Injury Updates

dlbalr

Normally, I'd put this in the GDT but with there being so many of them, it probably qualifies for its own thread. The latest:

Pacioretty, reported fractured rib. If true, out probably until around the trade deadline.

Post updates as they come in, folks.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDS is reporting 2-4 weeks for Pacioretty, which suggests the rib may not be fractured. That's a bit better than the original report.

Nah thats a fracture or a partial fisure... whats good about the 2-4 weeks is that it means it didnt pierce any organs. e.g. lungs or spleen etc.. they were able to set the rib back if needed. Only thing is he will be playing with a soft spot for the rest of the season. I still dont understand why they can't come up with some rib and abdominal protection. Same thing for forearms..

Come on, we have the technology to make lightweight full body armor, and we still have bare skin and bones exposed to hard pucks... Truth be told My wish would be to make a softer puck. But thats just me

Minimum 4 weeks for Cammalleri, so much for there being much good news.

And now rds states it's ribs plural, damn we can now make a whole top line up of injured players

Pacio-Halpern-Camm

Gorges-Markov

Youppie in goal

anyone know what players are on the waiver wire right now?

And now rds states it's ribs plural, damn we can now make a whole top line up of injured players

Pacio-Halpern-Camm

Gorges-Markov

Youppie in goal

anyone know what players are on the waiver wire right now?

What injury did Youppi come down with? :)

As for waivers, no one placed today as far as I know.

And Andreas Engqvist has been called up. He has 14 points in 38 games with Dogs. Other players, like Palushaj, Boyd and Maxwell have better offensive numbers. However, what makes Engqvist an appealing call-up is that he has played in both the Swedish Elite League and the World Championships, meaning that he has a fair bit of experience playing at elite levels versus older, more experienced players.

Edited by l.moustakas

And Andreas Engqvist has been called up. He has 14 points in 38 games with Dogs. Other players, like Palushaj, Boyd and Maxwell have better offensive numbers. However, what makes Engqvist an appealing call-up is that he has played in both the Swedish Elite League and the World Championships, meaning that he has a fair bit of experience playing at elite levels versus older, more experienced players.

Won't be a popular choice, but I like it. His offensive game is better than his numbers indicate but I'm assuming he'll play in the same role he did in Hamilton, with others moving up in the lineup to replace Cammalleri/Pacioretty. Only concern for me is that he was the most expensive option with the Bulldogs.

Won't be a popular choice, but I like it. His offensive game is better than his numbers indicate but I'm assuming he'll play in the same role he did in Hamilton, with others moving up in the lineup to replace Cammalleri/Pacioretty. Only concern for me is that he was the most expensive option with the Bulldogs.

No, it probably won't be. Have to wonder how Dustin Boyd is taking it, especially since he has been on a tear with 11 goals in 14 games on the farm. Then again, he does have to go through re-entry, so I assume he is stuck there for most of the year. In any case am curious to see the sizable Engqvist at work.

No, it probably won't be. Have to wonder how Dustin Boyd is taking it, especially since he has been on a tear with 11 goals in 14 games on the farm. Then again, he does have to go through re-entry, so I assume he is stuck there for most of the year. In any case am curious to see the sizable Engqvist at work.

Re-entry wouldn't have applied here as it would have qualified as an emergency recall (Habs were down to 11 healthy forwards). Boyd has struggled the last few games though.

Re-entry wouldn't have applied here as it would have qualified as an emergency recall (Habs were down to 11 healthy forwards). Boyd has struggled the last few games though.

See, and I even took the time to look at your Waivers Chart! There is always something with this darn CBA! ;)

While on the topic, two questions:

How long can an emergency recall last? Is it as long as the the injuries last?

Can a re-entry waiver eligible player be called up without going through waivers after the trade deadline?

See, and I even took the time to look at your Waivers Chart! There is always something with this darn CBA! ;)

While on the topic, two questions:

How long can an emergency recall last? Is it as long as the the injuries last?

Can a re-entry waiver eligible player be called up without going through waivers after the trade deadline?

