Gorges done for the year.

ForumGhost

I guess it depends on how severe a tear. I know with mine merely walking at times was difficult, playing baseball (especially at a competitive level) was impossible for me. 7+ years and being a professional athlete playing without an ACL is saying something for sure.

One of them played with it totally torn.

stating the obvious here... or maybe not

With The Habs D trouble of late, there definitely was a possibility that Gorges would of been allowed to return to the line-up in say another week or two. The fact that the organization decided not to, shows how the Habs have Josh as a TOP Priority for a contract extension.

I don't really understand why he didn't get the ACL surgery done in a year the Habs had an early playoff exit or something, though. It's kind of weird they kept putting it off.

I guess it's the player's decision. Obviously, Gorges did not want to have the surgery. Hell! he did everything to postpone the inevitable.

Smoley hokes, that says a lot there about him. I've dealt with a torn ACL before, the thought of being able to play through that for that many years simply astounds me.

No kidding. Gorges is some kind of superman for sure. I still remember how he came back 1 game after Mike Green's slapshot left an impression of the puck on his helmet. Next time I'm suffering some minor ailment, I'll have to remember Gorges lol.

No kidding. Gorges is some kind of superman for sure. I still remember how he came back 1 game after Mike Green's slapshot left an impression of the puck on his helmet. Next time I'm suffering some minor ailment, I'll have to remember Gorges lol.

Yeah, or maybe Markov is just a wimp. :P

Gorges is one hell of a hockey man to lose, but M. Gauthier has done very well to get W. it seems. A lot of challenges for JM et les boys this year. And after such an exciting start... without Markov... incroyable.

Go Habs Go! :D

Damn... If I could define Gorges in one word, it would be 'necessary'. If he goes on LTIR, what will our cap situation be?

100%

My hat is off in respect for Gorges work ethic. I firmly believe that a team full of Joshes, Larrys, Bobs, Sakus... you know lunch pail, team hearts on sleeves kinda guys... can compete every night.

Hopefully he stays in Montreal long enough to become our Captain.