Injury Updates

dlbalr

This is season ending without question if the reports are true. However, it appears as if he will be able to make a full recovery and depending on you interpret the one tweet from the main page, could be back for training camp. All things considered, that's pretty good news...which is quite sad when that's considered as good.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is season ending without question if the reports are true. However, it appears as if he will be able to make a full recovery and depending on you interpret the one tweet from the main page, could be back for training camp. All things considered, that's pretty good news...which is quite sad when that's considered as good.

I hope so, Moore suffered 3 fractured vertebrae so let's hope the concussion is the biggest concern for Max.

Physically, perhaps. Dare I say Patches might have been "Zednified?" Will he ever ben the player he was shaping up to be? Montreal looked to finally be gromming its first real power forward since Leclair, and now this.

I just heard on the team 990 that according to Brian Wylde(CFCF News) the neck fracture is a C-4 fracture that is non-displaced. Apparently this is good news. C-1 is the most severe type of neck fracture(Christopher Reeves had a C-1 fracture) and a C-7 is the least severe fracture. Also, the fact that its a non-displaced fracture is a good thing.

So according to Wylde(who spoke to a few doctors) Max's career isn't in Jeopardy, but his season is pretty much finished!

I just heard on the team 990 that according to Brian Wylde(CFCF News) the neck fracture is a C-4 fracture that is non-displaced. Apparently this is good news. C-1 is the most severe type of neck fracture(Christopher Reeves had a C-1 fracture) and a C-7 is the least severe fracture. Also, the fact that its a non-displaced fracture is a good thing.

So according to Wylde(who spoke to a few doctors) Max's career isn't in Jeopardy, but his season is pretty much finished!

I think we knew his season was over the second he didn't get up for 5 minutes, my concern is for his quality of life and then his career.

Look, I thought he was dead. I really did. So in some sense this is good news. Whether he will ever be the same player is another question - a very good question, but tangential to the main issue, which is a young man's basic mental and physical well being.

What haunts me most is the close-up filming of his peaceful, almost angelic face as he lay unconscious. You realized just how young he is - really just a kid starting his life. Absolutely horrific.

There's a discussion to be had about what this means for the Habs in hockey terms - both for this season, as we have lost a very important player for the playoffs (our only legitimate scoring power forward), and for the future, as he was emerging as an obvious piece of our core for years to come and now may never be the same. That discussion, however, is for another day. For now, it's all about Mr. Pacioretty and his family.

As long as it doesn't hurt his long-term progression, then I will be satisfied. As for losing him for the season, I have to say it's not that big a deal because I already had reservations about putting too much hope in a team that's already going in less than full strength to be begin with, sad as it is. I think we have to potential to win a cup, but it's much harder to visualize without guy like Markov, Gorges and now Pacioretty in the lineup. Haven't given up hope on this year, but my biggest hope is that we can finally go into next year's playoffs with a team not missing any major pieces (something we haven't got to see for 3 years now).

Edited by ForumGhost

Pacioretty talked to McKenzie. He said the he isn't feeling the concussion symptoms too badly, so hopefully it's not as bad as people assume. Also very interestingly, he says he feels Chara did target and he's "disgusted" the league did nothing.

Pacioretty talked to McKenzie. He said the he isn't feeling the concussion symptoms too badly, so hopefully it's not as bad as people assume. Also very interestingly, he says he feels Chara did target and he's "disgusted" the league did nothing.

Impressive that Patches sounds so lucid and seems to be thinking entirely clearly about the event. I don't know anything about the mechanics of concussions, but at face value that sounds promising.

Quebec's Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions is going to look into the play. See the Gazette for details (too lazy to find the link again).

Great news. According to HabsI/O, Patches has been able to get up and walk around his room today.

According to a source at the Montreal General hospital, injured Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty was able to leave his hospital bed today and walk around for a little bit.

Pacioretty suffered a severe concussion and a fractured vertebra when he was drilled into the stanchion that separates the two benches at the Bell Centre by Bruins defenceman Zdeno Chara on Tuesday night.

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/46891

Impressive that Patches sounds so lucid and seems to be thinking entirely clearly about the event. I don't know anything about the mechanics of concussions, but at face value that sounds promising.

It usually takes 24-48 hours after the concussion for the post-concussion symptoms to manifest, so I wouldn't say he's out of the water yet. The fact that he can talk is good news though.

Darche skated by himself today, as did Sopel. I'm not too giddy with Sopel as a hand injury shouldn't prevent him from skating but as Darche is dealing with a groin injury, this should signal he's getting closer to returning. Cammalleri didn't practice today as he now is sick.

Anybody knows how Plekanec was injured?

I missed the game tonight but in the highlights I saw him down in the corner after he made one giveaway that led to a Caps goal. Did he came back after that goal ( I think it was in the 2nd period) ?

Any word on Pleks or Halpern yet?

Lower body injuries, though neither are severe. Both are DTD. Darche and Sopel both skated today as well. Gill stayed home today, so he's likely questionable for tomorrow as well.

Lower body injuries, though neither are severe. Both are DTD. Darche and Sopel both skated today as well. Gill stayed home today, so he's likely questionable for tomorrow as well.

Good to hear.

At this point, we should definitely finish as the 6th seed, and making it to the playoffs as healthy as possible is the main concern.

MaxPac may be okay concussion wise, which would be good, but I have to think he won't be advised to move his neck around for a couple of weeks, and then can only slowly start to do so afterwards. Erik Cole was knocked out at a similar point in 2006 with a non-displaced vertebrae fracture, didn't return until half way through the Stanley Cup Finals, mainly as inspiration.

At this point, we should definitely finish as the 6th seed, and making it to the playoffs as healthy as possible is the main concern.

MaxPac may be okay concussion wise, which would be good, but I have to think he won't be advised to move his neck around for a couple of weeks, and then can only slowly start to do so afterwards. Erik Cole was knocked out at a similar point in 2006 with a non-displaced vertebrae fracture, didn't return until half way through the Stanley Cup Finals, mainly as inspiration.

Cole has never been the same player since. That injury happened when he was 27 during his breakout season and his numbers have declined to a point where he has not been an impact player in years. I still remember that guy just dominating the Habs as a 23 year old.

Cole has never been the same player since. That injury happened when he was 27 during his breakout season and his numbers have declined to a point where he has not been an impact player in years. I still remember that guy just dominating the Habs as a 23 year old.

To be fair, a lot of players that had breakout years in 2005-06 never repeated those totals. Was a weird year due to the new rules and coming off the lockout. Heck, Carolina won the Cup and then missed the playoffs the next couple of years with virtually the same roster. I don't know if for Cole its because of his injury or a combination of factors.