Good to always check it, had the Habs not had a rash of injuries, that would have indeed applied. To answer your questions:

1) 10 games/30 days, whichever comes first. Player must clear (re-)entry waivers afterwards.

2) No, see Mathieu Schneider in Phoenix a couple years ago.

YAY First Swedish habs player since... cant even remember.

The Injuries are horrible though. Too many to too important players. Hope we dont lose to much because of this.

Hasn't been that long, Niklas Sundstrom was a regular up until 2006. Well, I guess 5 years is long enough.

Good to always check it, had the Habs not had a rash of injuries, that would have indeed applied. To answer your questions:

1) 10 games/30 days, whichever comes first. Player must clear (re-)entry waivers afterwards.

2) No, see Mathieu Schneider in Phoenix a couple years ago.

Riggghtt.... forgot about the Schneider thingy. Thanks Brian.

Max Pacioretty has bruised ribs only. He saw the doctor this afternoon and he'll try to skate Thursday. Big relief if it isn't the two to four weeks like predicted.

Source? I'm not seeing that anywhere online.

Edit: nevermind, had to check the french links smile.gif

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/313518.html

Ugh, so we are three years and counting of being utterly decimated by injuries. Just once I would like to have a more or less healthy year, and more importantly, a healthy playoff run.

It hasn't been THAT unhealthy of a year for us. We did lose two players for the year, yes, but other than that there hadn't been an 'out for a month' type injury to date. This is our first injury call-up for a forward at all, and we've only made one call-up on D due to injuries.

I think ForumGhost makes a fair point. It ain't the sheer quantity of injuries so much as the quality of the players injured. This is the third season running that we lose our best player to major injury (Markov). It's the second season running that we lost our most explosive offensive player for a significant stretch (Cammy). It's the second year out of three that we lose a crucial role-player/leader to a catastrophic season-ending injury (Lang, Gorges). If a sniper were out there targeting players to 'take out' from the Habs, he couldn't have done better - unless it were to zap Price and Subban, God forbid!!!! But seriously - this stinks.

I think ForumGhost makes a fair point. It ain't the sheer quantity of injuries so much as the quality of the players injured. This is the third season running that we lose our best player to major injury (Markov). It's the second season running that we lost our most explosive offensive player for a significant stretch (Cammy). It's the second year out of three that we lose a crucial role-player/leader to a catastrophic season-ending injury (Lang, Gorges). If a sniper were out there targeting players to 'take out' from the Habs, he couldn't have done better - unless it were to zap Price and Subban, God forbid!!!! But seriously - this stinks.

Good teams overcome injuries. It is one of the benefits of a consistent system throughout the organization.

Injuries provide players opportunities to step up. Think of how you viewed this team in October and think of how you view it today.

Subban was not expected to lead this team's defense. He was to be groomed and eased in. Pacioretty? Did anybody expect him to come up and play the way he did? The Habs were doomed without Halak, could Price hold down the fort on his own?

Cucumber. For somebody who has put forth the theory that this is stealth rebuild 2.0 and Gainey cut the fat, brought in the coach who would install the proper system and this reminds you of the Pat Burns style Habs from the late 80s, you maintain a negative focus when it comes to injuries and the systems ability to plug in players.

Since Markov's injury the Habs have gone 15-12-3. Since Gorges they have gone 6-3-2.

Things change. Eller could step up for two weeks or Desharnies could complete his adjustment to the pro game and fill a hole.

Every season has highs and lows and unfortunately injuries are a part of that. I saw a terrible Canadiens team in 2000 miss the playoffs

by 1 win and they lost Koivu for 58 games, Savage broke his neck and missed the majority of the season, McCleary took a puck to the

throat and needed an emergency tracheotomy to save his life, Linden missed 32 games, Brisebois 28 games, Rivet 21 games, Brunet 32 games and Corson missed 12 games.

That was the main core of an awful team and yet they missed the playoffs on the last day of the season.

Injuries provide excuses and this team doesn't look ready to use excuses to me.

Edited by Wamsley01