GDT: Boston at Montreal, Jan. 8, 1900 EST

lazy26

Boston Bruins (21-12-6) at Montreal Canadiens (22-16-3)

mon_comp.gif

• Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
  • Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
  • Pouliot - Desharnais - Darche
  • Moen - Halpern - Pyatt

• Spacek - Wisniewski
  • Gill - Subban
  • Hamrlik - Picard

• Price

• Scratches: Weber, Eller
  • Injuries: Gorges, Markov

bos_comp.gif

• Lucic - Savard - Ryder
  • Paille* - Krejci - Wheeler
  • Recchi - Bergeron - Seguin
  • Campbell - Marchand - Thornton

• Kampfer - Chara
  • Seidenberg - Boychuk
  • McQuaid - Ference

• Thomas

• Scratches: Arniel, Caron
  • Injuries: Stuart, Horton*

Will the GDT streak continue? *shrugs* I blame the new format if it doesn't wink.gif

GO HABS GO!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the GDT streak continue? *shrugs* I blame the new format if it doesn't wink.gif

GO HABS GO!!!!

Why mess with the format then? I'll blame the bullets if the Habs lose...

Horton doubtful for Boston, Paille would draw back in if he can't go.

With Horton out, this is the second break for Habs, after Crosby out in the previous game. We have to take advantage of those occasions. Plus this is a good occasion for the Habs to take division lead. Go Habs!

Why mess with the format then? I'll blame the bullets if the Habs lose...

Horton doubtful for Boston, Paille would draw back in if he can't go.

You should have seen the mess before I put the bullets in... I even copied the format from the last one, and it spread itself across the screen. It looked horrible.

You should have seen the mess before I put the bullets in... I even copied the format from the last one, and it spread itself across the screen. It looked horrible.

Weird. I was able to copy the Bulldogs' GDT format no problem and it's similar to this (team banner with various lines of info). Did you copy/paste from the post or from the edit screen? I've had no success yet trying to make a GDT format similar to the one Bar and I use that will work on here though, so you're not the only one battling format issues (Bar's ones survived the changeover a lot more than mine did though so I'm using his template to build one for these boards...which originated from my original template).

Weird. I was able to copy the Bulldogs' GDT format no problem and it's similar to this (team banner with various lines of info). Did you copy/paste from the post or from the edit screen? I've had no success yet trying to make a GDT format similar to the one Bar and I use that will work on here though, so you're not the only one battling format issues (Bar's ones survived the changeover a lot more than mine did though so I'm using his template to build one for these boards...which originated from my original template).

Yep, I just copied and pasted from the edit screen and it was a mess.

Can anyone tell me whats the point of keeping Eller in Montreal if he is going to be sitting in the pressbox foe extended periods?

At this age he needs to be playing. I'd much rather have him play 20 min in hamilton with regular PP time then have him in the pressbox or play 6 min with scrubs.

Can anyone tell me whats the point of keeping Eller in Montreal if he is going to be sitting in the pressbox foe extended periods?

At this age he needs to be playing. I'd much rather have him play 20 min in hamilton with regular PP time then have him in the pressbox or play 6 min with scrubs.

I don't know why he's on the bench. Every time I watch he impresses me.

Be carefull hab29. I suggested some time ago that Eller might be better served in Hamilton. People around here jumped on me for not having statistics to back up that opinion. And for questioning the wisdom of the coach.

Be carefull hab29. I suggested some time ago that Eller might be better served in Hamilton. People around here jumped on me for not having statistics to back up that opinion. And for questioning the wisdom of the coach.

Yeah, we have a lot of people on this site, who like to throw stats like how the habs are out-shooting their opponents, or getting more scoring chances then their opponents and shrug losses or lack of scoring off to bad luck, but we shouldn't be worrying, because statistically we are doing quite well and CORSI numbers for guys not producing are actually quite good. Its also unreasonable to judge the quality of scoring chances based on what we see, because its too subjective and its also pointless to point out how the habs aren't driving to the net or screening the opposing goalies enough, because, again stats aren't able to validate that. Stats also can't validate that we aren't getting good rebounds, becuase most of our forwards aren't driving to the net and too many times aren't getting to the net until the puck is covered.

