Injury Updates

dlbalr

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skated briefly yesterday with Markov and Halpern but don't expect him back this series...or this season for that matter from the sounds of things.

I hadn't. I thought reports of his return these playoffs were premature, but I'm happy that he's working towards a return. I suffered a nasty concussion a few years back, and it took forever to get back to into working out and playing sports. I even still get headaches when overexerting myself. Patches' hit was much worse, and arguably, NHL level hockey is harder than what I do. happy.gif

I'll be glad if Max can be game-ready for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like a knee injury for Desharnais, no word yet on his potential availability for Tuesday.

Of course it does. Habs player gets hot, Habs player gets hurt. It's like an iron law of the 2010-11 season.

Of course it does. Habs player gets hot, Habs player gets hurt. It's like an iron law of the 2010-11 season.

Who has it happened to other than Pacioretty?

Now both Wiz and DD are 'questionable' for tomorrow night according to CBC :wall: The madness continues

At least someone's checking the links on the site. :) It's nothing we didn't already know though, obviously Desharnais was questionable after missing the 2nd OT while Wisniewski has to be listed as questionable having missed half the game last night. We should know more tomorrow.

Oh, all right, I'm just griping. The point is, our propensity for injuries this season sucks.

I see no sense in complaining about injuries after watching the Penguins continue to excel without Crosby/Malkin.

If any team has the right to complain, it is the Penguins, yet they are 1 win away from the second round. I tend to look forward to how strong this team will be in 2012 with the return of Markov, Gorges and the continued development of Desharnais, Pacioretty, Eller and Weber.

Most people have written off Weber, but most people forget what a disaster Streit was for a season and a half and he was 29 when he debuted.

I see no sense in complaining about injuries after watching the Penguins continue to excel without Crosby/Malkin.

If any team has the right to complain, it is the Penguins, yet they are 1 win away from the second round. I tend to look forward to how strong this team will be in 2012 with the return of Markov, Gorges and the continued development of Desharnais, Pacioretty, Eller and Weber.

Most people have written off Weber, but most people forget what a disaster Streit was for a season and a half and he was 29 when he debuted.

I really don't get why Weber is not playing when both Spacek and Sopel are in the lineup. Sopel at least has been pretty good on the shot block, but both are brutal in getting the puck out of our zone and are extremely slow - which is really saying something, since the Bruins aren't exactly a fast team.

I'd rather live with Weber's mistakes, since it will help his future development, then a couple of old fart's regular brain cramps.

What Pittsburgh has done is truly remarkable. If Byslma doesn't win coach of the year, then something is gravely askew.

Nevertheless I will still complain about injuries. It's three years running we've been ravaged and I see no sense in denying that it sucks. Having said that, I'm not advocating a pity party. The Habs need to - and will - suck it up and play their hearts out no matter what.

Pacioretty expected to skate at practice this morning though obviously he won't be playing tomorrow.

I don't know why this is even a story. I don't want MaxPac back this year. Let him fully recover, build strength in his neck, hit the weight room hard and come back stronger overall for next year.

Malkin is also skating, but its been pretty clear that its just the regular post-surgery routine and that he won't be back this year. Pens are also being very careful about Crosby, yet you read some of the comments about MaxPac and their is this delusional feeling that he may be ready to go this year.

I don't know why this is even a story. I don't want MaxPac back this year. Let him fully recover, build strength in his neck, hit the weight room hard and come back stronger overall for next year.

100%. The prospect of MaxPac returning this year is BAD news if you ask me. For God's sake, learn from Marc Savard and let him heal.

100%. The prospect of MaxPac returning this year is BAD news if you ask me. For God's sake, learn from Marc Savard and let him heal.

The only difference between Savard and Pacioretty is that Pacioretty is not suffering from post concussion syndrome. His healing is from a broken neck.

Once the bone heals, there isn't really fear of a second broken neck based on the first one. Savard/Crosby should not be rushed back because of concussions.

According to Renaud Lavoie, Desharnais is out for tomorrow. Consider the source for what it's worth though.

Yeh, TSN is running it too, stating that RDS has him out with a sprained knee.

Yeh, TSN is running it too, stating that RDS has him out with a sprained knee.

They're citing Lavoie's report though, McKenzie re-tweeted it this afternoon and the report was written after. Given his (and his sources') success rate with stuff like this, it's far from a certainty at this point.