GDT: Montreal vs Tampa Bay, Dec. 30

dlbalr

Some of the worst hockey I've seen in a long time, too many players with big salaries playing small. All we ever seem to harp on is the rookie and young players, sometimes you need the big payday players to actually earn them once in a while, sickening.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had such high hopes after the best first period in FOREVER, and then this crap. 22 penalties in the last three games? How does it not bother them that they're going to lose again? How? And why doesn't Martin EVER talk to the officials??? Huh???

shots are 19-19, but Montreal hasn't really hasn't had many real chances and with the exception of the 1st goal, haven't really driven to the net. Scoreboard is much more reflective of the play.

Gomez has sucked tonight, but so far has played 13:24. BOth kids (eller, Pouliot) were soft, but haven't sucked any worse then Darche. Yet, so far Eller only plays 6:05, Pouliot plays 5:44 while Darche 8:44. Laps 8:29. Moen 10:56. Halpern 10 min, WHY???? If you are going to take ice time away for crap play, why does Gomez get a free pass????

Team can't score and that idiot Martin is playing the pluggers on the 3rd/4th line more then the skilled guys. Don't get why Laps, Moen, Halpern, Darche all get more time then Eller and Pouliot.

Honestly, they may as well send Eller and Pouliot down, bcoz Martin is going to mess all our kids up.

Another thing...the players...there's no grit, no fire...they don't seem to care at all. They play for some of the most passionate fans in hockey and they can't seem to get motivated, HECK they are the away team and I bet they have almost 50% of the fans in the stands and nothing...

Another PP and its Crap. Why wouldn't you play Wiz with Subban????? Get two guys who can control the play at the point. Gomez has become an anchor again for Gionta and MaxPac :angry:

And WTF, Darche on the PP again.

Martin has to go. Don't know who you replace him with. IMO, you could replace him wit a chimp and he would probably be better :angry:

A game we are going to lose, why wouldn't you see a healthy dose of Eller/Pouliot/Gionta or something like that. There's no downside, get them more time, put them with a real winger.

These days I wish for a loser point...so sad but its true.

I want the players after this game to be spitting fire and brimestone saying how they are sucking and it will not continue, at least Gionta to step up and say something, ANYTHING!

another bad game. Price has been just average, which exposes this team.

Terrible reffing on the penalty shot. That should not have been one in the first place, but the move was clearly illegal. He didn't just stop, the replay shows he was moving away from Price as he let the shot go. Not that it matters, this team can't come back when down.

I am not sure why people are so surprised. Look at our top 6 and compare them to the top 16 teams in the league.. Pleks is a great 2nd line center. Gomez is too. We still don't have a top scoring guy on the top 6. Pitts has Crosby and Malkin. Washington is loaded. Tampa has tons of scoring. Philly has skill and size. Boston has both top guys, and some top rookies coming up. I am more surprised by how well we started. I suspect we will be battling for somewhere between 7th and 9th, again.

well looks like after tonight, Carolina will only be 4 points back, but will have two games in hand. Habs lose tomorrow and we are really going to be in trouble.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Another PP and its Crap. Why wouldn't you play Wiz with Subban????? Get two guys who can control the play at the point. Gomez has become an anchor again for Gionta and MaxPac :angry:

And WTF, Darche on the PP again.

Martin has to go. Don't know who you replace him with. IMO, you could replace him wit a chimp and he would probably be better :angry:

yeah lets put Guy Boucher in his place...

I hate Steve Yzerman now.

Agree that we shouldn't be surprised, but this hurts.

well looks like after tonight, Carolina will only be 4 points back, but will have two games in hand. Habs lose tomorrow and we are really going to be in trouble.

We already are in trouble.

My only saving grace is that I do not know that much french cause I bet I'd be hearing all game "Boucher should not have been let go", "Look at Moore out there....Desjardins....Why didn't the habs get Gagne.."

yeah lets put Guy Boucher in his place...

I hate Steve Yzerman now.

Yzerman was smart. I said in last year's playoffs. I didn't care how far the habs went, Martin needed to be dumped. He is a crap coach. When goalies stand on their head, like Halak did a the end of last year and in the playoffs, and then Price at the start of this year, Martin's "system" looks good. When the goaltending comes down to earth, or is merely good, the team sucks. Too many people here have been sucked in to his great "system".

We are not playing like this team is built to play. This is a fast team needs to be an aggressive forechecking, puck possession team to be effective. Yet Martin has them playing like he has a lineup filled with Skrudland's, McPhee's and Keane's. There are no Ludwig's or Green's on defense. We have far too many young players that are going to be messed up or shipped out of town because of the way Martin is handling them.

Sad thing is that Boucher is the PERFECT coach for this team, with his aggressive forecheck style and his history with young players.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

We were really kidding ourselves thinking the start the habs had could last. The habs were in playoff mode in the regular season, you cannot maintain it for 82 games. As much as we want to knock the rookies, this is ALL on the vets and their play. During the recent slide none of the vets have stepped up, this has to be addressed either by JM or Gionta.

the only positives I can draw from tonight's game were

1- the Wiz looks very good

2- Habs drew first blood...then were pulverized like a Florida orange vs a juicer

negatives :

1-Hamrlik-Spacek....why are they NHL d-men again?

2-Eller- probably should be sent down for the benefit of his development

3- Carey looks a little passive in net again?

what an atrocious road trip :puke:

Edited by l<OV4L3V

We were really kidding ourselves thinking the start the habs had could last. The habs were in playoff mode in the regular season, you cannot maintain it for 82 games. As much as we want to knock the rookies, this is ALL on the vets and their play. During the recent slide none of the vets have stepped up, this has to be addressed either by JM or Gionta.

It's not about us not being able to maintain the play from the start of the year. At the start of the year, Price was unreal and the team fed off that. When your goalie is standing on his head, it brings a swagger to the rest of the team. The main guy that was igniting the offense was Pleks. You can't expect Pleks to kill all the penalties (considering the amount of stupid penalties these team takes), play against the top lines AND lead the offense.

Martin's free passes to Cammy, Gomez, Spacek, Hammer and Gill haven't helped instill any discipline to this team and I think I've beaten to death his handling of the kids and his targets like AK46.

Eller is a mess, Pouliot is a mess and Martin is doing everything possible to mess up Subban. Martin HAS to go. He NEEDED to go last summer, but it was shortsighted to keep him then and the longer he stays the more he messes up our kids. I'd rather send these kids to Hamilton, just to protect them from this friggin old fart of a dinasour! :angry:

Attempting a HW 3 Stars for this one, this oughta be interesting.

my picks are Stamkos, St. Louis and Boucher!

Edited by hab29RETIRED