As, Im writing this, there is Pouliot and Darche behind the net and no one is in front of the net. Pleks is out there with them is hanging around close to the blueline - it is the last minute of play, so i guess he is trying to be defensively responsible. So if Darche or Pouliot actually get the puck, the can have passing it back and forth to each other :wacko:

It also is pointless to point out that having a guy like Darche on the PP or playing on the top two lines, is hurting his linemates, because the opposition really doesn't really care about him, since he has little to no skill, so the opposition really doesn't have to bother to cover him closely. But af course stats can't actually demonstrate that his linemates are getting closer coverage, since the opposition really doesn't care about Darche, so I guess this is an unprovable hypothesis. :blink:

Its also pointless to suggest that while Gill may be good at mentoring Subban as a veteran, he is lousy player to have SUbban paired with, since Gill can't pass, shoot or skate with Subban. But again, these are all subjective observations and who are we to second guess the coach, because after all, we aren't inside the dressing room and around the players on a day to day basis, so we don't have enough information to judge Martin's decisions, because as the coach, Martin has infallible in his decision making.

It's also useless to point out that Martin is a dinasour and is ill-suited to be a coach in the post-lockout era. It also is pointless to point out that he never won anything, becuase, that really wasn't his fault, since he never had a good goalie to work for. Of course it doesn't matter that last year both the Hawks and Flyers reached the Finals with no-name, marginal goalies. It also is pointless to point out that the wings have won with an average goalie like Osgood. The fact that Martin wasn't able to win with a loaded lineup and could never beat the leafs is the goalies fault and bears no refelction on his coaching ability.

And of course Martin has a track record for developing great talent, the fact that Hossa, Havlet, Alfredsson and Redden were successful under him, becuase he was the one responsible for them becoming great players. OB was a bum, who Martin gave many chances to succeed, and its OB's fault that he never took hold of his chances and buckled under the pressure of his fear of getting benched if he made a mistake while playing for Martin. The fact that he succeeded in Colorado and is plus player averaging 20 minutes a game, is a fluke because OB really isn't that good of a defenseman - Martin knows this, because Hammer, Spacek and Gill have never made as many mistakes as OB did. And even if they do make mistakes, they're veterans, so it doesn't matter, because they have earned the right to make mistakes and are too old to learn from their mistakes or be held accountable for mistakes. :wacko:

It also doesn't matter that MaxPac lashed out how Martin handled him last year, because he was a kid who needed to be put in his place and in the end, it was JM's tough love that MaxPac became a successful player in Hamilton. It also doesn't matter that everytime we get someone up from Hamilton, they come up playing like gang busters and then the fact that their play tails off can't be anything to do with how JM handles them, because its only natural after the adrenaline wears off, the players play will tail off. So JM, is perfectly jusitifed to play Darche ahead of MaxPac on the PP. Stats can't prove that the fact the habs PP sucked last game was because JM has the wrong personnel, because, after all, its the player fault for not producing - there are no stats to demsontrate this.

Lastly, we have no stats to prove that if JM actually let lines develop some chemistry and not break up lines that are producing, the lines may actually play better.

I just discovered that long posts are a good alternative to have to listen to Don Cherry during the intermission :D

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Is it me, or does Pleks get a penalty for breaking a stick every other game... at some point, he has to wake up and realize that it is an automatic call and the sticks are crap.

See the smile on the Bruin...

Desharnais is looking good.

I'm kinda worried that Moen may have broke his hand in that fight.

I'm kinda hoping he did - now if only we can get Darche to fight :unsure:

Holy crap.

How does that fkn useless Picard stay in the lineup.

He has played just like fkn crap lately

I've got a long standing theory that Darche and Picard have pictures of a naked Martin with a goat.

That last scene speaks for itself

Kostitsyn makes a good move shoots and then goes to the bench... pouliot looks at him says nothing, kosty sits crouches over in an isolated pose

Hab29, that was a great rant. You can add Grabovski and SergeiK to that list. I know, they had oh so terrible attitudes. Meanwhile, Grabs has 15, and Sergei 10. I know, we're all relieved those bums are out of town.

Hab29, that was a great rant. You can add Grabovski and SergeiK to that list. I know, they had oh so terrible attitudes. Meanwhile, Grabs has 15, and Sergei 10. I know, we're all relieved those bums are out of town.

I was going to add SK74, but ranted enough about how Martin handled him in training camp, but got tired of hearing how the russian (Belarsian) crybaby deserved it.

Picard is -2.

I hope Weber is in next game.

Why not play Pacioretty with Desharnais (and Pouliot) to see if they can generate some of their Hamilton chemistry? Then play Cammalleri with Gomez and Gionta to get him going again. I would then suggest putting Eller with Plekanec and Kosty to shake things up on that line as well. Darche needs to sit.

Edited by JGC21