GDT: Montreal at Florida, Dec. 31, 1700 EST

lazy26

Guess I'll try to break the slump...

Montreal Canadiens (20-16-2) at Florida Panthers (16-17-1)

mon_comp.gif

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Eller - Darche

Moen - Halpern - Pyatt

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gill - Subban

Wisniewski - Weber

Auld

fla_comp.gif

Higgins - Weiss - Dadonov

Reasoner - Matthias - Bernier

Booth - Santorelli - Frolik

Reinprecht - Thomas - Hordichuk

McCabe - Kulikov

Weaver - Garrison

Wideman - Allen

Vokoun

GO HABS GO!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Auld is a no-brainer. With apologies to Wamsley, I have been opposed to what I regard as the over-use of Price all along. Nobody can play 80 games a season and (potentially) another 20 in the playoffs and be in peak form throughout, least of all in the insane Montreal pressure-cooker.

Desharnais is a good call-up. I'm no authority on the Bulldogs, but I tend to pull for this kid, who has had everything stacked against him from day one and responded merely by succeeding at every level. If a mutiny is indeed a possibility, having kids come and play well might shake some of the complacency from the mutineers. And of course, on a less Machiavellian level, the team needs offence, so why not insert a guy whose game is all offence? I just hope he gets more than 5 minutes of ice time. :rolleyes:

Our big guns are all playing like popguns. I tend to concur with Benoit Brunet that you need to respond, NOT by using them to kill penalties, but by deploying your depth. En tout cas. I'd love to the see team SUCK IT UP and play a tight, desperate playoff-style game. Every win is huge at this particular moment.

I was about to do it but wasted time looking for Florida's expected lines. Where did you find them?

I got the lineups from fantasyhockey911. They usually have the last game's lines, and that's what I posted.

With Canada playing, and the habs sucking, they have been regulated to my PVR tonight. I will catch up with you guys later.. :)

Going in notes...

1. I have been commenting all season that Price was over used. Tiring him out and ensuring Auld was cold as ice when he did go in.

2. JM is killing the kids, imo. There is nothing wrong with coaching, but a good coach does it while building them up, not tearing them down.

3. Our vets better start playing, or I will have to assume they are taking a leadership role in getting JM fired. Maybe they want Muller. ;)

Does Darche have naked pictures of JM with a goat or something??? WTF is he doing on the PP every friggin night???? Stands in front of the net and BLOCKS shot for the defence instead of deflecting them :angry:

MaxPax sets up Gomez perfectly on the PP and the $8M flubs as usual :puke:

And threre it is, a two goal lead for Florida. Anyone actually think we can fight back?

What is sad is that not only can't we fight back on the scoreboard, we aren't even capable of showing some friggin emotion and starting a fight :puke:

The thing about JM's system, when it works, it's never exciting but at least we win. When it seemingly doesn't work? We fans get subjected to crappy hockey, and the team's better players start to look completely disinterested. At this point, I'd be happy with a Tampa style 6-5 loss.

Fxck Fxck, Fxck!!! I hope JM get's hit in the head with a stray puck. Cammy and Pleks again saddled with that friggin scurb Darche!

The thing about JM's system, when it works, it's never exciting but at least we win. When it seemingly doesn't work? We fans get subjected to crappy hockey, and the team's better players start to look completely disinterested. At this point, I'd be happy with a Tampa style 6-5 loss.

But the players actually have to play the frigging system. At present they're not, or at least not effectively. The question remains whether this is a result of JM losing the room, or JM no longer having the horses (given Subban's regression and injuries to Markov and Gorges). If the former, we're in deep doo-doo and the season is basically over. If the latter, then it's a matter of Wisnieski fitting in, Subban finding his game again, and perhaps Gorges coming back. Fingers crossed for door #2.

FxK Darche out again on the PP. He MUST have pictures of JM naked with a goat :angry:

YES - get the skilled guys on the PP and tied game. Unbelievable - Gomez actually is showing up tonight!

But the players actually have to play the frigging system. At present they're not, or at least not effectively. The question remains whether this is a result of JM losing the room, or JM no longer having the horses (given Subban's regression and injuries to Markov and Gorges). If the former, we're in deep doo-doo and the season is basically over. If the latter, then it's a matter of Wisnieski fitting in, Subban finding his game again, and perhaps Gorges coming back. Fingers crossed for door #2.

What IS the system. Sitting back like they did last night when they were down by 2 goals and hope the other team gives the puck away??? Or hope that Price stands on his head and gets a shutout and you score one goal????