Injury Updates

dlbalr

To be fair, a lot of players that had breakout years in 2005-06 never repeated those totals. Was a weird year due to the new rules and coming off the lockout. Heck, Carolina won the Cup and then missed the playoffs the next couple of years with virtually the same roster. I don't know if for Cole its because of his injury or a combination of factors.

The majority of that 2006 inflation was PP related. Cole only had 14 PP points that season, around 25% of his total compared to Staal who had 40% of his production linked to the PP or Stillman at 50% or Williams who was over 1/3 etc.

Cole shot a career best 18% that season and you can write that off to luck or the fact that in his prime he did his damage within 10 feet. Somebody like Holmstrom is always between 18-20% because of where he spends the majority of his time.

Either way, I am not basing it on statistics alone but the way he impacted the game physically. Since the broken neck he just doesn't cause that much physical havoc anymore. I don't know if that is from the injury or because of a short prime.

Edited by Wamsley01

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bulldogs play tonight, does that count? :)

Maybe the hockey gods will look down and realize the playoffs are around the corner and we've filled our injury quota for the season.

While their at it, maybe they'll also come to the conclusion the Bruins could use a few more. If you could make Marchand or Chara's right foot just fall off that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

BrenDittero

Not sure where to post this, but as per Habs I/O Dawes, Palushaj have been recalled.

Brian, does this qualify as an emergency callup?

Brian, does this qualify as an emergency callup?

I'm going to assume the Habs classified it as such as with Halpern/Plekanec down, it should qualify. Nothing in the press release that gave it that designation though. Knowing how the Habs have bungled this in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if they filed the wrong paperwork.

Also, for those interested, Dawes will wear #34, while Palushaj, as some of you may recall, wears #51.

I didn't want to mention it before it was a done deal, but I've been doing some leg work behind the scenes.

I'm pretty sure I have Mike Macphee, Stephan Lebeau and Shayne Corson all agreeing to come back play on a line for us.

Just wanted to throw it out there and see if there was any interest?

let me know.

Mike needs at least 7 days notice to get out of his gig at Futureshop.

No Plekanec, Halpern, or Gill (sick) at practice today. Looks as if both Palushaj/Dawes will play tonight vs Tampa while Picard may be in for Gill. Speaking of that game, I'm waiting to see if kenadian wants to post the GDT since he didn't have a chance for the Washington game.

Great news from Habs I/O again

Superman, meet Max Pacioretty

posted by Dave Stubbs at 10h31 EST on Mar 17

The Canadiens say that Max Pacioretty could be ready for the playoffs.

Yes, it sounds incredible. But head coach Jacques Martin was beaming today with news from his team's medical staff that says Pacioretty is on complete rest until March 26, then begins rehab with contact skating expected three to five weeks from today.

Yes, it sounds incredible. But head coach Jacques Martin was beaming today with news from his team's medical staff that says Pacioretty is on complete rest until March 26, then begins rehab with contact skating expected three to five weeks from today.

That's awesome news. Thank God he's alright. Here's the link to video of Jacques Martin announcing it to the media: http://goha.bs/fVW7Zd

Great news for the Habs and Max's family!

That's the second time we've seen that kid get hauled away on a stretcher and come back this season.

Between Wiz taking that puck to the face and this, I'm pretty impressed with the resiliency of the Canadiens.

Wow. Just wow.

Attaboy Max!

Wow. Just wow.

Attaboy Max!

Remember how good he was after coming back from the fractured rib from the Wiz shot.

Damn he is a warrior, this is surely a moral boost for the team and fans alike!!!!!

They're calling MaxPac 'Wolverine' for his mutant healing factor - and that certainly makes sense :blink:

It seems unreal, actually. I was one of those who - once I realized he wasn't killed on the spot - thought his career might be compromised. Yet here he is looking at a relatively prompt recovery period. I just hope that they err on the side of caution, because the Canadiens need him to become the kind of player he has the potential to be and cannot afford to f*ck him up.

Sadly, the criminally negligent NHL and its defenders will quietly use this to reinforce the message that the Chara hit was 'just a hockey play.'

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

This is incredible news. I sure hope its true and that he returns to the level he was at and that he can continue to improve.

I cant help to think the last time a player returned in a speedy fashion from a fractured vertabrae, that team won the Cup. Cole was suposed to be back for the 2nd round too, but afaik he only played in 2 games of the Cup finals. I believe Coles fracture was worse than Max Pacs, so Max returning at some time in the playoffs could definitely be a real possibility. As insane as that may seem.

This is incredible news. I sure hope its true and that he returns to the level he was at and that he can continue to improve.

I cant help to think the last time a player returned in a speedy fashion from a fractured vertabrae, that team won the Cup. Cole was suposed to be back for the 2nd round too, but afaik he only played in 2 games of the Cup finals. I believe Coles fracture was worse than Max Pacs, so Max returning at some time in the playoffs could definitely be a real possibility. As insane as that may seem.

The disturbing thing is that, as Wamsley points out, Cole hasn't been the same player since.