GDT: Montreal vs Tampa Bay, Dec. 30

dlbalr

Since the Habs need to keep things simple, I will do the same with today's GDT.

mon_comp.gif

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Eller - Darche

Moen - Halpern - Lapierre

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gill - Subban

Wisniewski - Weber

Price

tam_comp.gif

Malone - Stamkos - St. Louis

Gagne - Lecavalier - Bergenheim

Purcell - Moore - Ritola

Hall - Thompson - Tyrell

Hedman - Clark

Kubina - Lundin

Jones - Ohlund

Desjardins

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i have things i like about JM and things i don't. If i am noy mistaken Wis is a RD. So you make a trade for a guy than immediately change his position? That doesn't make sense. So if those are indeed the pairings i am at a loss for words. JM can certainly split the dynamic duo of Spacek and Hamrlik.

I am just hoping they score while in Florida.

What you see as the lines/pairings are reportedly what we're going with. 2 RH shots on the 3rd pairing, interesting.

If JMwas going to put Wiz on the other side and isn't going to break up hammer and the spaceman, I'd much rather have Wiz paired with Subban. What's the point of pairing Subban with a slow lead footed guy who can't shoot?

Edited by hab29RETIRED

If JMwas going to put Wiz on the other side and isn't going to break up hammer and the spaceman, I'd much rather have Wiz paired with Subban. What's the point of pairing Subban with a slow lead footed guy who can't shoot?

Gill and Subban have played together in the past, might just be a familiarity thing. In fact, in terms of TOI, that's the 4th most utilized combo this year behind 75-26, 44-6, and 45-76. Gill/Subban played just over 14 minutes together last game as well.

I would go with these D lines

Hamrlik-SUBBAN

Spacek-Wisniewski

GILL-Weber

I would do this. Maybe I would switch Subban and Weber.

Spacek is naturally a LD and Wiz is a RD so it makes no sense for them to both be on the wrong side.

Go Habs Go. I expect a win tonight. 3-2 Habs.

Anyone know what number Wisniewski is wearing? My guess would be O'byrne's old #20 since he wore it with the Isles.

That would be correct, I noted that on Twitter today actually. Also, a late surprise, Desjardins gets the start, not Ellis.

That would be correct, I noted that on Twitter today actually. Also, a late surprise, Desjardins gets the start, not Ellis.

Thanks. And Just the Team he should be inspired to play against. He will try to prove that the Habs made a mistake getting rid of him.

regardless how the game goes, its a good gamble by Boucher. Tampa's goalie has sucked all year and good motivational ploy to get Desjardins a chance against the team that didn't think he deserved a shot. It also doesn't hurt that French goalies tend to do good against the habs.

How the **** do we get two, too many men on the ice penalty's in a row. Bad coaching or something. Thats pathetic.

Martin's probably been consulting with Cherry. :unsure:

14 shots allowed after 2, again not sure why the fuss over the defence, they're obviously not leaving too many guys open. As for the PP, Darche worked for a bit, not anymore. Weber shouldn't be the lone man at the top of the PP, the D can overplay him and he'll turn it over. Lapierre, like the hits, hate the hockey IQ, 4-on-2 and you shoot from the side of the net, oy. The Habs are still in it but they have what, about 5 shots in the last 25 or so minutes? As tempting as it may be to shorten the bench, they've gotta go on short rest again tomorrow, I don't expect the double shifting to start until the late stages of the 3rd if they're still trailing.

BS non-call on the Stmakos penalty shot goal - that was a definite stop in his forward motion - that should be reviewable - I believe they haver reviewed those types of moves in the shootout, so why not in a regular penalty shot???

14 shots allowed after 2, again not sure why the fuss over the defence, they're obviously not leaving too many guys open. As for the PP, Darche worked for a bit, not anymore. Weber shouldn't be the lone man at the top of the PP, the D can overplay him and he'll turn it over. Lapierre, like the hits, hate the hockey IQ, 4-on-2 and you shoot from the side of the net, oy. The Habs are still in it but they have what, about 5 shots in the last 25 or so minutes? As tempting as it may be to shorten the bench, they've gotta go on short rest again tomorrow, I don't expect the double shifting to start until the late stages of the 3rd if they're still trailing.

Disagree. Not too many shots against, but pretty crappy defensive coverage.

crap game over - another example of bad defensive coverage on the 4th goal :wacko:

Edited by hab29RETIRED