Injury Updates

dlbalr

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eller confirmed that he played game 6-7 with a dislocated shoulder after the first shift in game 6...

Impressive since he was one of our best players...

• 2 weeks later...

Eller had shoulder surgery yesterday and according to RDS' timeline, he may miss at least the beginning of training camp. They're saying 4-6 months for recovery which puts it anywhere between mid September and mid November.

Eller had shoulder surgery yesterday and according to RDS' timeline, he may miss at least the beginning of training camp. They're saying 4-6 months for recovery which puts it anywhere between mid September and mid November.

damn these injuries just keep on killing us.

damn these injuries just keep on killing us.

Ha ha, I've seen this movie before. Expect Eller to return to the lineup two steps behind everyone else, lose confidence and consequently struggle for the entire season. All the optimism surrounding him after the playoff will dissipate and it will become questionable whether he has a future with us. You heard it here first.

I'm pretty impressed by Eller after learning that. He's been playing great despite that injury.

Got an "A" on his HW April assessment: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2483

The most amazing stat for Eller? Plus 2. The way he played in the postseason, elevating his game, maintaining puck possession and cycling in the offensive zone, was impressive. Finishing on a strong note like that is a good harbinger for next season.

Lots of determination and character from him to play at a high level despite that injury. This determination and character are more valuable than the loss he'll take from missing training camp.

Ha ha, I've seen this movie before. Expect Eller to return to the lineup two steps behind everyone else, lose confidence and consequently struggle for the entire season. All the optimism surrounding him after the playoff will dissipate and it will become questionable whether he has a future with us. You heard it here first.

Eller is a work in progress either way. I'm looking forward to seeing him back next season but I wouldn't say the shoulder surgery will significantly set him back.

I say that because I didn't expect him to come out swinging anyway. He could be great in time but shoulder injury or not I don't think he would have been lighting it up in the first part of 2011/12.

He still has many miles to go before he reaches his potential.

Like any Hab though, I wish him the best next season.

• 2 weeks later...

A tweet about Max Pacioretty from Bob McKenzie:

Quick Max Pacioretty update. Fully recovered from all injuries, could play now if there were games to play. Working out, feeling great.

• 3 weeks later...

I am expecting a lot from him coming back off that injury. He has the confidence now and he seems by all accounts extremely determined.

• 2 months later...

On Cyberpresse today, Eller saying that he doesn't know when he'll be able to return on the ice. He says that it could be for game one as well as much later.

He also says that he gained 15 lbs and that he's now sitting at 202 lbs.

please be muscle and not fat, thats alot of wieght to put on in a summer, especially nursing an injury

Yeah, muscles, not fat. It is because his injury didn't stop him at all in the gym.

It's encouraging to hear Eller is filling out a bit. He's never going to be an overly physical player but it should help him in terms of protecting the puck amongst other little things at least. Heck, we may soon be able to say we have a centre with some size...boy that feels nice to type.

It's encouraging to hear Eller is filling out a bit. He's never going to be an overly physical player but it should help him in terms of protecting the puck amongst other little things at least. Heck, we may soon be able to say we have a centre with some size...boy that feels nice to type.

Given the unexpectedly formidable puck protection skills that Eller showed in the playoffs, if he can handle the added muscle - which sometimes requires an adjustment period from a player - and if he can build on the playoffs rather than regress, Eller could surprise people and make an impact. He's one of several interesting X-factors on the team this season (Desharnais, MaxPax, Emelin, Markov's health, Subban's sophomore jinx) that'll likely make the difference between the Habs remaining merely a 'pretty good' team and taking that next step to full-blown, clear-cut contenders. Last season was a 'stablizing' year wherein the players solidified their team identity after the crazy blow-up summer of 2009. This season is about hitting the next level.