up in between.

Habs just needed to convert some opportunities into goals, which they failed at all night long.

At least my fantasy team can cheer that...thanks for Roloson by the way! :) (How sad is it when I'm happy about getting the #1 on the league's worst team...telling sign about my goalie situation, but I digress.)

I don't feel confident in a comeback tonight. Games like this continue to stop the habs from being top tier, until they can beat the weaker teams, thrash them, stomp them and stop playing down to their level it'll never change.

There's the game...at least the Doctor Who xmas special is on.

JM will likely over react and bench Pax for the next game...and the gong show will continue.

Edited by bar