Habs Acquire Wisniewski

bar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tdon't mind his +/- stats on a poor defensive team.

What i like is that he is a right handed D with experience and offensive abilities.

the link to him is not beyond this year, if he fits he has a home.

Gautier still has lot's of cap space.

Spacek, Gorges can be moved to right. When Gorges is healthy again.

Either Icard, Weber or Subban will go down to come back eventually.

Brian I read it as the 5th round pick was if he resigned? Also, the pick they gave up was the 50 whatever overall pick they got for not signing Fischer.

Should've phrased that better, I meant pick as in the 2nd pick (the 2012 one coming after 2011) is contingent on his re-signing. I can see where that'd be construed wrong. :)

Even if he's on the Islanders, I doubt he'd be getting 23 minutes a game if he's MAB 2.0. Honestly, right now MAB 2.0 is PK Subban and I'm grateful for a relatively cheap 26 year old d-man that can log minutes and put up points.

For what it's worth, virtually everyone on HFboards (fans of all teams) consider this a huge steal for Montreal. From their perspective, I don't know why the Isles would make this trade but whatever, I guess they're thinking Wiz is a bottom pairing d-man being sold at his highest value.

Edited by BTH

Even if he's on the Islanders, I doubt he'd be getting 23 minutes a game if he's MAB 2.0. Honestly, right now MAB 2.0 is PK Subban and I'm grateful for a relatively cheap 26 year old d-man that can log minutes and put up points.

For what it's worth, virtually everyone on HFboards (fans of all teams) consider this a huge steal for Montreal. From their perspective, I don't know why the Isles would make this trade but whatever, I guess they're thinking Wiz is a bottom pairing d-man being sold at his highest value.

Give me a break. Even it his worst Subban brings much more defensively than MAB. JM is messing up Subban.

As far as the trade goes, I think he is better then Gill, Spacek, and on 50% of the nights Hammer, so he is an automatic upgrade. I've been saying they needed another dman even when the habs were winning.

I hope Picard gets sent down and they rest Gorges for a few games. Otherwise as much as I hate to say it Subban should also be sent down - only for the sake of getting him the he'll away from JM for a while.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Btw how much of a cap hit is he. He looks like a good pickup if he is under $3m. I think after Subban he would be the only Dman that has some sandpaper to his game. I can't believe that a guy as big as Gill can be softer then my 2 year old daughter's hero Barney the dinosaur.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Give me a break. Even it his worst Subban brings much more defensively than MAB. JM is messing up Subban.

As far as the trade goes, I think he is better then Gill, Spacek, and on 50% of the nights Hammer, so he is an automatic upgrade. I've been saying they needed another dman even when the habs were winning.

I hope Picard gets sent down and they rest Gorges for a few games. Otherwise as much as I hate to say it Subban should also be sent down - only for the sake of getting him the he'll away from JM for a while.

MAB last season: 13 goals and 34 points in 60 games

Subban this season: 2 goals and 11 points in 31 games

Subban will be a MUCH better player but right now Subban is a more physical, cockier MAB with worse PP skills.

I also would prefer Subban in the line up to Picard but I have a feeling Subban gets demoted to the AHL, Weber sits on the bench and Picard stays in.

I also want to know the cap hit, I think it might be 3M.

EDIT: oops, I thought you wrote "offensively." Yeah, Subban is better defensively but he didn't have that one great strength (shot from the point) that MAB had.

Edited by BTH

Avg dman with offensive upside, from the games I've seen him play this year.

MAB last season: 13 goals and 34 points in 60 games

Subban this season: 2 goals and 11 points in 31 games

Subban will be a MUCH better player but right now Subban is a more physical, cockier MAB with worse PP skills.

I also would prefer Subban in the line up to Picard but I have a feeling Subban gets demoted to the AHL, Weber sits on the bench and Picard stays in.

I also want to know the cap hit, I think it might be 3M.

The thing is when PK makes a mistake he has the wheels to recover, when MAB made a mistake it was over haha.

Avg dman with offensive upside, from the games I've seen him play this year.

The thing is when PK makes a mistake he has the wheels to recover, when MAB made a mistake it was over haha.

Yeah, Bergeron had one use and was a liability the rest of the time. Subban has the tools to do lots of things but hasn't really developed them yet. When paired with Picard, they are a liability.

I'm sure we'll soon discover the downsides of Wiz but this is a good move by Gauthier to try to end this slump. He might be a slightly better pick up than Bieksa would have been.

Completely agree about Subban having the tools. I don't think JM is helping Subban by not putting him with a vet.

$3.25 M actually, a little easier to swallow. Just getting to the capsheet update now.

Hmm the cap hit is $3.25, is his salary for this year $3.5 though?

Yeah, Bergeron had one use and was a liability the rest of the time. Subban has the tools to do lots of things but hasn't really developed them yet. When paired with Picard, they are a liability.

I'm sure we'll soon discover the downsides of Wiz but this is a good move by Gauthier to try to end this slump. He might be a slightly better pick up than Bieksa would have been.

Problem with MAB is how Martin used him. MAB had no business being on the ice with the exception of the PP. Similarly, Gill's ice time outside of the PK should be really limited.